Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
Looks like the Blue Sphere logo.

220px-Star_Ocean_Blue_Sphere_Game_Boy_Color_box_art.jpg

Cefalü

May 23, 2022
Didn't they make a ps4 version released only in Japan?
Maybe they will finally release it English?

Syne

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Feb 5, 2023
UK
DINNER DINNER DINNER 🙆‍♂️🙆‍♀️
Infinite deserves more respect. Lol, it was decent for what it was. I wouldn't mind seeing a 4K remaster.
Honestly, I'd love a port of Infinite Undiscovery but that's up to Microsoft.
I also want this. One of my favorite games from that gen.
Seeing the IU love warms my heart

Muras

Oct 28, 2017
Probably a good time to try the PSP remake of the first one before this comes out.
Speaking of SO, did 6 do well?

Was the best selling "new" game in it's release week in Japan, if counting sales across all platforms (Selling more than Bayonetta). I think I recall people saying back then that it was the first time a Star Ocean game charted as high as it did. People also liked to claim it was the worst selling game in the series too, but the sales only included physical copies. Fact of the matter is, Japan is likely highly skewed towards digital sales so we can probably assume actual sales were much higher and different. No matter how you slice it, it was 2nd or 3rd best selling game that week (Multiple SKU or single), so "lowest physical copies sold in the series" just doesn't mean much I think. Range of ownership of the game on Steam is 40-80k. Would be nice to know what it's total sales are today though (Bayonetta 3 broke 1 million world wide according to Nintendo).

I personally really enjoyed the game. Story was generally whatever (As it goes with Star Ocean games), but gameplay was still fun. And in a time where games are releasing left and right with bugs, I don't think I experienced a single one (I played on Steam). Performance wise it could've been better, but my PC is also 10 years old so... /shrug.

They need to release Star Ocean 1 and 2 remakes on Steam though. I have no idea why the first one is only on Switch and PS4. I think Star Ocean 6 showed there's still interest in the series and there's room to grow... They just need to stop making the games exclusive to specific platforms so the series can build more awareness.

THANKS

Prophet of Regret
Oct 22, 2018
Can't wait for the SO3 remaster. Crazy that this whole series takes place inside an MMO.

Dogui

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Remake or remaster? 🤔

Nah they're saving the emergency glass for the upcoming AAA remake of Infinite Undiscovery

#DinnerTime

I unironically love that game and would cry tears of joy if it ever happened

Would love a modern port of Infinite Undiscovery, as i never had the chance to play it back then.

No way it would be a remake though lol

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, bring it on. Even if it's just a simple port. Want to play this on modern hardware. Get it on Steam, SE

Ravage

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Can't wait for the SO3 remaster. Crazy that this whole series takes place inside an MMO.
You and me both.

I think I have clocked close to 1000+ hours for the game across my PS2 and PS4 playthroughs.

I still revisit it from time to time, one of the finest combat system ever made and definitely the best one from tri-Ace.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
You and me both.

I think I have clocked close to 1000+ hours for the game across my PS2 and PS4 playthroughs.

I still revisit it from time to time, one of the finest combat system ever made and definitely the best one from tri-Ace.
A modern port of the game with some tweaks would be great. I, for one, welcome our MMORPG overlords.

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing as there is a new Japanese logo, I'd assume this means this is a new version that goes beyond Second Evolution. First Departure R got new art, but I think the PS4 port of Second Evolution did not, so maybe they'll add that. I wonder what else they could be adding to differentiate from Second Evolution.

Ashes of Dreams

Fallen Guardian of Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
Oh interesting. So it's a whole new version of SO2 and not just the old port finally coming West.
Curious what they'll change or add.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Nah they're saving the emergency glass for the upcoming AAA remake of Infinite Undiscovery

#DinnerTime

I unironically love that game and would cry tears of joy if it ever happened

At Microsoft's next conference:

For many years our fans have been demanding for this company to release their AAA rpgs on our consoles. We heard the pleas and requests of Xbox fans and am pleased to announced that we have finally bridged our relationship with the studio that brought us the renowned rpg series, such as Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest. I present to you, the world premiere of an Xbox exclusive, Infinite Undiscovery : Rediscovery Remake Re-quel!

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
tbh I was under the impressions the previous release of SO2 got those changes already. But I guess the SO1 stuff was more elaborate.
iirc the PS4 version of Second Evolution was largely unchanged from the PSP version, while the new version of First Departure had new art and voice acting on top of everything FD already did in remaking SO1.

Oct 30, 2017
It was released on PS4 JP PSN all the way back in 2015 skipping the western stores…. Then they released the first one R and went silent with 2.

I won't believe it till I see an official announcement.

Oct 27, 2017
That would be awesome, so weird that every other Star Ocean is playable on modern systems except this one. I should go back and finish 3 at some point...

Ouroboros

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Don't make Rena look like a 12 year old. Don't make Rena look like a 12 year old. Don't make Rena look like a 12 year old. Don't make Rena look like a 12 year old.

Sieffre

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I'd rather see a proper remake using the Star Ocean Anamnesis assets, but this is probably just a port of the PSP game. I don't like the combat of the PS1/PSP version.

Bluesky

Banned
Jun 16, 2021
Nice, i never played star ocean 2, but know that it is considered one of the best games in the series. I did play The last hope and The devine force and enjoyed those games alot so i look forward to this one

JuicyPlayer

Feb 8, 2018
I really hope they fix that difficulty spike with the wise men. I got into a situation where I couldn't backtrack to level up and had to stop on the PS1 original.