• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vertpin

Oct 27, 2017
According to Craig Fairbrass's twitter description, Modern Warfare 4 is in development. He played Gaz and Ghost in MW and MW2.

https://twitter.com/craigfairbrass

screenshot2018-03-21ae1sd8.png

Given the developers all have a three year cycle now, this would make sense if MW4/IW's new game was already having small bits of information leaked..

What could we expect? Boots on the ground? Gritty/non colorful art style? Non-pick 10 system? Balanced gameplay?

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
This would be holiday 2019, right? Do voice actors typically record this early?

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Going to take it with a grain of salt. Hell, I remember the years after MW3 that we kept getting MW4 rumors.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope it's not and that they continue Infinite Warfare. Game left the world with enough of a lead to continue the story and it would be cool to see the MP not needing to use Black Ops III as their template and allow them to do their own thing.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
Well, Activision did say that the next three games would be crowd pleasers in popular settings/brands, so "World War II", "Black Ops 4", and "Modern Warfare 4" would fit the bill.

thejpfin

Oct 26, 2017
Finland
MW4 would sell a lot more than Infinite Warfare 2 or Ghosts 2, so it makes sense. Also CoD is no longer top dog in the shooter genre, they have to do something to get old CoD fans back.

freakybj

Oct 26, 2017
At this point I don't care about the Call of Duty series until they significantly revamp their multiplayer. I used to buy them at launch starting with Modern Warfare 1, but now I don't buy until I see a sale at $20 which seems the right price point for just playing the campaign and uninstalling afterwards.

Jan 4, 2018
I want Modern Warfare 4 so much. Enough of this futuristic idiocy. Russia vs United States, 'Just like old times'.

Plankton2

Dec 12, 2017
MW is the best Cod has to offer so hopefully they live up to the name. (Yea 3 wasn't that good, but still better than some of the recent stuff)

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
screw black ops 4 then (jk), it will still be amazing. I hope MW4 is real, and it's a lot like MW2/3 (ffs give us back the game-ending nuke!), no pick 10, no divisions, no score streaks, etc

Chris.

Oct 27, 2017
Not surprising, MW name still holds a lot of weight. I'm guessing the MW2 Remaster will come with this aswell. Ghosts name is tainted, and IW is also just less so... MW is the only one they've really had luck with so it makes sense to go back to that.

Not sure I trust modern IW to make it good tho, MW3 was bad and their output since then has been disasterous

screw black ops 4 then (jk), it will still be amazing. I hope MW4 is real, and it's a lot like MW2/3 (ffs give us back the game-ending nuke!), no pick 10, no divisions, no score streaks, etc
This isn't happening. Zero chance of a game ending nuke.

Score Streaks are good tho, why would you be against rewarding people playing the objective? Pick 10 is debatable but I like it.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I mean, it would at least make the lack of MW2 Multiplayer in the remaster make some sense...

Oh, wait. No it wouldn't.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The first thing they need to do with MW4 is to ditch the stupid as hell plot they built up with MW2 and MW3.

Keep it semi-grounded like the first entry.