• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
never even knew this was going to be a thing. not a big shocker. also hard to be disappointed by this until we see her in the Flash movie, where the news might then sting lol.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
So it seems like their response to Ezra Miller's behavior is to cancel everything surrounding The Flash movie. But not The Flash movie itself, lol.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
hard to make heads or tails of when we haven't seen a single second of her in this role. public reception to the character might revive the project once the movie comes out if people like her enough.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
No girls allowed 🙅‍♂️🙅‍♂️🙅‍♂️

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck fuck fuck.

David Zaslav
giphy.gif

Revali

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Rito Village
Eh, while it sucks that stuff is getting cancelled that many have looked forward to, I think DC has been a mess since Man of Steel and is in dire need of a clean state.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
This seemed inevitable. Not even sure why they're bothering to move forward with the Flash if the entire universe pivot it's supposed to cause is being slashed away.

DrewyMcK

Nov 5, 2017
Seems like the final bullets being put into the DCEU with all these cancellations. What's the chances of anything scheduled to release after The Flash ever seeing the light of day, assuming that doesn't get shelved as well?

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
Another mid-budget casualty it seems. Reports with Batgirl was that they only want major blockbuster DC movies, with I guess the low end being Shazam 2 at $125 million.

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like they're resetting things but keeping certain elements.

According to a banned source on here, Aquaman 2 could be pushed back to Dec 2023. We'll see if that pans out.

Shazam might move as well, which would mean that the Flash would not be needed as much.

Tbh the state of the DCEU bar a few shining lights, maybe all this is for the best.

The longer they leave it the longer it will take to right the ship.

FUNKNOWN iXi

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The Flash is going to release and we're going to have another restore the Snyderverse DCEU on our hands.

Sep 28, 2018
Wow. Big tell they are not moving forward with Hamada's DCEU plans at all. Supergirl and Batgirl were the core of those plans, it seemed, to lead a female trinity with WW.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So no Dominican Batgirl, and no Latina Supergirl

I see how it is...

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
People were talking about restore the Snyderverse

Now we need to restore the intermediary films meant to haphazardly replace the Snyderverse

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
Seems like the final bullets being put into the DCEU with all these cancellations. What's the chances of anything scheduled to release after The Flash ever seeing the light of day, assuming that doesn't get shelved as well?

This is the first causality that was, I assume, a theatrical movie tbf, so it's hard to say what this means for non-HBO Max movies. It still sounds like The Flash is happening, as they have pumped so much money into it and it is, for all of its sins, testing really well with people internally. I think all of the 'big' movies are safe, it's more a question of when they releasing now.

I'd be very worried about the lesser stuff though..like Wonder Woman 3? Big movie, proven franchise, they are good. Zatanna and Nightwing? Those are absolutely fucked.

Oct 25, 2017
so considering Flash leaks/rumors:
I read that the movie sets up Keaton as the Batman in this universe going forward, along with Supergirl replacing Superman. Like not just one-offs but an actual ending that establishes them as permanent. (Well, permanent until it's not anymore, you know how these things work.)
But if Supergirl is probably out of the picture now, and Keaton seems to be becoming a one-off in favor of Affleck's unexpected return to the studio....
does that mean they're going to need to do more reshoots for flash for the ending to make any sense?
I doubt they're going to wrangle the trainwreck that is ezra so are they just gonna like...put affleck on a green screen and do some very creative cutting?
interested in how theyre going to handle the shifting landscape that is the future of DC considering how wb is seemingly in total chaos
dc films was already on shaky enough ground as it was before this

Last edited:

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
Sounds like they are rebooting everything other than the established huge hits in Joker/Reeves Batman.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Sasha Calle got really emotional when she was offered the role. How heartbreaking for her.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I read that the movie sets up Keaton as the Batman in this universe going forward, along with Supergirl replacing Superman. Like not just one-offs but an actual ending that establishes them as permanent. (Well, permanent until it's not anymore, you know how these things work.)
But if Supergirl is probably out of the picture, and Keaton seems to be becoming a one-off in favor of Affleck's unexpected return to the universe....
does that mean they're going to need to do more reshoots for flash for the ending to make any sense?
I doubt they're going to wrangle the trainwreck that is ezra so are they just gonna like...put affleck on a green screen and do some very creative cutting?
interested in how theyre going to handle the shifting landscape that is the future of DC considering how wb is seemingly in total chaos
dc films was already on shaky enough ground as it was before this
Micheal Keaton is 70 years old.

I love him to death, especially as Batman but trying to make him THE Batman seems pretty nuts.

just get rid of Affleck and recast/reboot this entire trainwreck of a cinematic universe instead of trying to desperately salvage it to increasingly embarrassing results.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I read that the movie sets up Keaton as the Batman in this universe going forward, along with Supergirl replacing Superman. Like not just one-offs but an actual ending that establishes them as permanent.
But if Supergirl is probably out of the picture, and Keaton seems to be becoming a one-off in favor of Affleck's unexpected return to the universe....
dc films was already on shaky enough ground as it was

Its not just affecting the Flash either. Latest rumor is that The Flash movie not being released is why Affleck is now shooting scenes for Aquaman 2. Supposedly Keaton shot a scene that was going to be a surprise reveal but due to Flash not being released test screenings left people were confused why Keaton was there. So now because Flash is in limbo they have to reshoot with Affleck Batman instead. Which means Keaton likely will be a one off now instead of actually being apart of the new DCEU.

Oct 25, 2017
Micheal Keaton is 70 years old.

I love him to death, especially as Batman but trying to make him THE Batman seems pretty nuts.

just get rid of Affleck and recast/reboot this entire trainwreck of a cinematic universe instead of trying to desperately salvage to increasingly embarrassing results.
hey it seemed weird to me too but im not calling the shots over there 🤷‍♂️
things would not be going remotely the same direction as they have been if I were...