• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rochellepaws

Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
3558509-switch-lite-01.jpg

My831f7h.jpg
The Switch looks so basic in comparison, it's as if the top image is the prototype and bottom the finished product.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Update: The indie game publisher Ratalaika Games has responded to Jack of All Controllers stating that on their end for both the North American and European fronts, they aren't seeing anything in terms of a cut-off date.

Yeah....we really shouldn't use the awful "jackofallcontrollers" site, made by the awful AlphaFoxWarfare, as a source for anything.
And there we have it. The Vita's busiest publisher right now are saying it's false. They will keep churning out easy platinum trophies till the end of time.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
I certainly prefer the Switch Lite over the Aqua Blue Vita (hate the combination with the dark sticks and border, wish it was entirely blue or had a silver accent), but the black Vita 1000 is just hot af. In terms of ergonomics and design still the best handheld.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
"Fisher Price" is like the epitome of lazy console war rhetoric. At the very least y'all need some new material.

Real talk: You can prefer Vita's aesthetic design and you don't have to pretend to be happy about Nintendo online offerings(or lack thereof) but if you're a fan of Vita's brand of "console games on the go" experience you're doing yourself a massive disservice thumbing your nose at the Switch(especially the Switch Lite).

From a hardware/performance standpoint the Switch is a generational leap over the Vita and boasts the two extra shoulder buttons Vita was missing(whilst de-emphasizing touch). From a software standpoint there's a massive overlap when you look at stuff like Musou, Atelier, Final Fantasy and God Eater on Switch now.

No, it's not quite Vita 2 but it's the closest thing you're going to get.(and is like 90% of the way there...)

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
When you put them side to side, the Vita looks like the actual finished product while the Switch lite looks like the prototype you'd show to the team. The Switch lite is so dull-looking.
"Fisher Price" is like the epitome of lazy console war rhetoric. At the very least y'all need some new material.

Real talk: You can prefer Vita's aesthetic design and you don't have to pretend to be happy about Nintendo online offerings(or lack thereof) but if you're a fan of Vita's brand of "console games on the go" experience you're doing yourself a massive disservice thumbing your nose at the Switch(especially the Switch Lite).

From a hardware/performance standpoint the Switch is a generational leap over the Vita and boasts the two extra shoulder buttons Vita was missing(whilst de-emphasizing touch). From a software standpoint there's a massive overlap when you look at stuff like Musou, Atelier, Final Fantasy and God Eater on Switch now.

No, it's not quite Vita 2 but it's the closest thing you're going to get.(and is like 90% of the way there...)
Well, someone's mad. People are talking about the looks, we all know what both consoles pack in terms of software and OS, you're in a gaming-oriented forum. Relax.

SpotAnime

Dec 11, 2017
As long as they continue to support the store for downloads for years to come. It would be a shame if I wouldn't have access to my digital library.

Not saying that they would, as PSP is still supported (at least through a PS3).

Actually, now that I'm thinking it, my biggest ask for the PS5 is that it supports PSP and PS Vita transfers.

Deleted member 25870

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Makes me wonder how much longer online support will continue. Damn I need a Freedom Wars port to a more relevant platform.

Lua

Aug 9, 2018
Really sad,but i do not regret not buying it to be honest. Is not my fault storage on this system costed so much, or that they didnt support the system. It was a good piece of hardware, but that is the means, not the reason, by which im on this hobby.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it's certainly no WiiU.

The gamepad is really comfortable to hold(with it's bigger buttons and grips) but thank god they're going for matte finishes nowadays.

Makes me wonder how much longer online support will continue. Damn I need a Freedom Wars port to a more relevant platform.

Genuinely surprised they never did a PS4 version(whether port or sequel), the game was a decent hit in Japan.

RadicalR

Oct 27, 2017
Guys, looks like it's a false alarm. Two of the Vita Devs has come back and said they haven't seen anything.

(The other one is Ratalaika Games)

Eggman

Banned
Apr 16, 2018
Can we stop linking this site? All they do is make clickbait articles with false information.

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
You were a good console Vita, I'm sorry your own parent is murdering you like this. Don't worry the Switch will carry on your legacy.

Rest easy.

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
The Switch looks so basic in comparison, it's as if the top image is the prototype and bottom the finished product.
Clearly they didn't feel the need to add flair to the switch lite, to make you think you're actually playing a high quality device. They could of thrown some lights, clear buttons to give you the impression you are playing some high quality, high budget device but what for? :)

maouvin

Oct 25, 2017
Blumenau - Brazil
SOA Fatal Bullet uses a few assets and some of the gameplay is similar. I wouldn't be surprised if it was originally a FW port.

Maybe, but if so a lot got scrapped to make it fit in how GGO gameplay is depicted in the series.

I mean, apart from using guns and having the grapple hook for repositioning (which is just one of the uses in FW), they play very differently.

I enjoyed FB (still have a DLC to clear), but we need a proper new release of FW.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
This doesn't seem to be an accurate story based on reports from other devs.

Status
Not open for further replies.