• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
ThinkingGradualAwesome.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Well Disney bought Fox somewhat recently; I think we can expect them to do good by the roster now.

Hopefully it gets a visual overhaul as well because it looks like junk.
They ain't wasting their time on a fighting game. From a certain perspective it did almost nothing to boost the MCU branding and the films kept trucking independent of its existence. They got bigger projects to look into.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's because "he" is like six different people pulling rumors from eighteen different sources.
So you're saying the media created Vergeben? Because Vergeben was the one who leaked out Retro was making Star Fox Grand Prix before and right after that media members and big Nintendo Youtubers all said they heard the same thing.

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
I usually keep up with various leakers, & he somehow manages to keep popping up. Also, since he somehow got a decent track record with Smash, others have been combing through his old information, which is comprised of false info & edited posts with the occasional nugget of truth (Ex: TMNT in Injustice 2). Smash Ultimate has been the only game where Vergeben has been mostly accurate with his leaks.
Ah, ok.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And then he shot his credibility by saying it would be on the switch and Mina wouldn't return.
That was a separate leak from the initial reveal + Groh's fighting style.

The guy clearly has different sources. Some of which are reliable and some of which aren't. And that is why overall he is unreliable. However, he also can't be completely dismissed like so many people want him to be, since he has gotten quite a bit right.

BimmyLee

Oct 30, 2017
I was a huge fan of MvCI when it came out and would love for this to be real, but I really really really cannot see this being anything more than fluff.

FSLink

Oct 25, 2017
Well Disney bought Fox somewhat recently; I think we can expect them to do good by the roster now.

Hopefully it gets a visual overhaul as well because it looks like junk.
That isn't even finalized yet and wouldn't be a factor in this lol

Fot all the negative people in here, I hope something MvC series related is coming. MvC deserved better.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
Can they overhaul the music too? Most of it was garbage. remix the old themes for the heroes instead of the generic MCU drivel

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
I would have thought that Marvel would be able to have a second life on Switch since the system lacks fighters at the moment.

I will keep my eyes open, I wanted to play this since it had Gamora boo and the homie TChalla but then it died

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
So you're saying the media created Vergeben? Because Vergeben was the one who leaked out Retro was making Star Fox Grand Prix before and right after that media members and big Nintendo Youtubers all said they heard the same thing.
I'm not saying that he's always wrong, but rather that he's wrong more often than not & that we shouldn't take anything he says seriously until someone with more credibility backs up his claims......at least outside of Smash.

FSP

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
London, United Kingdom
If you want my view, this is almost certainly nonsense.

It'd be far, far more likely for it to be MvC4, a new game built from scratch, if it exists at all. There is zero value in building anything on the wreckage of MvCI.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
I see no reason to take this seriously when he claimed the "Uncanny Edition" was going to be a thing a few months ago.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
An MvC4 that looks good and has characters people want is a good start. Get rid of the forced MCU riding and just go nuts with characters like in the older games.

Dr. Ludwig

Oct 31, 2017
Max has always been doubtful about the game's future after he talked to people close to Capcom. He just can't see it and he discussed it couple of times before in his videos.

I'll be really surprised if Capcom dig this one up from the grave.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not saying that he's always wrong, but rather that he's wrong more often than not & that we shouldn't take anything he says seriously until someone with more credibility backs up his claims......at least outside of Smash.

The point is Imran said he's 6 people in one. How would Imran know who Vergeben is. Imran works in the video game industry. It tells me media members/insiders came together to create Vergeben to leak things out.

And like you said they've gotten things wrong which is pretty funny.

Ste

Banned
Jun 8, 2018
England
If capcom do this I believe that capcom have officially risen from the near dead to become top tier again, just like old days. I read and see nothing but good stuff about them nowadays yet for years I thought they were going down the Konami path.

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
Even if this is plausible, you probably won't hear any rumblings about it until after Disney finalizes their Fox acquisition in January 2019.

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Keep 2v2, overhaul the art style to look actually comic book inspired, expand roster (and don't be biased against anything non MCU). Perfecto.

Gameplay is already great and was never MvCI's issue imo.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
So

Marvel vs Capcom 4

With Spider-Man PS4 levels of polish, budget and love poured into it.

LETS GET ON THAT HYPE TRAIN

Fart Master

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
A dumpster
No fucking way

I know I was wrong about DMC 5 but there is zero chance this happens.

Are they going to release the next proper MvC without charging everyone? Are they completely redoing the graphics by moving to RE engine? Capcom is trying badly to shake off the greedy crapcom stigma but I doubt they do something this awesome.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
The point is Imran said he's 6 people in one. How would Imran know who Vergeben is. Imran works in the video game industry. It tells me media members/insiders came together to create Vergeben to leak things out.

And like you said they've gotten things wrong which is pretty funny.
I'm going by the track record we have to go with.

ZeroCDR

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Glad this has finally gotten noticed, he's been talking about this since Evo. If they're rebranding it as MvC4, then at that point it's not an update but a brand new game. I wonder if they'd have an upgrade program for MvC:I owners.

I do so hope this is real, and they make it worth our time. Bring back the rest of the UMvC3 cast INCLUDING X-MEN/F4, go back to 3v3, ditch the overly realistic aesthetic that's ruining everyone's faces.. and for the love of god actually have a content roadmap in place if your intent is to be GaaS. They touted MvC:I as platform before release and it even sold well enough initially. I honestly believe the game would have been fine had it actually had new content on a regular basis, but they botched it completely and gave up.

Active switch is fun, but I'd like them to go back to assists or do both. Going to 4 says to me that MvC:I was an experiment and this would be a more back to basics approach, y'know since DBFZ took Marvel 3's ball and ran with it to incredible success. Don't fix what isn't broken.

Crossing my fingers. What time is it?

HCxo5ia.jpg

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
How could you possibly know this?
I did some research into it when information that was previously only available in small circles got posted. Then I took note of when some other information that came to me from a source stopped coming from him as well. And then there were some things the account posted that were straight up wrong and I tracked down where they came from and who those people gave that information to.

Status
Not open for further replies.