• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
all of this lines up with lore stuff that has been dropping as of late. Darkness vs light is a common recurring theme. I can see this as real.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
There are way WAY to many things people post on that stupid as hell 4chan site. So many unsubstantiated rumors and bullshit. I don't think anyone should make a topic for this unless there's some other source that corroborates it.

Oct 27, 2017
I legitimately don't see the problem.

Because taking a random word from the dictionary and adding 'The' in front is an incredibly boring way to name their species.

Compare it to the naming in Mass Effect for example and you've got krogan, turian, asari, quarian, salarian, and so on.

It's only a minor nitpick of course, but I find their naming conventions really lazy and forgettable.

Pat_DC

Oct 27, 2017
If fallen aligned with the city means we can have a fallen guardian then helllllllll yes!
Pretty sure in the fallen lore, before their collapse and becoming fallen they used to be able to channel the power of the traveller.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
12 player raids.

521340711761608721.png

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People just see chan and just think it's 8chan. People in the THQN thread said even visiting the link to 8chan gets you put on a watchlist.
before we know it Era is gonna boycott our good friend Jackie.
There are way WAY to many things people post on that stupid as hell 4chan site. So many unsubstantiated rumors and bullshit. I don't think anyone should make a topic for this unless there's some other source that corroborates it.
I mean the OP literally states that they have heard details in this 4chan post from various other sources but ok

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Lots of stuff legit leaks on 4chan, lots of hoaxes on 4chan too.
It's why you take most things with a grain of salt.

However when you have someone like OP who has heard things from this from other sources as well, I chalk it up in the believable category.

kyoP

Oct 26, 2017
Ah, I see the thread is following the usual loop when stuff is leaked on 4chan:

4chan leak happens months before reveal of info -> Posts ignoring leak and instead focusing on 4chan's quality as a website -> Posts calling leak info too wild or crazy, thus why it's on 4chan -> People believe it's probably fake because of this -> Leak turns out to be 90% real aside from name changes -> Era disregards and forgets it, then credits someone on twitter.

Came to post this, it's almost frustrating.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I don't doubt 4chan is shit, but I'm all for discussing potential leaks coming fr
If fallen aligned with the city means we can have a fallen guardian then helllllllll yes!
Pretty sure in the fallen lore, before their collapse and becoming fallen they used to be able to channel the power of the traveller.

The Fallen are essentially the obsessed ex-boyfriend.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
I mean not too many of those have been fake. There's been a lot of large leaks on there. Pretty sure the entirety of FFXV got leaked on there.

Turbo Tu-Tone

Oct 27, 2017
Once again, nice job and get fucked, 4Chan.

Please, please, PLEASE add context sensitive attacks to the game. I want to suplex enemies as a Titan, Raiden the shit out of enemies as an Arc Lock, and shank heathens as a Hunter. Add context sensitive attacks to Exotic gear, too. Saint-14 was able to headbutt fools with his helm, so why can't I?

arimanius

Oct 27, 2017
Meh. Nothing really tickled my fancy but I hope Bungie can make Destiny into the game it has the potential to be.

Oct 27, 2017
It all sounds nice but so did Destiny 2 at the beginning. After Division 2 I won't accept their convoluted endless busywork systems anymore.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
C'mon. I wish there were games half as good as Destiny at it's best.

Well, to be fair it only seems to be at its best for a very brief window outside of which all people do is b*tch and complain about it. I guess the cycle will begin again whenever this new one comes out.

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
Official Staff Communication
As a heads up, while we reached out to the OP regrading his claims, he has been unable to prove that he is in a position to know this information. Therefore, we're advising users to treat this as you would any other rumor/speculation.

Additionally, the OP is now saying that the leak is fake, so we're locking this thread per their request.

Status
Not open for further replies.