• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Angie

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Where the FUCK is FFVIII?!

1-FFVIII_16384.jpg
In the past, as it should be

auron-2-850x480.jpg

Ashes of Dreams

Fallen Guardian of Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
I want XI Offline most tbh.
That'd basically be like what it plays like now. Speed through the game with boosted exp and NPC party members. The story isn't the focus on XI so it's kind of boring if you ask me. I'd rather have XI Classic Servers or a full XI Online Remake.

Hopefully also remake FF13 one day and make it actually good.
And there it is, Lightning's Law strikes again.
13 ruled, sorry you couldn't appreciate it. :)

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
I'm iffy on FFX; for me it's when the cracks started showing, but I'd play a remake.

Feb 16, 2022
I don't know if we need to be attacking an insider with a pretty great record and potentially scaring them off. This seems to happen a lot on this site and it kind of sucks.
The simplest solution is to let mods vet the insider's credentials--which I remember the insider had offered to do before, but as far as I recall they said no mods ever reached out to them to verify anything.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Square Enix and Sega must really love this guy's marketing firm if he's privy to a double digit count of years off projects from both Square Enix and Sega, including films now apparently! Has insights into how FF7R Part 3's production is progressing too; I guess they just rattle that off to anyone these days.

Funny how back in April the Persona 3 and Jet Set Radio footage was fake, and yet while the numbers were clearly early, the health bar in said footage is identical to the trailer that leaked today. Isn't this info supposed to be coming from marketing? Claiming to have seen trailers?

Screenshot_20230609-032901_ReVanced_Extended.jpg
Screenshot_20230609-032827_ReVanced_Extended.jpg

There's flying too close to the sun, and there's making a beeline directly towards it. I can only suspend my disbelief so far when one person claims to have first hand knowledge of at least seven Final Fantasy projects and about as many games from Sega / Atlus. If such a position were to exist, anyone sharing this stuff as frequently as this guy would be easily identifiable and long fired.

Yeah this post should be quoted more. I'm going to express doubt. There's no way they are remaking FFX unless it's secretly X-3 which Kitase said he would like to do after Remake. I seriously doubt there is a FFX remake especially when IX hasn't even been revealed yet.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
Sure and I can speak to them in private as well if they like

I don't mind stopping the sharing of info, no weight off my back. Not worth the animosity. I can just share in private from now on like I used to.
Hey dude. I appreciate you telling us about all those games coming out however leaking story spoilers is kind of too much. Let people have their fun! People are going to see it and it's going to be all over the internet.

icecream

Oct 27, 2017
There's flying too close to the sun, and there's making a beeline directly towards it. I can only suspend my disbelief so far when one person claims to have first hand knowledge of at least seven Final Fantasy projects and about as many games from Sega / Atlus. If such a position were to exist, anyone sharing this stuff as frequently as this guy would be easily identifiable and long fired.
So what exactly are you trying to say?

belairjeff

J->E Localization
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
why make new games when we can just remake the games we already made?
we will make a lot of money because nostalgia sells, and there is less risk when designing a game that already has a blueprint!

It's a WIN WIN!

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
The simplest solution is to let mods vet the insider's credentials--which I remember the insider had offered to do before, but as far as I recall they said no mods ever reached out to them to verify anything.

Well sure, I don't know what happens on the moderator side of things, but I Am a Hero has gotten a lot of stuff correct. We shouldn't need mods to tell us whether to trust a person when their history shows that to some extent they should be. Like all insiders, everything should be taken with a grain of salt to some degree, but we should also be able to think for ourselves and be mature about it. Not having a go at you of course, just sharing my view.

oty

Feb 28, 2023
we will make a lot of money because nostalgia sells, and there is less risk when designing a game that already has a blueprint!

It's a WIN WIN!
....they're realising a new game in less than 2 weeks, and their VIIR trilogy is criticised by many for being too different. c'mon now

Dinjooh

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Played through it myself yearly since it came out so I would probably be the last to say this needed a remake, but this past month I've played through it with my partner experiencing it for the first time and... The combination of the already bad lip syncing, super weird character movements and with the added absolute botched face of Tidus ... They really don't hold up to people seeing it for the first time.

I'm hoping they just go crazy with the game and don't try to recreate it as it was.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018

It's a WIN WIN!
Weird argument when their next new game is coming out in 2 weeks. You can do both. Capcom alternates between Remakes and new releases for RE too.

aloner

Jun 30, 2021
Australia
have no doubt X-3 or XVII crossover as sequel to X and VII is on the way after Remake trilogy so makes sense they would remake the super popular X

Rikster

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Jun 24, 2018
California
This makes way more sense to remake than 9. But aye ill take both. Just played through 10 for the first time this year and enjoyed it. Tidus is both terrible and great lol.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
If it's a single game then it could be great! They definitely don't need multiple parts for FFX.

belairjeff

J->E Localization
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Weird argument when their next new game is coming out in 2 weeks. You can do both. Capcom alternates between Remakes and new releases for RE too.

Between the rumors of remaking 9, 10, and Tactics -- there's a difference between alternating between new games and remakes, and making 2/3 remakes for every new game.
But hey, I like remakes too, but I think there's a balance here that has to be hit. It can get easy for companies to play it safe with remakes. Just look at Disney.

Last edited:

oty

Feb 28, 2023
Between the rumors of remaking 9, 10, and Tactics -- there's a difference between alternating between new games and remakes, and making 2/3 remakes for every new game.
capcom released 3 resident evil remakes and 1 new resident evil in the span of 4 years. resident evil is arguably at it's strongest point in history

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
I am absolutely not joking when I say the next remake I want is FF7 again.

If IX is a remakester like I imagine it will be, that's also what I'd love to see for VII. And with VII Remake being a semi sequel to the original, being able to play a polished version of the original would be great.

DGS

Nov 2, 2017
Tyrol
Final Fantasy X is the best of both worlds. I really like it... it's actually my favorite Final Fantasy.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017

It's a WIN WIN!
Wat. Of all the things to bitch about SE, not releasing new games really isn't one of them, see: FFXVI coming out in two weeks and the shitload of games they released last year. Can't really blame them for pulling a Capcom and remaking some of their most popular titles, especially when a lot of them are outsourced anyway (which they even tried for FFVIIR before bringing it back in-house).

Anyway, makes sense to me. I think a FFVIII remake would require a similar amount of work as FFVIIR and maybe even multiple games, so it's probably hard to justify until that trilogy is done. But a FFX remake could follow the same framework as the original and expand upon it.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017

If IX is a remakester like I imagine it will be, that's also what I'd love to see for VII. And with VII Remake being a semi sequel to the original, being able to play a polished version of the original would be great.
That's basically what they're doing with the mobile game, which I'm sure will be ported to consoles once it's done.

HA HA HA HA.

No seriously. X is the least of their worries.

Where's a remake of VIII? VI? IX?
IX remake is already heavily rumoured. VI and VIII would require way more work than X.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium

Just play Ever Crisis then? It's the closest thing to a 100% ffvii remake lol

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
That's basically what they're doing with the mobile game, which I'm sure will be ported to consoles once it's done.

Just play Ever Crisis then? It's the closest thing to a 100% ffvii remake lol
I'm excited for Ever Crisis because its basically an expanded Before Crisis. But it is in no way going to be a remake of the original game beyond following the same story. If you're expecting exploration and the world map, character growth in the same way, then you're going to be really disappointed. It's a gacha game that recreates the story scenes of the original game plus the compilation.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why? Just to experience how incompetent Yuna is? How much of a selfish dick Tidus is? How poorly written their romance is? Game plays well enough and you can do all of this in the HD version.

Kline

AVALANCHE
Sep 15, 2022
Blitzball is the best minigame ever and I'm absolutely ready to lose myself in a modern, updated version of it.

That'd basically be like what it plays like now. Speed through the game with boosted exp and NPC party members. The story isn't the focus on XI so it's kind of boring if you ask me. I'd rather have XI Classic Servers or a full XI Online Remake.

Hard disagree, IMO it contains the best story in the franchise.

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I don't see how the quoted posts in the OP points towards a remake? They even respond to someone asking about X-3 lol.

Anyway, wake me up when VIII is getting a remake.