Feb 16, 2022

seroun

Banned
Oct 25, 2018
Nice, do we have any idea of the scope of the remake, in the mold of FFVII Remake or the rumoured FFIX? Either way there day 0 for both.

No one knows for now.

I think it will be easier to predict when FFIX remake is known to everyone and we got the first few trailers. I am not sure they'll go the "shifting timelines" (to explain it in some way) for every single game, but who knows.

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
Oh, alright then. Meh that's not as exciting but I guess I'll give it a try at some point.
Well bear in mind: why might they be doing a remake of X? What does team VIIR work on after part 3 wraps in a few years time. What game has frequently come up in interviews about projects they'd like to do in the future.

An FFX remake (a relatively faithful one like FFIX is looking to be) to lay the groundwork for FFX-3 is entirely possible. It's basically what's happened with Metroid Prime.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
Why? Just to experience how incompetent Yuna is? How much of a selfish dick Tidus is? How poorly written their romance is? Game plays well enough and you can do all of this in the HD version.
It's almost if Tidus and Yuna are still children.

I also don't agree Tidus is selfish. Kid grew up with a terrible father, gets stuck in a completely different world and ends up sacrificing everything.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
An FFX remake (a relatively faithful one like FFIX is looking to be) to lay the groundwork for FFX-3 is entirely possible. It's basically what's happened with Metroid Prime.

I'd be curious how they handle the X-2 factor in that scenario. It'd be a bit awkward to jump to X-3 for a lot of newcomers 25+ years later but X-2 is very niche for a reason…..

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
I'd be curious how they handle the X-2 factor in that scenario. It'd be a bit awkward to jump to X-3 for a lot of newcomers 25+ years later but X-2 is very niche for a reason…..
Yeah me too. They could call FFX-3 Final Fantasy X Returns or something without the '3' in and just frame the story more as a sequel to FFX.

Or else they could remake FFX, then X-2, then do X-3. Which would be a lot if these were AAA mainline FFVII style reimaginings but I doubt that. I think these will be much more faithful.

EDIT: or maybe this is all bullshit

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's almost if Tidus and Yuna are still children.

I also don't agree Tidus is selfish. Kid grew up with a terrible father, gets stuck in a completely different world and ends up sacrificing everything.
Lol still children isn't a valid excuse that applies to JRPGs. Auron should have slapped Yuna upside the head several times for all the chances she has to send Seymour away and doesn't for some contrived reason.

He keeps harping on that it's his story, when at that moment it's really Yuna's story he's accompanying her journey. We as the player have a broader perspective but nah he keeps going on and on about himself. Dude is like a jock version of Zidane with none of the charm or charisma.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Thank you, thank you, what can I say, we just have the best opinions hehe

His character doesn't make sense without his arc to learn how similar he is to the albhed. I don't want them to change anything regarding the character arcs, specially Wakka and Auron or Seymour.

Oh no I dont want changes either. I am just curious how SE views this because he is really unhinged.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
Yeah me too. They could call FFX-3 Final Fantasy X Returns or something without the '3' in and just frame the story more as a sequel to FFX.

Or else they could remake FFX, then X-2, then do X-3. Which would be a lot if these were AAA mainline FFVII style reimaginings but I doubt that. I think these will be much more faithful.

EDIT: or maybe this is all bullshit
I wouldn't mind a X3 as long as it ignores that horrible book

JJ!

Dec 18, 2017
I'm getting so tired of remakes. Maybe it is just me, though?

I'd rather see this effort goes towards... new games. Or at least games that could really benefit from a remake. Neither X or IX needed remakes.

If any games needed remakes it would be I-VI. I would have loved to see them remade in 2D-HD with all of the bonus content that was added in later releases and with their updated translations. But instead we got those Pixel Remasters... ugh.
Oh yea i agree with u on that, i feel like I-VI need remakes WAYYYY more than 10. 10 should be further down the line but i GET why they would cause its very popular. And YEAAA I get you on the remake fatigue, i feel like 7 remake kinda sucks out the air of the room for any other remake, because people were clamoring for years on it and it has ultra hype surrounding it

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
That's cool. You'll know I'll be there. I do wonder what will happen with the battle system (FFX kind of perfected snappy turn based, it took until P5 to even come close) and if they want X-3 which this game would be a base for, they kind of need to get X-2 in there somehow. But X is a fantastic game, it deserves all the love in the world, and the original is still super playable so if they make any big changes you don't like... it's right there.

Re: VIII Remake it's probably the hardest game in the series to remake. It's the same scale as VII, and the game lends itself to super realistic high fidelity graphics far more than IX. X has a linear base they can follow but VIII? It's very popular but it isn't on par with VII and X so I'm not sure how they do it without being massively expensive or massively compromised. I guess we'll get an idea from the remakes beforehand.

CopyCatGirl

Jun 30, 2022
Oh I did not expect that at all. Especially with the remastered already being done.
I hope it's true. X is my favorite in the series.

seroun

Banned
Oct 25, 2018
Oh no I dont want changes either. I am just curious how SE views this because he is really unhinged.

I'd like an option to hit him with a blitzball. It has those weird shapes on it so I'm pretty sure it should hurt.

And for me: As long as they ignore *THAT*, I don't mind X-3, I don't mind FFX retellings, etc. JUST. IGNORE. *THAT*.

Oct 27, 2017
When is XII Remake? Or XIII Remake?

At this point this is a non news to me, we are so far away from the rumored release date maybe in 2026 remakes won't be as frequent as they are now.

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Well bear in mind: why might they be doing a remake of X? What does team VIIR work on after part 3 wraps in a few years time. What game has frequently come up in interviews about projects they'd like to do in the future.

Sure, I'm just not that hot on X in general lol. So a sequel would provably have been more interesting at least. But you're right, they might get there at some point.

Darkmark1987

One Winged Slayer Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 26, 2017
That's cool. You'll know I'll be there. I do wonder what will happen with the battle system (FFX kind of perfected snappy turn based, it took until P5 to even come close) and if they want X-3 which this game would be a base for, they kind of need to get X-2 in there somehow. But X is a fantastic game, it deserves all the love in the world, and the original is still super playable so if they make any big changes you don't like... it's right there.

Re: VIII Remake it's probably the hardest game in the series to remake. It's the same scale as VII, and the game lends itself to super realistic high fidelity graphics far more than IX. X has a linear base they can follow but VIII? It's very popular but it isn't on par with VII and X so I'm not sure how they do it without being massively expensive or massively compromised. I guess we'll get an idea from the remakes beforehand.

Agree with your point regarding 8. it feels like it needs a proper full remake ala 7, whereas 9s main draw is the style used for the game, which leads to a more straightforward remake. they'd also need to do away or fix the draw mechanic, so even its systems need an overhaul. im sure it'll get a turn eventually.

im more suprised that the ff13 trilogy hasnt been touched at all. it just needs (from my completely laymen pov) a lick of paint. no need to fix anything, release as a trilogy set, ala KH collections.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
8 deserves a remake more, just because it's story and characters is underwhelming compared to any ps1a nd ps2 entry and a remake like like 7 can only improve it.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
im more suprised that the ff13 trilogy hasnt been touched at all. it just needs (from my completely laymen pov) a lick of paint. no need to fix anything, release as a trilogy set, ala KH collections.
4k/60 port of trilogy XIII on PS4/5, 1080/30 with compressed videos on Switch (2), maybe some slightly improved textures and a slightly cleaner UI and done. Xbox and PC still have it available so I'm not sure they need it but SE loves to sell a new release. Not my favorite entries in the series or even close, but they are good enough to justify a collection and the visuals + gameplay aged well. Maybe next year for the 15 year anniversary or something.

DisturbedSwan

Oct 25, 2017
Hampshire, UK.
Wow this would be absolutely amazing! I only played FFX HD a couple of years ago on PS4 and thought it was absolutely phenomenal, loved all the characters, loved Blitzball, loved all the emotional moments with Yuna and the journey around Spira. Just pretty much everything about it, the combat system was perfect as well.

OP
OP
Angie

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Blitzball still the best minigame of any game ever.

If you disagree, you just have to accept that you have you just wrong

Syne

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Feb 5, 2023
UK
Blitzball still the best minigame of any game ever.

If you disagree, you just have to accept that you have you just wrong
giphy.gif

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think it needs one, but I'll take it. FFX was peak classic turn battles, I wonder if a remake will keep that or go the action route like VII. In any case I hope they keep my favourite feature from the game, the ability to control summons as your own characters.

Qark-Voss

Apr 22, 2022
Because doing a Final Fantasy VI remake is too difficult, I imagine...

But I would love SO SO MUCH to have a modern version of it T__T

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
Lol why have they edited their posts? They've already been quoted plenty of times.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Remember when Square said it would be too expensive to remake FFVII and it would take too long? Good thing they changed their opinion.