• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 15476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can see the reasoning being something like Sony wanting to monetize those big production, mostly GaaS-free, AAA games a bit more by releasing them on PC, but I don't buy it honestly.

WhiteNovember

Aug 15, 2018
Only reason is to get some pc players hooked for the Ps4 exclusive second game. But putting it on Psnow should work for that.

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
Nah.

Lots of people "predicted" that DS was coming to PC.. because the original agreement between KojimaPro and Sony specified as such.

That said, Decima on PC will be utterly mind-blowing (it already is on a PS4 Pro!). But that majesty will be witnessed via DS and not HZD.

That said, we know more Sony games will come to PC. But I expect that'll be mostly (or only) multiplayer/shared world games, I expect the Predator game will come to PC for example. Perhaps Dreams one day.

I totally mised that news! Hell, Dreams is actually all I want!

Crash Team Racing too

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That would be cool for pc players.

I personally think it would suit sony to bring their games to their own pc store. As long as people buy from sonys own store they're getting 100% of the money and with their exclusive line-up this store could be big.

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
If Sony starts publishing on PC they better go all the way. Leave behind a Naughty Dog game and I still have to buy the PS5.

TubaZef

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Well, the Quantic Dream games are on PC... so I guess it could happen, though I also doubt it.

Ok, Decima Engine is on PC now, but Horizon Zero Dawn?

A 10 million seller game?

A system seller?

It would make sense, the game won't be moving more PS4s at this point, so put it on PC for some extra cash.

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
Lots of people "predicted" that DS was coming to PC.. because the original agreement between KojimaPro and Sony specified as such.
The Death Stranding would come to PC was a thing right when the game got announced.
We knew Death Stranding was coming to PC from the start though so that doesn't really make this any more believable.

Yeah, it's incredibly easy to "predict" something that was already announced from day one.

I'm not saying this is bullshit, but basing your rep for "predicting" things off of regurgitating a press release from 3 years ago is pretty shaky ground.

Hanbei

Nov 11, 2017
I call bullcrap.

Well, the Quantic Dream games are on PC... so I guess it could happen, though I also doubt it.
Quantic Dream ain't Sony owned. Their partnership deal came to an end, therefore they are free to release their games on other platforms.
Guerrilla Games is Sony. Sony publishing its first party titles to other platforms would make buying their consoles no more sense. Do you really think this is the path they are willing to take?

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
One of the biggest Russian bloggers Anton Logvinov shared this information in his latest video. He predicted that Death Stranding will come to PC before the official announcement (tho it wasn't that hard) and now said this:

Later he added:

Uh, Death Stranding was announced as coming to PC way back when it was first announced. The panic around it being an exclusive developed somewhat surprisingly from minor things like PS labels. I don't think "predicting" DS coming to PC gives you any reliability regarding this.

Could It happen? Maybe. But I remain sceptical.

plow

Oct 28, 2017
Would be a genios move by Sony imo.

The game is 3 years old by then. It will not move any Consoles by that point.
To top that off, the sequel will probably be a PS5 Release game.

So Sony will try to get as much people as possible to play the first Game, so that IF they want to play the sequel, they will have to buy a PS5. It's win win.

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
I really don't see Sony following MS in this regard, would be interesting if they did though as feels a PC upgrade will be better value than buying both consoles next gen.

Oct 27, 2017
I really doubt it, but I guess someone thought this seemed like a plausible lie given that DS is coming to PC in six months.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
This would obviously be the best situation for everyone, but I doubt Sony are that chill.

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
eh. "predicting" that Death Stranding was coming to PC was like predicting water is wet. It was generally taken as a fact it comes out on PC right after the announcement. Only Console wars held the myth alive that it would be a PS4 exclusive.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That will make sense, considering that they have exhausted all the sales on PS4 players. Releasing it on the PC will bring them even more sales.

ShaiKhulud

Oct 27, 2017
Kazan, Russia
Anton is a famed bullshiter, who promised new Hellblade and other dream announcements during the E3 2019 back in the day. Guy literally has a clickbait clown reputation in Russian gaming media.

Just ignore it.

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
That would be the most stupid move ever.
Releasing one of the most important IPs on PC before even announcing their next gen system.
I know I would take my time and put my PS5 purchase on hold if this happens.
The day Sony starts releasing their high profile games on PC is the day I'm dropping PS and moving back to PC gaming.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i'd be extremely surprised if that happened, but of course it'd be cool to see. the game will look gorgeous running on a high end system.

prudis

Oct 25, 2017
CZ
not really fan of these kinds of openworlds these days .... but cant wait for the meltdowns

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
People really are rewritting history with Death Stranding on PC. No, it wasn't "known" at all, in fact that 2015 interview mentioning PC was always laughed at because it was seen as believers grapsping at straws. It wasn't obvious at all.

Dec 15, 2017
Tbh how many more units could some PS4 exclusives like bloodborne or horizon zero Dawn move on PlayStation?

You can keep those games exclusive for say 4 to 5 years and then release them on PC for the audience that does not want to buy a PlayStation to play a handful of games. And please don't list that pos PS now as an alternative.

Zoon

Oct 25, 2017
I hope Sony (and Nintendo) go the Microsoft route and embrace the PC. As much as I'd like to play their games I can't invest on their platforms.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Why would they do this? Just undercuts the potential PS5 remaster. Don't buy it. Death Standing is an entirely different model.

How would it undercut a potential PS5 remaster? The game wasn't so good that buying it again and a system specifically for it would be worthwhile at all for many (most?), especially when the PS4 and the current version of the game exists. Those that wanted to play it on a console have already likely done so, and those who didn't want to likely won't be buying a PS5 just to do so either.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People really are rewritting history with Death Stranding on PC. No, it wasn't "known" at all, in fact that 2015 interview mentioning PC was always laughed at because it was seen as believers grapsping at straws. It wasn't obvious at all.

LMAO The PC version was confirmed in the game's official website back then.

scabobbs

Oct 28, 2017
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS Thank you Sony if this is true!!! Sony 1st party games are extraordinary and I need to see them at 1440p/144

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How would it undercut a potential PS5 remaster? The game wasn't so good that buying it again and a system specifically for it would be worthwhile at all for many (most?), especially when the PS4 and the current version of the game exists. Those that wanted to play it on a console have already likely done so, and those who didn't want to likely won't be buying a PS5 just to do so either.

"Wasn't so good" lol

The game that has a 89 meta and it's a huge success.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
"Wans't so good" lol

The game that has a 89 meta and it's a huge success.

Who gives a shit what the score was? So many around here harp on about how reviews and scores don't matter until it happens to be about a particular game they get defensive over. I didn't say it wasn't good at all either, but go ahead and look for something to suit your argument.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Need to remember that,
If sony actually had any interest in publishing their bigger games on PC, wouldnt they have published death stranding? Instead they let 505 publish it

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
While I believe this is BS

He predicted that Death Stranding will come to PC before the official announcement (tho it wasn't that hard)

The history rewriting at work. Just saying "DS will come at a later date on PC" here was nearly seen as portbegging. No one would ever say "it'll be announced before release". And now suddenly, the medium QA wasn't so bad anymore. That's complete BS.

Need to remember that,
If sony actually had any interest in publishing their bigger games on PC, wouldnt they have published death stranding? Instead they let 505 publish it

My take on the story:
KojiPro was always supposed to self publish the PC version. 505 was a cheap yet competent partner for it. Let's say Sony would've taken 20% as a publisher and 505 is taking 5% (which for them is more than enough + having Kojima name in their portfolio).

Status
Not open for further replies.