dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so curious to see what they can develop. Can we get back to Winning Eleven/ Pro Evo greatness? This misery in this house when no one plays anything other than EAFC/FIFA together - the series has been absolute garbage for near on 15 years.

Great Martinez Jr.

▲ Legend ▲
Feb 2, 2021
Mexico
EA could definitely use the competition, although it seems like it would be a massive undertaking to go toe to toe against them just due to the licensing they do have. I'm definitely curious about what will result from this, assuming it turns out to be true.

NekoNeko

Coward
Oct 26, 2017
I don't believe it. The FIFA license doesn't actually give you anything. if 2K wanted to make a soccer game they always could have but the licensing (which isn't FIFA) is expensive and complicated.
it gives them the brand recognition.
people will try it and talk about it.
if it's good people will play it.
not impossible they thought about going to enter the Footy game for a long time and now having the FIFA name pushed them over the edge.

Clippy

Feb 11, 2022
What surprises me is that there's no real competition for pro club. The clubs scene isn't the biggest part of EA FC, but it's sizable and pretty hardcore. And best of all for any competitors, it doesn't involve any licenses. Most pro clubs player I know pay a $100 each year just to have access to clubs a week early.

But somehow I've yet to see anyone bother making a viable alternative. This is part of the reason why, despite the many complaints about it, I think EA has largely succeeded on merit. No one else is doing all it's doing.

Kaydigi

Apr 25, 2019
I thought we would received another version of College Hoops 2k by now , FIFA license is straight out of left field .

AmAsuT

"This guy are sick"
Jan 24, 2021
Another thing that may give strength to this rumor is 2K's recent approach to publishing games by trying different types/genres. They've started making WWE, they are bringing back TopSpin, they tried with Lego 2K Drive, and even made a superhero game in Midnight Suns. Most of them were flop saleswise and even NBA2K24 is not in a good place lagging behind 2K23 by 1 million units sold (lifespans aligned). New Bioshock has been announced for a long time now with nothing to show for it. Compared to all these at least football has a much higher ceiling revenuewise imo. If they can actually make it work it has the potential to become even bigger than NBA for them.

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
With PES dying, there is a market for a football game which has the rhythm and decision making of actual football, versus whatever PRIME-addled mess EAFC has become. Entirely unplayable at this stage.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
Seems this isn't true.

View: https://twitter.com/kurakasis/status/1757076739929285076

Edit: Screenshot as the tweet got deleted.

image.png

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Most important thing will be how many licenses they got. I've said it multiples times before and I'll keep saying it: the FIFA license is absolutely worthless in itself, you need the licenses to the various leagues, clubs and players. Nobody is gonna give a shit about 2K's game if it means having to play with Manchester Red vs Manchester Blue, or Madrid White vs Barcelona Yellow or some shit like that.

I also still suspect that if 2K (or some other publisher) manages to put together a package which actually manages to compete with EA, EA will just for example buy the exclusive licenses to the Premier League, its teams and players.

Oct 28, 2017
FC is a terrible fucking unenjoyable piece of shit and I'm not even talking about the FUT gambling shit.

The menus, the jank, the soulless bore of it all. How can soccer control like Red Dead Redemption 2?

Please make something fun and fast.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
FC is a terrible fucking unenjoyable piece of shit and I'm not even talking about the FUT gambling shit.

The menus, the jank, the soulless bore of it all. How can soccer control like Red Dead Redemption 2?

Please make something fun and fast.
Ea's gameplay has been utter garbage for years. I remember a FIFA being on PS+ a few years ago, the AI was such complete utter garbage that I un-installed the game after about an hour.

TheBee

Oct 18, 2023
Football games peaked with PES6.

They were better when they were simple to learn but hard to master.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
Oh shit, FIFA 2K is a legit competitor to EA Football Club (OG FIFA)

Gonna be interesting to see how people respond. I think many are too invested in FC gameplay to check out but 2K might shake all that up

AArouet

Dec 25, 2020
Well, it's about time Fifa got some real competition (sorry Konami, but you lost it years ago). I'm not sure of 2K is up for it and it's a big risk for them if they payed what Fifa was asking. Should be interesting to see how the game turns out and what this means for EA's game. But competition is always good.
Gameplay wise they were far better than EA…i'll never forgive what konami did to pes with this stupid efootball game. :(((

AArouet

Dec 25, 2020
NBA2K has the best pure gameplay of all the sport games out there—but they are just as bad with the micro transactions as EA is. But at this point, if I get the football version of what nba2k is, i'll live with it. I only play the PlayNow mode as it is, so it's not even that bad for me.

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
I'm all for more football games.

This'll be a tough sell though. Premier League, Bundesliga and I think La Liga are just some of the leagues that EA has locked up exclusively. So FIFA name or not, they'll have the same issue Konami did.

I don't think exclusive leagues should be allowed for competition reasons, but they are, so it'll be incredibly tough to compete with FIFA.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
KFC is the dumbest shit. Should to be Fifa 2K25 or whatever the call the NBA ones.

And I'm all for a new footy game, for the off chance that it might be good 🤞🏻🤞🏻 since EA football and PES are total garbage post PS2.

LAM09

Oct 25, 2017
With PES dying, there is a market for a football game which has the rhythm and decision making of actual football, versus whatever PRIME-addled mess EAFC has become. Entirely unplayable at this stage.
eFootball exists. If you're okay with mainly playing online, it's a decent game.

Megustaelmate

Sep 4, 2022
Good, anything is better than the crap EA makes that calls it a football game., hell, even f2p pes 2024 has much better gameplay.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
NBA2K has the best pure gameplay of all the sport games out there—but they are just as bad with the micro transactions as EA is. But at this point, if I get the football version of what nba2k is, i'll live with it. I only play the PlayNow mode as it is, so it's not even that bad for me.

They are worse than EA with the micro transaction. The single player be a pro player/manager has zero micro transactions in FIFA/EA FC. Meanwhile in 2K you're dripped fed coins to level up your character, unlock animations, buy clothing, use boosters, and bombarded with nonstop advertisement to buy the coins instead whether you're playing single player or multiplayer. 2K's shit is egregious in a way EA can't even compete.

Jubern

Oct 25, 2017
At this point I have a hard time seeing who would dare enter the fray and how.
Like others said licensing is very complicated and EA has shown time and again they were not afraid to be exclusive licencing for teams and leagues just to be a PITA of PES/WE.

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
The new tweet is almost definitely an April Fools joke. They knew what they were doing with FIFA KFC lmao.
If 2K are really making a FIFA game this year itll be called FIFA 2K25
The old tweet is from the same person and they've already clarified last month that it was referring to 2K Lego Soccer and not FIFA.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Oh shit, FIFA 2K is a legit competitor to EA Football Club (OG FIFA)

Gonna be interesting to see how people respond. I think many are too invested in FC gameplay to check out but 2K might shake all that up
Unfortunately 2K only will stand a chance if they can get the clubs, leagues and players licenses. FIFA just gives them the brand name and world cup license.