• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MoonFrog

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. A lot depends on Octopath really. I'm going to try some Xanadu tonight (am atm) but ultimately make a decision when I try Octopath as to just how I'm going to spend my gaming time over the next month or so.

I'll be back here at say Christmas time so it isn't like MotE is always away from me but...it falls through the cracks a lot :P.

YuriLowell

Oct 26, 2017
Probably going to skip on Octopath for the moment. I've just got way too many other RPGs to play.
Once I finish up Trails of Cold Steel I think I'm gonna join the group in the Grandia thread.

OP
OP

Deleted member 419

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am wary of Octopath at the moment and the only judgment I have of it, is that I'll wait about a month to see what the community at large thinks about it once they've put it through its paces.

However I am buying a physical copy of it tomorrow so that if/when I decide it sounds like something worth dedicating my time to, I'm not SOL finding it at retail.

At any rate I'm finishing Grandia and considering playing a shorter RPG in time to potentially vote for it in the essential RPG thread, so I have enough on my plate as is. Plus I've been planning for a long time to marathon Resident Evil 4 whenever the full HD project mod releases, which coincidentally is tomorrow. It'll be a busy weekend!

MoonFrog

Oct 25, 2017
I've got a mixed relationship with Bravely Default and I'm expecting to have a (less) mixed relationship with Octopath. Namely, I like that Bravely Default brought back a jobs-and-crystals Final Fantasy and like how they played with the battle system. I didn't like the voice of the game or the characters or the aesthetic. The important thing, though, is that at the end of the day I like Bravely Default.

On the surface, Octopath looks more appealing to me in terms of where Bravely Default didn't impress me while also seemingly bringing another interesting take on classic battle systems to the table. Impressions are telling me that it is quite possible the enhanced appeal wrt the first thing might not penetrate much beyond the surface but...that's a step towards the good in and of itself even if I'm similarly disappointed in the characters and narrative as the game goes on.

I think where it might fall apart for me is in the non-linearity wrt gameplay. Namely, I'm unsure of level-scaling and how that'll affect the pacing of character growth, combat, and where they intersect. I think if the game is satisfying to me wrt combat and character growth, I'm going to like the game and I think this is the main potential hurdle to that. Could be wrong about that though.

Also a-okay with "town->dungeon->boss->town" and don't really get why that'd be a problem. Maybe I will when I play it? Just comes across as reductive and sounds like an old-school RPG, which I still play and enjoy regularly.

The narrative complaints don't really faze me much and sort of line up with my expectations, even if some of it sounds a bit beyond them (e.g. NPCs not remembering people). I think I'll be fine with the non-linearity wrt narrative. I don't really need cast drama and reaction text and was never anticipating Octopath along those lines. Honestly, a lot of that content is extremely throw-away in RPGs and I didn't like that content in Bravely Default so I think I'll be fine. But, who knows. Despite, as I said, it often is often "throw-away" content it does tend to add up to more than it is, much the way getting to know your team in individual battles does. So I could be under-rating just how jarring this will be.

Basileus777

Oct 26, 2017
New Jersey
I think where it might fall apart for me is in the non-linearity wrt gameplay. Namely, I'm unsure of level-scaling and how that'll affect the pacing of character growth, combat, and where they intersect. I think if the game is satisfying to me wrt combat and character growth, I'm going to like the game and I think this is the main potential hurdle to that. Could be wrong about that though.
Octopath doesn't have level scaling outside of chapter 1.

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've got a mixed relationship with Bravely Default and I'm expecting to have a (less) mixed relationship with Octopath. Namely, I like that Bravely Default brought back a jobs-and-crystals Final Fantasy and like how they played with the battle system. I didn't like the voice of the game or the characters or the aesthetic. The important thing, though, is that at the end of the day I like Bravely Default.

On the surface, Octopath looks more appealing to me in terms of where Bravely Default didn't impress me while also seemingly bringing another interesting take on classic battle systems to the table. Impressions are telling me that it is quite possible the enhanced appeal wrt the first thing might not penetrate much beyond the surface but...that's a step towards the good in and of itself even if I'm similarly disappointed in the characters and narrative as the game goes on.

Also a-okay with "town->dungeon->boss->town" and don't really get why that'd be a problem. Maybe I will when I play it? Just comes across as reductive and sounds like an old-school RPG, which I still play and enjoy regularly.

The narrative complaints don't really faze me much and sort of line up with my expectations, even if some of it sounds a bit beyond them (e.g. NPCs not remembering people). I think I'll be fine with the non-linearity wrt narrative. I don't really need cast drama and reaction text and was never anticipating Octopath along those lines. Honestly, a lot of that content is extremely throw-away in RPGs and I didn't like that content in Bravely Default so I think I'll be fine. But, who knows. Despite, as I said, it often is often "throw-away" content it does tend to add up to more than it is, much the way getting to know your team in individual battles does. So I could be under-rating just how jarring this will be.
I liked BD a lot myself despite its kinda formulaic structure and samey dungeons thanks to the great combat and always addictive job system, but what I've tried of the demo and what I'm hearing of Octopath makes it sound even better. I don't mind the town, dungeon, boss approach either a lot and to be honest what I care about the most in RPGs is the systems in play, combat, character growth and customization, etc, so story and characters themselves are just gravy, which is why the most recurrent complaints I've read so far (disjointed story and lack of party chemistry) don't bother me.

Only thing that worries me a bit is how a lot of reviews call it grindy... And granted I rarely believe people when they call JRPGs such because 90% of the time is them just feeling they /have/ to grind for whatever reason (usually lack of real strategy), but yeah. Personally lack of battle experience for the bench doesn't bother me and I don't mind juggling characters to not leave them under leveled, but maybe it'll be a real problem once I play the main game, we'll see.

Incidentally I just read this review in progress by Parish, who generally I agree with a lot on RPGs and he sounds pretty positive https://www.polygon.com/platform/am...octopath-traveler-review-nintendo-switch-jrpg

Bottom line is what I've played of the demo already convinces me that I'll have a great time, so I'm picking this bad boy up as soon as I'm out of work tomorrow.

MoonFrog

Oct 25, 2017
Only thing that worries me a bit is how a lot of reviews call it grindy... And granted I rarely believe people when they call JRPGs such because 90% of the time is them just feeling they /have/ to grind for whatever reason (usually lack of real strategy), but yeah. Personally lack of battle experience for the bench doesn't bother me and I don't mind juggling characters to not leave them under leveled, but maybe it'll be a real problem once I play the main game, we'll see.
Yeah, I kind of put that to the side for the reason you give: usually when I grind in games, it is very much a choice I put on myself :P.

Still, I could see how the non-linearity plus level-gating could create a more game-mandated grind I guess.

But really Basileus took a load off my mind lol. Level scaling can really mess things up.

Prophaniti

Oct 28, 2017
Ok does anyone know if I should focus on spears or swords first in Dragon Quest 8? I cant find a solid answer anywhere. Spears are good for metal slimes I guess? I'm not sure the importance of that though. Swords are more common? Ahhh I can't decide. This always happens lol

Prophaniti

Oct 28, 2017
In was leaning spears but now I'm seeing boomerang suggestions so I'm basically just staring at closed 3ds in anguish lol.

Bosh

Oct 26, 2017
Playing FF6 & SMT Strange Journey Redux right now. (Only play SMT SJ in bed normally)

Should have FF6 beaten by early next week. What RPG should I move onto next?

FFX
FF4
Trails of Cold Steel #1
World of Final Fantasy

Already own all of them so its a matter of order played really. Need to clear some backlog before I pick up Ocotopath or any other RPG

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Playing FF6 & SMT Strange Journey Redux right now. (Only play SMT SJ in bed normally)

Should have FF6 beaten by early next week. What RPG should I move onto next?

FFX
FF4
Trails of Cold Steel #1
World of Final Fantasy

Already own all of them so its a matter of order played really. Need to clear some backlog before I pick up Ocotopath or any other RPG
I say go with FF10. It's pretty straightforward, but character growth and customization can be super fun to mess around with (especially if you go with the expert sphere grid). The world is very interesting and the story pretty good too, IMO.

FF4 is... Good, I guess, but it might feel like a huge step down in every sense coming fresh from FF6, and World is better enjoyed after having played these numbered titles first.

Bosh

Oct 26, 2017
I say go with FF10. It's pretty straightforward, but character growth and customization can be super fun to mess around with (especially if you go with the expert sphere grid). The world is very interesting and the story pretty good too, IMO.

FF4 is... Good, I guess, but it might feel like a huge step down in every sense coming fresh from FF6, and World is better enjoyed after having played these numbered titles first.

Perfect, thank you for the input! Will go with FFX next

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
Randomly tuned into the Giant Bomb Infinite stream and their quick look for The Witcher was on.

I played it like 2012 or 2013 for the first time in preperation for The Witcher 2. What the fuck is the awful 3rd person camera? Was the isometric camera not the standard? I played it in iso and never got the complaints about the combat system or people calling it bad.

Deleted member 30681

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
So I've finished a couple of RPGs over the past couple days, and wanted to briefly post my thoughts on each.

Final Fantasy 1:

I went into this expecting to not enjoy it and I was pleasantly surprised by how much fun I had with it. It's the second Final Fantasy game I've finished the other being Final Fantasy 7. Despite the lackluster story I found the game to be rather charming, and I really enjoyed the combat. Not really a whole lot else to say about this. I'm really interested to see how FF2-6 deviate from what FF1 established,

For anyone curious I was playing the PSP version.

Parasite Eve:

This game was a nice surprise. It's really short, but it does a really good job of taking some of my favorite elements from survival horror games and mixing it with some really solid RPG elements. My favorite aspect of survival horror games has always been that you always feel forced in a way to actually scavenge the environment for weapons, health, armor, ammo etc and I felt this game did that really well.

When it comes to combat I also found that quite enjoyable. I think my favorite aspect of the combat is that you always have to think about how to dodge your enemies, and it's not just about mindlessly pressing the attack button, although the game does kinda get ridiculous towards the end once you unlock liberation lol.

On the story front I really liked the story. The sciency stuff I think was the most interesting aspect of it for me personally, but I also really liked the characters. Really excited to play the sequel soon.

Xetherion

Oct 30, 2017
Glad to see Parasite Eve getting some love! Really enjoyed that game back in my teen years.

I heard they went a very different direction with the sequel, so I've avoided it. Looking forward to hearing your impression of it.

Deleted member 23212

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Glad to see Parasite Eve getting some love! Really enjoyed that game back in my teen years.

I heard they went a very different direction with the sequel, so I've avoided it. Looking forward to hearing your impression of it.

My brother didn't enjoy it as much himself, he made it to the final boss but then ended up quitting before beating it.

MoonFrog

Oct 25, 2017
I like the original Final Fantasy quite a bit tbh. I really should play it and DQIII close together some time tbh. I think that would be interesting.

Sinatar

Oct 25, 2017
I started playing Brány Skeldalu today.

God that feeling when you play a 20+ year old game for the first time and it instantly skyrockets into your top 5 of all time. What. A. Game.

MoonFrog

Oct 25, 2017
I started playing Brány Skeldalu today.

God that feeling when you play a 20+ year old game for the first time and it instantly skyrockets into your top 5 of all time. What. A. Game.
What is it? Also what language is the title?

As to the latter, yep. Did that with the SNES SMTs this year. It is great.

Sinatar

Oct 25, 2017
What is it? Also what language is the title?

As to the latter, yep. Did that with the SNES SMTs this year. It is great.

First person dungeon crawler from the Czech Republic that came out in 1998. It recently got a fan translation to english. It's amazing.

It's got a really cool art style that looks like an 80's cartoon. It's got a great, annotatable automap, turn based combat, the ability to split your party up (in turn based mode even) to surround enemies and is just super polished and really fun.

I *love* dungeon crawlers though, especially turn based ones so it's hitting me right in the joy zone.

001p8jbx.jpg

MoonFrog

Oct 25, 2017
I was guessing Slavic of some sort! Didn't really have a reason though :P.

I do enjoy Atlus dungeon crawlers. Another reason to some day break into CRPG, to experience the dungeon crawler scene there.

I like the sort of slower-paced, methodical exploration nature of Etrian Odyssey; keeping that example, its focus on resource management and its finely crafted character growth and combat systems. Narrative light, but gameplay heavy and it really can suck you in.

SMT, Persona, etc. are different beasts, but I guess I'd assume EO is more a "archetypical" dungeon crawler but really I've got no experience from which to make that call :P.

Knurek

Oct 26, 2017
First person dungeon crawler from the Czech Republic that came out in 1998. It recently got a fan translation to english. It's amazing.
Calling it a translation is a bit of an understatement - it's just the game's script ran through a Google Translate, it seems.
I mean, the game has lines like "In the battle can not save the game. First finish duel.", "I have this thing just one. I think unnecessarily frustrates time." or "You must allocate all points. Not some "hide" in the game. Click a '+'."

Sinatar

Oct 25, 2017
Calling it a translation is a bit of an understatement - it's just the game's script ran through a Google Translate, it seems.
I mean, the game has lines like "In the battle can not save the game. First finish duel.", "I have this thing just one. I think unnecessarily frustrates time." or "You must allocate all points. Not some "hide" in the game. Click a '+'."

That's the old translation, there's a new one that just came out. It's much much better.

Go to the 10th post in this thread:
https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6619

OP
OP

Deleted member 419

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
rpgotquestionikugf.png

What sort of balance do you prefer between required content and optional content in RPGs? In games that have significantly more optional content than required content, how do you decide when enough is enough, and it's time to go finish the game?

Last edited:
OP
OP

Deleted member 419

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It's got a really cool art style that looks like an 80's cartoon. It's got a great, annotatable automap, turn based combat, the ability to split your party up (in turn based mode even) to surround enemies and is just super polished and really fun.

I *love* dungeon crawlers though, especially turn based ones so it's hitting me right in the joy zone.

001p8jbx.jpg
Well this looks interesting, and naturally I've never heard of it. Assuming the Android/iOS port (as per Wikipedia) doesn't have the fan translation though.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
If your required content feels like optional content, you're doing it wrong.

I'm not sure if this actually answers your question, though. Not sure I 100% understand what the question is, actually. I guess I want the best of both worlds: grand main storyline with lots of characters and twists and drama and laughs, but with tons of optional content I can tackle throughout the game whenever I feel like doing something else than proceeding with the story?

OP
OP

Deleted member 419

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If your required content feels like optional content, you're doing it wrong.

I'm not sure if this actually answers your question, though. Not sure I 100% understand what the question is, actually. I guess I want the best of both worlds: grand main storyline with lots of characters and twists and drama and laughs, but with tons of optional content I can tackle throughout the game whenever I feel like doing something else than proceeding with the story?
I reworded the question to convey the intent better - essentially I'm asking how much optional content you prefer an RPG to have, and how you figure out where to draw the line and say "OK, that's enough optional stuff, time to actually finish the game."

I suspect part of the reason that so many people are completionists is because "doing everything" is the easiest way to handle this question. You don't think about when you should just reign it in and start finishing the main quest vs. what you might be missing out on. Instead you just resolve to see all the content in the game. Personally I'd love to just adopt that approach, but the problem is that at that rate, I'd never finish anything. And I hate leaving games halfway finished!

erd

Self-Requested Temporary Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
rpgotquestionikugf.png

What sort of balance do you prefer between required content and optional content in RPGs? In games that have significantly more optional content than required content, how do you decide when enough is enough, and it's time to go finish the game?
This is pretty much impossible to answer definitively, because it heavily depends on the type of game.

In open world RPGs that heavily encourage exploration most of the game has to be optional content. If the main story already took you through most of the world, then you'd never feel like you discovered something by yourself. The game explicitly told you where to go after all. With a large amount of optional content, you are encouraged to explore the world in any way you feel like, since you're always likely to find an interesting quest wherever you go. Such games don't necessarily even need a main story/quest line since that's not the point of them at all - the main story is the world you're exploring.

On the other hand, linear, story based games don't really need sidequests at all. They often feel like sub-par content that's just there to pad the game, which I feel like really isn't necessary in most cases. Xenoblade Chronicles is a good example of a game where the sidequests are famously terrible and could easily be removed, especially considering that's a game where the main story already feels too long, so there really wasn't any need to pad it out even further. In such games, the side quests seem to serve much less of a purpose than in open-world games. Giving the player some agency to break up a linear story is nice I guess, but when they can only break it up with awful sidequests it doesn't really add anything to the game. Often, the sidequests aren't really terrible, but just sort of ok. In those cases, I'm pretty much completely indifferent to them - I'll do them if I like the game and skip them otherwise. The problem is that developers will always want to put the good stuff in the main story (so that as many players as possible get to experience it), which often makes sidequests feel like second-rate content, and that means that doing the main story is going to be more fun.

And then there's Divinity: Original Sin 2, which does sidequests so well it makes this question almost feel sort of silly. When sidequests are so good and so well integrated into the story that it's hard to say what's required and what's optional content there's really no need to question what the balance should be. I feel like that's the best solution to the question, but it's realistically too hard to implement for most games.

As for the second question, that one's easy. I do optional content as long as it's fun, and then do the story. Since I generally like RPGs, that means I often do most of the optional content (unless it's terrible, like noted above, or if I dislike the game). If the game demands me to do optional content that isn't fun (Dragon Age: Inquisition would be a notable example) then I just stop playing it altogether.

Sinatar

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really care how much optional vs. main content there is. It's the quality of the content that matters, if the side content is good then I'll do all of it.

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
rpgotquestionikugf.png

Preferably not much side-quests. Maybe a little bit here and there because my problem is that I can't decide when enough is enough. Usually I get to a point where I do all the side stuff, burn out on a game and then rush through the remaining story missions. Only exception was The Witcher 3 where I loved both and didn't burn out.

Celine

Oct 26, 2017
Not many know that the title screen in the western version of Secret of Mana is actually a 1/4 of the original artwork in the japanese title screen and then blown up x 2 (through Mode 7?) probably due to space issue with the cart and the english transaltion.

Seiken Densetsu 2 title screen (so beautiful)
1383718252693.gif

Secret of Mana title screen (ewww):
197986880e85f73b314e0fa7526106ae65cb86f9_hq.gif

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
rpgotquestionikugf.png

Really difficult question. It depends on the type and length of the game and quality of the optional content. I don't think there is a definitive answer.
For example in games like Skyrim where exploration and "be what you want" is the main pull, I don't think required content is needed at all.
Xenoblade Chronicles, on the other hand, could have used half as much side content. The game is already long as-is and most of the side content is garbage. But then, if it had the same amount of side-content, just of way better quality, it would have been fine?

As for the second question: I try to do all the optional content until I think I had enough and want closure or I come to the realization the optional content is not worth my time. ...Sometimes I burn out on the game before that happens (*cough* Xenoblade Chronicles *cough*) but I think I'm much better at this nowadays.

OP
OP

Deleted member 419

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey all! Just a reminder that the Essentials RPG voting period closes in three days - Get your ballots in if you haven't already.

I think it's interesting that when we think about the "balance" between optional and mandatory content, a lot of us seem to immediately spring towards assessing the quality of that content rather than the quantity. In other words, yea, it doesn't matter what that "balance" is as long as the optional content is good.

At the same time, though, if we had a hypothetical RPG where all of the optional and mandatory content was good - in other words, all killer no filler across the board - is there still some unspoken "sweet spot" for how much optional content there should be? If we think about striking a balance between mandatory and optional content, we can certainly say that that balance is irrelevant as long as all of the content is good - but, at the same time, we might also say that there's a point where even good optional content so overwhelms the main campaign that it starts to detract from the storytelling.

For example, look at Final Fantasy VII's endgame. A lot of people have joked over the years that Meteor is about to destroy the planet and yet Cloud can go Chocobo breeding, Weapon hunting, etc. with impunity. In storytelling terms, the characters are racing to save the world; in gameplay terms, there is possibly more optional content available than at any other point before in the game. Do we care that this optional content is now potentially straining our suspension of disbelief? Even if all of the optional content is good, there might still be an argument that there shouldn't be so much of it, as it detracts from the urgency that the central narrative is trying to convey.

One way to keep all of that content, but not have it potentially overwhelm the player and work against the narrative's flow, is to limit the amount of that optional content that the player can do. Set a timer or something, and the player then has to pick and choose what they can finish before they need to proceed with the main story. I actually love it when games do this, as it makes me feel like my decisions about what content to do are more meaningful. However I've found that a lot of people are very averse to feeling like they're either a) being pressured with time constraints, or b) having to pick and choose between what optional content to do, instead of being able to do it all.

MoonFrog

Oct 25, 2017
Always really liked the optional content in Chrono Trigger in particular. I liked the extra narrative content it added to the world layers as well as to the characters. Plus, it was a way to get really cool gear and connected the multiple world layers well. Didn't take long to do either.

Generally, I think, unless it is a "side-content kind of game" (:P), side-content should be like that. It should have impact (preferably both gameplay and narrative related) and not take too much time.

Some games though, are all about the side-content and continually doing smaller things in a big world.

Like Octopath right now. Playing through with my second four now and enjoying doing all the little quests and extra dungeons to make up for not gaining levels just reaching the towns so much. Still, I really appreciate the brevity of the individual quests in Octopath and, overall, the content seems quite manageable.

Ascheroth already brought up Xenoblade Chronicles, but yeah, that is probably my worst experience with side content pacing/balance.

There's also the epilogue approach to consider re: the Final Fantasy VII question. Dragon Quest sort of does that but it tends to time-warp to pre-final confrontation. Sort of wish it wouldn't do that sometimes, i.e. that I could just play in the world after the main quest and have the world be a bit different.

I like this approach because it doesn't get in the way of pacing wrt character growth and the final fight.

Oct 25, 2017
Crosscode and Pathfinder have gotten September release dates.

Steam Pre-orders Are Now Live!
JULY 20 - OWLCATBK
1.jpg

YouTube™ Video: Pathfinder: Kingmaker Release Teaser
Views: 50
The critically acclaimed and highly anticipated cRPG Pathfinder: Kingmaker will be released digitally and in selected retail outlets on PC September 25, 2018.

Dear Pathfinders!

You can now pre-order Pathfinder: Kingmaker directly on Steam. Check out our store page to get a look at the pre-order editions and the various goodies and bonuses contained therein.

As you can see in the teaser above, there is now also an official release date: September 25. That's because we'd like to use some extra time to apply an additional layer of love and polish for the release version. It'll be worth the wait - we promise!

Hail to the Kings!
Owlcats
331af5fd70d62406000757d04fc71e030950e61c.png

CrossCode: About the Release, Gamescom and Discounts
JULY 20 - LACHSEN
Hello everyball!

We have a small update outside of our usual schedule for you!

About the Release
release-schedule-ended-300x184.png

Things are more or less fixed now.

That's why we're happy to announce:
CrossCode 1.0 will be released in September 2018!!

We'll have a bigger announcement with the exact release date around the beginning of August with all the bling and shing, but September is locked-in for sure!

OP
OP

Deleted member 419

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FieldofE Very nice. Between Pathfinder and Disco Elysium, I'll be having a good time on the CPRG side later this year.

(Actually between those and DQXI, I'll just be having a good time in general. Assuming I can find the actual time to play them, that is...)

I've had my eye on CrossCode for a while but never bought it. I suppose the official release is as good a time as any!

OP
OP

Deleted member 419

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have all three of the above mentioned games. Dragon Quest XI will probably take priority.
I thought it would for me too since, well, it's Dragon Quest, but I think I'm actually leaning towards prioritizing Disco Elysium. The thing about DQXI is that, as good as I expect it will be, at the end of the day it's a known entity. It's Dragon Quest.

Disco Elysium though? Very experimental, and I'm very excited to see how all its systems interlock and work in practice as opposed to on paper. So I may prioritize it due to sheer curiosity.

Another factor is I'm debating waiting on DQXI until the inevitable fan mod that replaces the MIDI music on PC.

Deleted member 6137

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Disco Elysium is 2019. Everything else will be dropped for that one. The premise has me very curious.

EDIT: I might also have read too fast. For me, September is Pathfinder, Dragon Quest XI and CrossCode. But DQ11 is the game I will play. I really hope that someone can mod the soundtrack. That's why I chose PC over PS4.

Deleted member 30681

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
About 8 hours into Final Fantasy 2 right now, and despite not being sure how to feel about the game early on, I'm starting to really enjoy it. Really enjoying where the story is heading and definitely like the characters as well.