• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Nintendo Everything

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX0UyVgDQi4

Power through high-speed chases, sneak around as a baby-stack trench coat, and destroy buildings on TV as Reptar! Meet familiar faces including Angelica, Cynthia and Spike along the way, and take a trip down memory lane thanks to stunning hand-drawn animations reminiscent of the original TV classic or enjoy the adventure in a nostalgic 8-bit style. Take up the mantle and guide a band of infant heroes as they unleash mischief on the world!

Key Features

• Explore multiple levels featuring its own theme, secrets, and boss encounter from the Rugrats world
  • Hop, bop, and swap between babies, each with distinct abilities and mechanics
  • Toggle between 8bit and HD art featuring hand drawn animations to match the cartoon's style

Rugrats: Adventures in Gameland will be sold both physically and digitally. If you're at PAX East this weekend, the title will be playable for the first time.

Twister

Feb 11, 2019
That's sick! Hopefully we can get a Search for Reptar remake someday, that was my first video game

Desma

Oct 27, 2017
Will this game allow me to make chocolate pudding at 4am?

Jokes aside, the game looks really good. I'm impressed

Raxious

Oct 27, 2017
this looks amazing. I remember a rugrats game on I think the PS1 that I played the crap out of.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I like the idea but the game looks too simple and slow. It looks dull.

Royce

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
I don't have that much nostalgia for the series, only watched it very occasionally as a kid, but this game looks interesting. I hope the devs know their retro gaming history as well as this trailer would imply.

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
It looks pretty neat but I'm a little confused by the NES look considering how far removed rugrats was from that generation. It should be an SNES game at the oldest. I guess the nes look is easier to pull off.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
This the probably the most a game nailed the NES look and sound, cool stuff.

Like most Nick cartoons it's something you watched when it was on and didn't think much about afterward, I don't really have an attachment to them like the Disney Afternoons block for example.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
"NES inspired Rugrats game releasing in 2024" was not on my bingo card. It took me a few minutes to process the news.

Only Rugrats game I remember playing was the GBC one based on the movie. I also don't remember getting far because I was a kid.

Jun 22, 2021
Hope this does well and we can get a Search for Reptar, Royal Ransom, Studio tour and Rugrats in Paris remasters

VCFL

Jan 24, 2018
Holy crap, this actually looks good and I hate side scrolling games.

Now... I need them to re-release the PS1 game on PSN. There's a stage where it's raining and I need redemption from when I was a kid.

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
That HD mode would've blown minds back in the day with how it basically looks identical to the show :D
Bit odd how zoomed in HD mode seems to be comapred to 8bit mode though.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
jumanji-adventure.gif