• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know why Nintendo would bother releasing demos for games that are flying off the shelves already.

Saying that, I spent 200 hours on BotW on Wii U and I'm giddy about the potential of experiencing a fraction of that same game on Switch.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Huh, that's cool.

I mean obviously these games have sold gangbusters already, but you never know.

Deleted member 7450

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Who buys a switch without the intention of buying the next Zelda or Mario Kart. Zelda I can understand, it's a reboot and plays differently so a demo helps.

Everyone knows what Mario Kart is and how it plays.
Brazil here, games&consoles are expensive.

If I had a switch right now, having a demo to play around while I'm working my ass for money to buy the full thing helps.

Deleted member 12555

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really don't need to try Mario kart for myself and feel compelled to buy it. I really don't fucking need that right now.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This is a good idea, especially for new Switch people picking one up this Fall going through the Holiday.

OP
OP
mocolostrocolos

mocolostrocolos

Attempting to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Okay, have video proof. This is a true Demo.

It has 2 game modes: Grand Prix and Battle mode. No option mode.

In GP you race in Big Blue 100CC and the autodrive is on, you can't change it. You can play with up to 4 players.

Recording is blocked.

Nov 12, 2017
That's cool but who hasn't bought these games yet or isn't getting a Switch to get these games?
I sold Breath of the Wild. I recognize its a good game, but I just can't play this series anymore as long as they insist on making Link male and only male. Which is a shame, because it is a fun sandbox with good gameplay.

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I sold Breath of the Wild. I recognize its a good game, but I just can't play this series anymore as long as they insist on making Link male and only male. Which is a shame, because it is a fun sandbox with good gameplay.
I mean you're entitled to your opinion and all, but this is beyond silliness

Ms.Galaxy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

If you have a hacked Wii U or Switch, there are mods that replace Link's model and other things with Zelda or Linkle.

Like the hat?

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if they'll go for a players choice collection starting with these two. I know they are already like 50%+ attach rate but these at $30 would shoot off even higher

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Imagine MK8DX had Online in the Demo.

That might entice stragglers to pay Online then later but the game.

Deleted member 11008

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I was joking with a friend this past saturday about why the hell there wasn't demo for MK8DX.

Now I think it should be a possibility Nintendo will upload a Smash demo soon.

Oct 26, 2017
Just want to give major props to Nintendo for being so on point with demos this gen.

Nearly every first party release will have one if these two are true. I hope more 3rd parties follow.

What's left? Mario, Splatoon, DKC:TF?
And Splatoon technically had testfires.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Okay, have video proof. This is a true Demo.

It has 2 game modes: Grand Prix and Battle mode. No option mode.

In GP you race in Big Blue 100CC and the autodrive is on, you can't change it. You can play with up to 4 players.

Recording is blocked.

giphy.gif

Nov 12, 2017
That's alot of games your missing out on.
I've played OoT, MM, WW, TP, ALBW, LTTP, and this newest one. I even have an Ocarina wallscroll. I could accept andro link when the explanation was 'we wanted to have him andro so men and women could project onto him'.

But when their reasoning to no female link in breath of the wild turned into some bullshit excuse I had enough. The lore of this particular game series states each hero is a different incarnation of the original hero. Different incarnations lets them easily add a female option or even full character creation. But they don't. And they insist on doubling down on it. I'm a woman and want to play as female link because I can relate to that character better. The fact that they refuse to do so at this point is just Nintendo hubris.

Ghos

Oct 25, 2017
i deleted some games and a bunch of saves in anticipation of a direct announcement

crying-face_1f622.png

maybe another day

Oct 27, 2017
So, this never happened. OP, what's the deal? Tut tut.

EDIT: In case anyone is wondering about the random dredging up of this thread, I was purging my watched threads and remembered this.

MlbGeo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I believe these turned out to be the demos that run on the demo kiosks at places like Walmart/Target Etc.