• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have hundreds of crates. Should I try and get rid of them ASAP while I can ask keys for them or is it worth more keeping them?

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
I have hundreds of crates. Should I try and get rid of them ASAP while I can ask keys for them or is it worth more keeping them?
Hard to say. You don't get many keys for then as it is. When they make the conversation that's hundreds of chances of getting something that may have some value when traded after. I'm going to keep hoarding mine.

Nothus

Oct 26, 2017
What's going to happen to existing keys we have?

Edit: Never mind just seen the post above.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
So what's everyone's verdict on keys, I have about 70 left, should I hoard them or go on a create-opening festival?

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
How do you go about trading something? I just looked up some wheels I have, crimson painted Apex wheels and they seem to go for a few keys. Wouldn't mind selling but don't know how.

Edit: nevermind, found a site that was painless.

Last edited:

nikasun :D

Oct 30, 2017
How is it possible after 1700 hours to only now read about bakkesmod? :*( The instant features sound wonderful! Is there more I can do with it?

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm more and more convinced the current Rocket League ranking system is busted. Before, on average, 2 wins would promote me, 2 losses would demote me, so it could be that I go up and down continously if I win one and lose one. This no longer seems to be the case. When I first started reporting that I get demoted even when I win or not get promoted after multiple matches, then maybe twice in one match, some users pointed out that I might just have quit too early for the ranking to be shown correctly. I didn't think that was the case, but you know, it's not like I was 100% sure. I don't normally quit a match when I play ranked, I just finish it, let the rewards finish and look for a new match on the screen score. That's what I did in the past 30 matches or so, only quitting when I was quitting the game, which also happened after the rewards and final scores were shown.

Well, this past weekend I played about 20 matches, winning like 15 and losing around 5. I could win 3-4 matches in a row and my ranking would not change, I could lose one and it would go down and vice versa. Despite the vast majority of wins I ended the weekend on the exact same ranking I was in, and I was coming from a win or two. Earlier today I lost the first match and I was already demoted, despite coming from wins. And the other week I had a case where I won being MVP and I still got demoted - and I did not quit during the rank calculations in the previous match.

Not sure why it's so unstable nowadays, it used to be so smooth in the past. Luckily I don't care that much about ranking other than the rewards it gives, but it sucks when I play really well for 3-4 matches winning and nothing changes, then I have a bad match and it's already a demote. Takes a lot of motivation away from playing ranked when I could do randoms where I even get more XP due to the streak bonuses they give there.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
I'm more and more convinced the current Rocket League ranking system is busted. Before, on average, 2 wins would promote me, 2 losses would demote me, so it could be that I go up and down continously if I win one and lose one. This no longer seems to be the case. When I first started reporting that I get demoted even when I win or not get promoted after multiple matches, then maybe twice in one match, some users pointed out that I might just have quit too early for the ranking to be shown correctly. I didn't think that was the case, but you know, it's not like I was 100% sure. I don't normally quit a match when I play ranked, I just finish it, let the rewards finish and look for a new match on the screen score. That's what I did in the past 30 matches or so, only quitting when I was quitting the game, which also happened after the rewards and final scores were shown.

Well, this past weekend I played about 20 matches, winning like 15 and losing around 5. I could win 3-4 matches in a row and my ranking would not change, I could lose one and it would go down and vice versa. Despite the vast majority of wins I ended the weekend on the exact same ranking I was in, and I was coming from a win or two. Earlier today I lost the first match and I was already demoted, despite coming from wins. And the other week I had a case where I won being MVP and I still got demoted - and I did not quit during the rank calculations in the previous match.

Not sure why it's so unstable nowadays, it used to be so smooth in the past. Luckily I don't care that much about ranking other than the rewards it gives, but it sucks when I play really well for 3-4 matches winning and nothing changes, then I have a bad match and it's already a demote. Takes a lot of motivation away from playing ranked when I could do randoms where I even get more XP due to the streak bonuses they give there.

Honestly my friends and me noticed something similar and we are just in High Silver / Low Gold, we have to win 2-3 matches to get promoted and then even if we win another one after that, one lose and we are already going back down, that can't be right.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly my friends and me noticed something similar and we are just in High Silver / Low Gold, we have to win 2-3 matches to get promoted and then even if we win another one after that, one lose and we are already going back down, that can't be right.

I'm just unsure if it's a bug (visual or actual rank calculation issues) or they really just have some crazy parameters in place right now. It shouldn't be that I play 3-4 matches in a row and nothing changes in my ranking, that to me is just absurd. Likewise, I have a nice winning streak with tons of MVPs, and I lose match by 1 or 2 goals and bam, I go down. I remember me and my fiancé climbing up like crazy in Rumble last Winter, every time we'd win 2 in a row that was a promotion, and since we'd usually lose like 1 every 4-5 matches or so, we wouldn't see a lot of demoting at all. Nowadays such an average has us sit still, or even go down sometimes. If that's a design choice, that's just stupid. If it's a bug, hopefully it'll be fixed because it sucks a lot of fun out of ranked.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
The more games you play on your account the more MMR it's going to take to move up. Your rank range narrows as you play more and more games. You have to sustain higher level play to move up by winning several in a row. If you're winning a few then losing and staying in the same rank range you may have just plateaued at your current skill level. You can try a new account to see if you can go higher without the weight of your history of play holding you back.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The more games you play on your account the more MMR it's going to take to move up. Your rank range narrows as you play more and more games. You have to sustain higher level play to move up by winning several in a row. If you're winning a few then losing and staying in the same rank range you may have just plateaued at your current skill level. You can try a new account to see if you can go higher without the weight of your history of play holding you back.

Ouch. So with me 1000 or so hours in Rocket League the game is basically telling me to fuck myself, should have played less to rank up faster? :\

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just unsure if it's a bug (visual or actual rank calculation issues) or they really just have some crazy parameters in place right now. It shouldn't be that I play 3-4 matches in a row and nothing changes in my ranking, that to me is just absurd. Likewise, I have a nice winning streak with tons of MVPs, and I lose match by 1 or 2 goals and bam, I go down. I remember me and my fiancé climbing up like crazy in Rumble last Winter, every time we'd win 2 in a row that was a promotion, and since we'd usually lose like 1 every 4-5 matches or so, we wouldn't see a lot of demoting at all. Nowadays such an average has us sit still, or even go down sometimes. If that's a design choice, that's just stupid. If it's a bug, hopefully it'll be fixed because it sucks a lot of fun out of ranked.
Ouch. So with me 1000 or so hours in Rocket League the game is basically telling me to fuck myself, should have played less to rank up faster? :\

Yeah if it's really the MMR affecting long-time players to such a degree I would still call the system quite a bit overtuned. I've played a good bit of League of Legends Ranked aswell as numerous fighting-games and I've yet to encounter a game that is this "brutally" ranked-tuned like Rocket League is. Especially since I also encounter a good bit of smurfs every now and then. For example yesterday I was playing Duos with a friend and we are currently at high Silver, the session started well with us winning three matches in a row and getting to Silver III Division IV finally and then the next game we had what only could be a smurf as an opponent because his teammate practically did nothing and he himself scored 10 goals by flying in such a manner that the ball was practically attached to him. Yet he showed as Silver II and I haven't seen this kind of play even in higher Gold ranks. Of course we were swiftly demoted to Silver III Division III after that loss again and it felt like the three victories we had beforehand were worth absolutely nothing.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah if it's really the MMR affecting long-time players to such a degree I would still call the system quite a bit overtuned. I've played a good bit of League of Legends Ranked aswell as numerous fighting-games and I've yet to encounter a game that is this "brutally" ranked-tuned like Rocket League is. Especially since I also encounter a good bit of smurfs every now and then. For example yesterday I was playing Duos with a friend and we are currently at high Silver, the session started well with us winning three matches in a row and getting to Silver III Division IV finally and then the next game we had what only could be a smurf as an opponent because his teammate practically did nothing and he himself scored 10 goals by flying in such a manner that the ball was practically attached to him. Yet he showed as Silver II and I haven't seen this kind of play even in higher Gold ranks. Of course we were swiftly demoted to Silver III Division III after that loss again and it felt like the three victories we had beforehand were worth absolutely nothing.

It makes no sense to me. People should be ranked based on their actual skill, not how much time they have in the game. I usually play ranked with my fiancé, she became great but she's not exactly on my level, so not only I play on relatively low ranks compared to my possibilities but I also spent a lot of time playing with her in even lower scenarios. We are at a certain level in two however, why should the game punish us for having played many hours to get there overall? It just sucks out all enjoyment from ranked because we can absolutely dominate teams of good players from time to time, then lose one with an unlucky last second own goal or some shit and back to the demotion we go. We win a lot more than we lose and we can barely even move. Not sure why is it relevant if someone is exactly on my skill level if he got there playing 50 hours or 5000.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
It makes no sense to me. People should be ranked based on their actual skill, not how much time they have in the game. I usually play ranked with my fiancé, she became great but she's not exactly on my level, so not only I play on relatively low ranks compared to my possibilities but I also spent a lot of time playing with her in even lower scenarios. We are at a certain level in two however, why should the game punish us for having played many hours to get there overall? It just sucks out all enjoyment from ranked because we can absolutely dominate teams of good players from time to time, then lose one with an unlucky last second own goal or some shit and back to the demotion we go. We win a lot more than we lose and we can barely even move. Not sure why is it relevant if someone is exactly on my skill level if he got there playing 50 hours or 5000.

Yeah I completely agree with you and your situation with your fiancé mirrors the situation I have with my friends. Time should never be a factor in any competitive scenario, what if I took a break from the game for a year, why should I be punished ranked-wise that I haven't played in a while but played alot before?

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
Not really accurate. Just that if you take a long time to rank up it's going to be more of a grind to continue going up. It gets good players to the top faster (to minimize smurfing) and keeps slow learners on a steady march uphill, and you're not going to get anywhere unless you improve your mechanics and game sense to a point where you outclass your current rank by a decent margin once your rank starts to cement itself.

I'm in the same position in Champ I/ Champ II with a little over 2K hours (which I'm sure classifies me as a slow learner there might be pros with less game time than me), but I also haven't really improved much recently and I mostly solo queue or play with Diamond friends so I don't expect to go up much if at all. I probably have Champ III or Grand Champ game sense, but my mechanics are Champ I at best cause I only play 3's and don't work on dribbling or anything like that much at all.

There's plenty of video series on youtube that can show you what you can be learning to improve your game at all ranks. Or you can just chill and play. Or rage at the ranking system or random teammates or whatever.

mrpoopy

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure about getting punished by having played more hours. I've been playing for a couple of years and mmr is always around +/- 9 after a match. More if the other team has higher mmr or less if they have lower mmr.

You can track your mmr after each match with Bakkes Mod on PC or with the live tracker at https://rocketleague.tracker.network

Your rank should match your mmr according to this distribution:

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Blog
Every hero has a journey. Yours begins in Rocket Pass 5 on December 4 following the Blueprint Update! Prepare to find your inner strength and climb to the Pro Tiers to be the best like no one ever was.

Upgrade to Rocket Pass Premium and wield the power of the newest car, Chikara. This anime-inspired supercar will be unlocked immediately, and the Chikara GTX will be waiting for you at Tier 70. Rocket Pass 5 features 70 Tiers of new items including Holosphere Wheels, Metallograph Animated Decal, and three new Goal Explosions! But the journey doesn't end there. Unlock the Pro Tiers beyond Tier 70 and get Painted and Special Edition versions of select Rocket Pass 5 items!

Your challenge awaits. Rocket Pass 5 has brand new Weekly Challenges in both the free and Rocket Pass Premium tracks. You'll be able to complete Weekly Challenges from previous weeks throughout Rocket Pass 5 to get to the Pro Tiers even faster, just like in Rocket Pass 4.

Upgrade to Rocket Pass Premium for 1000 Credits, or get a headstart on your journey with the Premium Bundle and a 12-Tier Boost for 2000 Credits. Since Credits are replacing Keys on December 4, Credits have been added to Rocket Pass. You can now earn up to 1000 Credits in Rocket Pass Premium.

Rocket Pass 4 ends on December 3 (the day before the Blueprint Update), so there's still time to get the Pro Tiers if you haven't yet. Rocket Pass 5 will begin on December 4 following the update. So, stay focused, train hard, and get ready for your Rocket Pass 5 journey!

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
What's everyone doing with their inventories?

Trying to trade what they can before the patch?

Letting all your crates be converted?

Nothus

Oct 26, 2017
Not sure if you guys are aware (or if this is correct) but I read that any crates in your inventory are going to convert into unrevealed blueprints as opposed to normal ones. And I don't think the unrevealed blueprints are tradeable.

iosa

Oct 27, 2017
Toulouse, France
Not sure if you guys are aware (or if this is correct) but I read that any crates in your inventory are going to convert into unrevealed blueprints as opposed to normal ones. And I don't think the unrevealed blueprints are tradeable.

That's correct, I think it's just a way to stack items in the inventory. You'll be able to reveal them and trades thoses though once you know what's inside.

Nothus

Oct 26, 2017
Nah revealing doesn't cost anything. Building the blueprint to get the item is where you spend money.
Oh, ok. I'm not sure I understand the point of it then? I have over 250 crates in my inventory, are you telling me I'm going to have to go through them all one by one and reveal the blueprints?! Why the hell couldn't it be an automatic process if it doesn't cost anything to do it?

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
Oh, ok. I'm not sure I understand the point of it then? I have over 250 crates in my inventory, are you telling me I'm going to have to go through them all one by one and reveal the blueprints?! Why the hell couldn't it be an automatic process if it doesn't cost anything to do it?
It's just to manage the load on their servers. 250 crates would take no time at all for you to go through, but hundreds of thousands of people having all their hundreds or thousands of crates rolled in one go at the time the store goes live would probably take down Rocket League's servers for a week.

mrpoopy

Oct 27, 2017
It's just to manage the load on their servers. 250 crates would take no time at all for you to go through, but hundreds of thousands of people having all their hundreds or thousands of crates rolled in one go at the time the store goes live would probably take down Rocket League's servers for a week.

This will be us in a couple of days (including the loop). If it's anything like the crate animation it will take 30 minutes to go through 250 reveals.
IgMyx.gif

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Hi everyone! We've been reading through all of your comments and feedback about the Item Shop and the Blueprint Update coming in December. One concern shared by many of you is how we are converting Keys into Credits in the Blueprint Update.

Taking community feedback into consideration, we are making an adjustment to how Keys will convert into Credits. To line up the conversion with the Credits pricing we announced last week, those of you with a lot of Keys in your inventory will see those Keys convert at a higher rate. Check out the chart below:

Total Keys In Inventory
Credits per Key

1-9 Keys

10-19 Keys

20-49 Keys

50 or more Keys

This new conversion rate will ensure that the number of Credits you receive for your Keys lines up with the Credit pack pricing.

Decryptors from your inventory will be converted into "Bonus Gifts," which can be opened at no cost. Bonus Gifts will contain items from the Vindicator Crate series and first...

nikasun :D

Oct 30, 2017
Found it:
The new Rocket Pass and Blueprint update will go live at 10:00 PT / 13:00 ET / 18:00 GMT on December 4

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
The subreddit is predictably freaking out over the prices now that their trade prices subsidized by rich people opening 100s of dollars of crates are super low.

mrpoopy

Oct 27, 2017
They should adjust the price dynamically similar to how prices were set with trading. If nobody is building a specific blueprint it should cost pennies not $1. If a blueprint is popular increase the price.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
They really needed an open all button for each type of blueprint that the crates turned into, but it didn't take me too long to get through them. I kind of wish I could "trade" them in for a small amount of credits, like 5 or 10.

Isn't Rocket Pass 5 supposed to start today?

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck is this update lmao.

• You can not trade in all your projects at the same time. People like me with hundreds of crates, good luck.
  • You can no longer use the in-game trading "upgrade" system to turn lower quality items into one better. Before you could for example trade 5 useless blues into a purple, then 5 purples into a red and so on. This is no longer the case. Good luck getting rid of all your scrap blues.
  • There is also no way to get rid of projects aside from trading with other players. Who wants my 10 identical blue rarity skins? Where the fuck am I gonna trade items EVERYBODY has already?
  • The inventory became even bigger of a mess. Not only it shows all common items too now that you can't trade anyway, it shows the content of the hundreds of crates I had stacked as opposed to having 15-20 stacks of those. Hooray.
  • The prices are fucking insane. The only good part of the lootboxes was that you could, in theory, get a cool item even for a single key or decryptor. Now a coloured exotic is like 1600 credits, good luck. A black market item costs as much as the game. Wow.
  • With millions of projects that will now flood the third-party organized trades, you'd think they could have added a proper in-game auction house/marketplace like the Ultimate Team modes have in EA Sports games. Nothing.
  • You'd also think that the game would give you some way to get rid of projects aside from trades and opening them, but no. Nobody will want my billion identical skins. I won't certainly spend 10-15 Euros to open shit I don't need. They could have done even a very fucking poor option where they give you like 1-5 credit for the projects you don't need, so by scrapping dozens of useless stuff you can at least pick up a thing or two. This is not possible.

They need to work on this quite a bit because this is fucking bad right now. Luckily I don't care that much about these cosmetics, but right now this is really bad both in terms of value, inventory clutter and in terms of how hard it is to obtain good items.

Jul 18, 2018
They really needed an open all button for each type of blueprint that the crates turned into, but it didn't take me too long to get through them. I kind of wish I could "trade" them in for a small amount of credits, like 5 or 10.

Isn't Rocket Pass 5 supposed to start today?
The developers said that they are having server issues so that is why the Rocket Pass isn't showing up or hasn't gone live yet