• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jul 26, 2018
Not sure if this is posted here yet.... but the new Gigabyte AORUS Waterforce Waterblock for the 3080 (maybe 3090 too) is now in the website.

Really excited because I want to build my 1st watercool PC and I was very interested to see what Gigabyte has been up to since their 2000 waterforce cards look amazing for a RGB guy like me. This looks really nice. Hopefully I can get this next year even though I already have a 3080 FE atm.

Sometimes I wish ASUS would make their own waterblocks too. Would love too see what it would look like.

www.gigabyte.com

AORUS GeForce RTX™ 3080 XTREME WATERFORCE WB 10G (rev. 1.0) Key Features | Graphics Card - GIGABYTE Global

Discover AORUS premium graphics cards, ft. WINDFORCE cooling, RGB lighting, PCB protection, and VR friendly features for the best gaming and VR experience!

1.png

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
I have a few of the cards on auto-notify and Newegg but haven't gotten anything. It's set up to send emails but I'm wondering if the app does push notifications too.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Not sure if this is posted here yet.... but the new Gigabyte AORUS Waterforce Waterblock for the 3080 (maybe 3090 too) is now in the website.

Really excited because I want to build my 1st watercool PC and I was very interested to see what Gigabyte has been up to since their 2000 waterforce cards look amazing for a RGB guy like me. This looks really nice. Hopefully I can get this next year even though I already have a 3080 FE atm.

Sometimes I wish ASUS would make their own waterblocks too. Would love too see what it would look like.

www.gigabyte.com

AORUS GeForce RTX™ 3080 XTREME WATERFORCE WB 10G (rev. 1.0) Key Features | Graphics Card - GIGABYTE Global

Discover AORUS premium graphics cards, ft. WINDFORCE cooling, RGB lighting, PCB protection, and VR friendly features for the best gaming and VR experience!

1.png
Looks okay. I'm not a big fan of their block design here, but this is probably good quality. I really like the designs that show the water a bit more on the bottom side for side mounting visibility.

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017

www.gigabyte.com

1.png

Asus is making a a Strix AIO LC for AMD's 6800XT so they are kinda doing it.

Oct 28, 2017
Went into Microcenter today around 2:15 pm to return a flight stick. Noticed that the sign on the door only said that they were out of 3070s and 3080s. Figured I'd ask if they had any 3090s...

They had two EVGA Ultras at $1800 a pop. Picked up one for a friend who wanted that specific card. I am still holding out for a 3080.

So if you haven't found one out there yet...have hope.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Went into Microcenter today around 2:15 pm to return a flight stick. Noticed that the sign on the door only said that they were out of 3070s and 3080s. Figured I'd ask if they had any 3090s...

They had two EVGA Ultras at $1800 a pop. Picked up one for a friend who wanted that specific card. I am still holding out for a 3080.

So if you haven't found one out there yet...have hope.
I wish I had a friend like you.

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
best buy canada put some cards up around 4am. According to this bot there were 36 and I guess they lasted like 3 minutes. I grabbed one quick and was charged for it, so hoping I'm all set. It was a Ventus.

Says November 5th.

Thanks trailblazer league for keeping me up all night.

For other Canadians still trying, this discord server seemed to have the most pings (and it was 4 minutes earlier than the stockdrop one for this best buy drop)

Discord - A New Way to Chat with Friends & Communities

Discord is the easiest way to communicate over voice, video, and text. Chat, hang out, and stay close with your friends and communities.

GetDigitized

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Has anybody tried redeeming a watchdogs code on a 3070? I sold a code on ebay and the guy is claiming he's receiving cod (which is the new promotion) but I find that unlikely.

GetDigitized

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't recall where (maybe reddit) but I did see an instance recently that proclaimed the Watch Dogs code that came with a 3080 did not work with a 3070.
Well the person is claiming it works, but gives him the new cod instead (which is the new promotion) so I'm not sure what's going on since the code was for watchdogs. It's only £20 , but just want to make sure the guy is being genuine.

Oct 27, 2017
Well the person is claiming it works, but gives him the new cod instead (which is the new promotion) so I'm not sure what's going on since the code was for watchdogs.
Those codes are a bit weird to redeem (through the Geforce Experience thing or whatever) if I remember correctly so I could see it changing to another game if NVIDIA recently switched the promotion.

GetDigitized

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Those codes are a bit weird to redeem (through the Geforce Experience thing or whatever) if I remember correctly so I could see it changing to another game if NVIDIA recently switched the promotion.
Yeah I'm aware, I think the issue is exclusive to the 3070 (if the guy is telling the truth). The thing is I sold one a hour after and it was watchdogs (not sure what card it was redeemed on) and I don't see how Nvidia can legally change the game, at least in the EU/UK.

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
Well the person is claiming it works, but gives him the new cod instead (which is the new promotion) so I'm not sure what's going on since the code was for watchdogs. It's only £20 , but just want to make sure the guy is being genuine.

i hope my watch dog code turns into cod when i install my 3080 lol

Last edited:

Torian

Aug 16, 2019
My quest is completed at last. I just put the 3080 ftw3 ultra in my pc. I ordered it on Amazon.de on launch day...

Best of luck to anyone still searching.

UF_C

Oct 25, 2017
Where was this? I wish when people tell these stories they would mention the site.
I couldn't fit new egg and amazon in the haiku, sorry.

Last night it was amazon. Had the Strix in stock. It says add to cart but then nothing gets added. 5 straight minutes of F5, add to cart, cart is empty, then the card says out of stock. It's so fucking infuriating.

new egg's site just straight up goes down and then it says all stock is gone. Can't even add to cart. Stock goes up. Site goes down. Stock is gone.

Best Buy is similar to amazon. I actually have gotten a card or two into my cart but it's always gone before checkout.

I'm am really hating this launch.

Aug 30, 2020
new egg's site just straight up goes down and then it says all stock is gone. Can't even add to cart. Stock goes up. Site goes down. Stock is gone.

I suspect that newegg's cart system is terrible and they have lots of race conditions that cause hidden crashes on the back end.

Slow stock loading procedure says 'item in stock, show on the product listing'. Lots of people add to cart. One person successfully checks out. Now everyone with that item in the cart is causing crashing on their back end because their code is terrible. Most of their crashes on the front end are hidden.

Slowly their stock levels are updated on the listings. Eventually, after that, some process actually fixes the carts, or the cart databases slowly replicate the stock status.

Jokerman

May 16, 2020
Playing 'Little Hope' it is a great looking game, but I'm surprised the 3080 can't handle it maxed out at 4K. Having to lower the resolution to keep above 60fps. Just shows that even with these crazy powerful cards, you still need to compromise. Makes sense I guess for future-proofing titles, but still.

Deleted member 532

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
best buy canada put some cards up around 4am. According to this bot there were 36 and I guess they lasted like 3 minutes. I grabbed one quick and was charged for it, so hoping I'm all set. It was a Ventus.

Says November 5th.

Thanks trailblazer league for keeping me up all night.

For other Canadians still trying, this discord server seemed to have the most pings (and it was 4 minutes earlier than the stockdrop one for this best buy drop)

Discord - A New Way to Chat with Friends & Communities

Discord is the easiest way to communicate over voice, video, and text. Chat, hang out, and stay close with your friends and communities.
got my order in around 1:22 pst

same card

Dec 25, 2018
rtx 3070 is "getting it ready" now since this morning. let's hope it means it ships soon. In the meantime, it's been such a wild ride with all these cards.

bagomagik

Jan 8, 2019
So my 3070 showed up from BB with two packages, and in the smaller one were 2 Logitech G502 SE Hero Mice that I did not order or pay for lol not sure how that happened. I just got a new wireless Logitech G604 mouse from Amazon yesterday. Gonna give them to my brothers I guess.

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
got my order in around 1:22 pst

same card

Yea the cards either lasted a lot longer than I thought or there were a couple waves. I got the ping at 1:10 and ordered at 1:11

Seems like this was a considerable amount of stock for Canada.

What's the date on your arrival?

stersauce

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
san jose, ca
Finally got my Zotac 3080 and fired up Warzone and saw... no increase in framerate. My CPU really holding me back here. :(

Everything else has been smooth sailing, though!

Eblo

Oct 25, 2017
Amazon just charged me for my 3080 Ventus preorder from two months ago. Is this finally the end?

moatman

Feb 5, 2019
Finally got my Zotac 3080 and fired up Warzone and saw... no increase in framerate. My CPU really holding me back here. :(

Everything else has been smooth sailing, though!
The last time I upgraded my video card, I didn't get a framerate change until I uninstalled and reinstalled the nvidia drivers and restarted, though it's been a few years.