• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

wBENDERw

Oct 27, 2017
I hope it sells well for them!

it has the most broad appeal

who does not know dragon ball super!

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Today I saw the latinamerican like versión of eBay hyping the reléase of this game, something that they had NEVER be doing before.

I could totally see this happening

Noctis

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
giphy.gif

ShadowFox08

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
After what Xenoverse 1 and 2 did to the franchise in gaming selling pretty well with more than 3 million, it was a bit expected. But I don't see FigherZ actually surpassing them, even if it's going to be a success.
I can see Fighter Z pass xenoverse without too much trouble. We haven't had a tradtional 2d style dbz fighting game for a while.. and the greatratings its getting right now will help it reach farther into getting more sales.. especially with people on the fence of this game.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
It took me a long time to figure out the science, but i finally did:

For some DBZ fans, the emotional attachment they have for the franchise, lowers their "gaming standards" in general.
Objectively looking at FighterZ, it's the most well produced Dragonball game of all time.
But to my friend, it doesn't matter.
-He doesn't care how beautiful the game is
-He doesn't care about the small nuances and detail
-He doesn't care how good the game mechanics are

All he wants is his in-game transformations & 150+ characters. It wouldn't matter how shit the gameplay is, or how poorly it's executed....as long as he has his precious large roster, it's a good game to him. And the REASON for this, is because for so long, he's been fed DBZ games that allow you to do X,Y & Z.
Now FighterZ comes along and doesn't allow you to do X, Y & Z but it's a really High Quality Game. But that doesn't matter.

It's sad, but true.

Yup had the same reaction from people I know.

artemis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

For some DBZ fans, the emotional attachment they have for the franchise, lowers their "gaming standards" in general.
Objectively looking at FighterZ, it's the most well produced Dragonball game of all time.

All he wants is his in-game transformations & 150+ characters. It wouldn't matter how shit the gameplay is, or how poorly it's executed....as long as he has his precious large roster, it's a good game to him. And the REASON for this, is because for so long, he's been fed DBZ games that allow you to do X,Y & Z.
Now FighterZ comes along and doesn't allow you to do X, Y & Z but it's a really High Quality Game. But that doesn't matter.

It's sad, but true.
Your friend is gonna love Xenoverse 3, no doubt.

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
Latin America is going to be a BIG market for this game. DBZ is absolutely insanely huge here and we love our fighting games. Shame we won't get a dub.

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017

It's sad, but true.
Not to mention, no in game transformation. I can't go from base Goku and Goku SSJ2 or 3? Madness!

I know this sounds silly, buy from my experience, the fans put a lot of value on being able to transform mid battle.

In fact, I suspect quite a few people will be mad when they discover you can't play with SSJ2 and SSJ3 Goku.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2017
Not to mention, no in game transformation. I can't go from base Goku and Goku SSJ2 or 3? Madness!

I know this sounds silly, buy from my experience, the fans put a lot of value on being able to transform mid battle.

In fact, I suspect quite a few people will be mad when they discover you can't play with SSJ2 and SSJ3 Goku.
Dont they realize that if every character was allowed to transform, it would slow the game down dramatically

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina

It's sad, but true.
Its strange because Im a huge Dragonball fan and love the games with massive rosters because of all the "what if" possibilities and what not. But I haven't been this excited for a Dragon Ball game in practically forever. There is so much more to appreciate from a Dragon Ball game than a massive roster.

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can see Fighter Z pass xenoverse without too much trouble. We haven't had a tradtional 2d style dbz fighting game for a while.. and the greatratings its getting right now will help it reach farther into getting more sales.. especially with people on the fence of this game.

We'll see then if this game will reach or surpass 5 million.

Fisico

Oct 27, 2017
Paris

I just read the whole interview and I'm a bit confused.
While not 100% clear I do think it's only talking about the french market and not worldwide, every question is about the french market, the person interviewed is the french Bamco director etc.

(I'm a native french speaker in case someone doubt my reading skill there)

Conor419

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
London
Guys not trying to diss here, but there have been so many DBZ fighting games over the years. Can someone explain to me why this one in particular has got people really excited and is looking to be a big deal? I've had people message me asking me if I'm getting it, then saying they're surprised that I don't know much about it, and I'm like, WHAT?

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
Guys not trying to diss here, but there have been so many DBZ fighting games over the years. Can someone explain to me why this one in particular has got people really excited and is looking to be a big deal? I've had people message me asking me if I'm getting it, then saying they're surprised that I don't know much about it, and I'm like, WHAT?

Developped by Guilty Gear Xrd developpers, traditionnal 2D fighter, amazing visuals really close to the anime with a lot of details.

maneauleau

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
I just read the whole interview and I'm a bit confused.
While not 100% clear I do think it's only talking about the french market and not worldwide, every question is about the french market, the person interviewed is the french Bamco director etc.

(I'm a native french speaker in case someone doubt my reading skill there)
yep it could most likely be related only to the French market but still a valuable info imo

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

This is a legitimate fighting game, made by one of the most respected fighting game makers.

In other words, if the other Dragonball fighting games were like when EA was making Marvel Fighting games, this is the equivalent of Capcom stepping in and making Marvel vs Capcom.

OP
OP
oneida

oneida

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

ShadowFox08

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
Xenoverse and FighterZ DLC aren't comparable. Also they can't exactly release Xenoverse 3 right now.

How are they not comparable? Sure one is a 3d rpg fighter, and the other isn't.. But hardly changes things in regards to rereleases.

in what comparable way are you looking for? Look at the street fighter series, notably with 4. They can easily rerelease the game again in the next 2 years with all the dlc like capcom. That's the trend for fighting games and a lot of rereleases