• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean MW3 already ended that storyline so...
Yeah, but then they'd have to carry the baggage of it nonetheless which will affect the story and campaign setup.

Just reboot the thing and deal with some more relevant contemporary issues and settings. And yes, I realize that I am wanting this for a mindless Call of Duty campaign of all things.

OP
OP
Vertpin

Vertpin

Oct 27, 2017
Prices voice actor back in 2014 said they were making MW4 for November. So not always true.
Probably got scrapped in favor of something different. At the time, I could see Activision wanting something "not MW" related. Now, I can see them desperately wanting MW everything and BlOps everything lol.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Which in its own way confirms that Ghost is alive, or that the game is a MW2 prequel.

Uh... not necessarily.

He plays different characters in each MW game.

I think MW4 would be the least surprising COD game in recent memory. Ghosts was a successful disaster. IW was just a disaster.

New Fang

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd be pleased if this were true. I think this could be a good cycle for the COD games to be on. Black Ops is the crazy future COD. Modern Warfare is the current day game. WW2 is the WW2 game.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Uh... not necessarily.

He plays different characters in each MW game.

I think MW4 would be the least surprising COD game in recent memory. Ghosts was a successful disaster. IW was just a disaster.

Yup IW was a disaster. Had the best campaign in the series in a long time and arguably the best zombies. Such a disaster they should be ashamed of themselves!!

Oct 27, 2017
RIP Infinite Warfare...

Man I really wanted IW2.

Man that sucks if true, really thought Infinite Warfare' SP was fantastic and had a setting that could have been used for both prequels / sequels (or mixes of the two). Tbh if it's just another MW I don't think I'd be that interested (unless Bloom and the former Naughty Dog staff are still involved in writing and they want to significantly change up MW's tone / narrative?)

Last edited:

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I mean MW3 already ended that storyline so...

Not really.

Price is still alive. Nikolai is still alive. Frost is still alive. We assume that the rest of Delta is dead, but who knows.

They don't need to continue the ultra nationalist story, but they still have plenty of characters to work with. Wouldn't surprise me if the Ghost/Gaz and Soap actors came back to play some other roles.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ties up nicely of the 10th anniversary of MW2 and I bet that's when we get a remastered MP too.

Will buy

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Sales disaster and it's considered the worst multiplayer in the entire series.

Ghosts had worse MP and IW has great dev support after release with the best weapon balance in the series on top of a good season pass. Most who say it had the worst MP either never bothered to give it a chance or didnt bother to keep up with the game. Seriously IW was great to the community.

Fart Master

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
A dumpster
Not really.

Price is still alive. Nikolai is still alive. Frost is still alive. We assume that the rest of Delta is dead, but who knows.

They don't need to continue the ultra nationalist story, but they still have plenty of characters to work with. Wouldn't surprise me if the Ghost/Gaz and Soap actors came back to play some other roles.
it'd be lame as fuck if they just came back, I'd rather get new characters and just references to a post WW3 world.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Man that sucks if true, really thought Infinite Warfare' SP was fantastic and had a setting that could have been used for both pprequels / sequels (or mixes of the two). Tbh if it's just another MW I don't think I'd be that interested tbh (unless Bloom and the former Nughty Dog staff are still involved in writing and they want to significantly change up MW's tone / narrative?)

I feel the same, if they keep the staff it's ok, they'll probably do a good job so I'll see how it goes.

Edit: However it sucks that these games seems to be decided on a desk.

osnameless

Jan 13, 2018
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 4

At first, I thought, why the hell they are doing another remaster!?

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Which in its own way confirms that Ghost is alive, or that the game is a MW2 prequel.
He's voiced different people in each game, so it means about as much for Gaz and Walcroft as it does Ghost.
Ghosts had worse MP and IW has great dev support after release with the best weapon balance in the series on top of a good season pass. Most who say it had the worst MP either never bothered to give it a chance or didnt bother to keep up with the game. Seriously IW was great to the community.
I actually picked up the legacy edition on the cheap the other day because I chose to skip CoD that year after playing the beta and not wanting to buy a game I didn't want (IW) to play a game I did (MWR). I have to say, I'm having a lot more fun with IW's multiplayer than I am with MWR's. I didn't think that would end up being the case, and it kind of makes me regret not getting it at launch.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I actually picked up the legacy edition on the cheap the other day because I chose to skip CoD that year after playing the beta and not wanting to buy a game I didn't want (IW) to play a game I did (MWR). I have to say, I'm having a lot more fun with IW's multiplayer than I am with MWR's. I didn't think that would end up being the case, and it kind of makes me regret not getting it at launch.

IW MP has issues no doubt at launch. Well documented stuff, but Infinity Ward buckled down and actually went to solve the issues and work with the community.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
What they should do if this is true is make the main character the ancestor to Nick Reyes from IW and get Brian Bloom to do the voice work again lol.

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017