• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
So either it's classic DK or the next 3D platformer from EPD 8 is a Mario/DK crossover game to coincide with the opening of Super Nintendo World's DK expansion.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
Note: The supposed 4chan leak is someone impersonating Emily Rogers so don't take it as anything.

As for the topic. I need a DK64 2.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently the logos for the Peach costumes were in an early trailer. This is just someone using one piece of information to make up other stuff.

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't DK64 technically considered as part of the Country series?
I think when people say "Country" they are specifically identifying the 2D games.

Like how Super Mario 64 is a mainline Mario game but not what anyone would refer to as part of the "Super Mario Bros." series as it is currently understood?

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Donkey Kong Nation is a wholly original setting in which Diddy Kong must overthrow the fascist regime established by the titular Donkey Kong, who got utterly red-pilled after spending too much time reading "research" forwarded to him by Funky and Cranky and exacerbated by his daily habit of browsing "K", a social network owned by the devious King Krool.

ultraluna

Jun 3, 2020
Donkey Kong Nation is a wholly original setting in which Diddy Kong must overthrow the fascist regime established by the titular Donkey Kong, who got utterly red-pilled after spending too much time reading "research" forwarded to him by Funky and Cranky and browsing "K", a social network owned by the devious King Krool.
banana-pilled
or banana peeled

giapel

Oct 28, 2017
Between the movie and the minis resurrection it's clear that Nintendo is moving DK back into the Mario universe. So it kinda makes sense that it's distancing from DKC.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Either Jungle Beat 2 or DK64 2, or is DK64 a part of the DKC series? (It technically is story-wise.)

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
I saw that 4chan leak, and whilst most of it seems reasonable the part about a new DKC seemed odd to me. By most accounts, the next DK game is a 3D entry from EAD (which I'm assuming is for the Switch successor at this stage).

Not impossible for Retro to be working on multiple games at once, but given we haven't seen anything of MP4 with them on it, it'd be very odd for them to also have a new DKC ready to show at an upcoming direct before MP4.

A new DKC could be with a different studio but unless Nintendo really believed they were dying in need of a new DKC game, I don't get why you'd pass it over to another studio when Retro had done a great job with it.

KezayJS1

Apr 25, 2021
Donkey Kong Urban

To take place in the long lost Metro Kingdom, a once sprawling metropolis now overgrown with lush plant-life and completely reclaimed by nature.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I just want my new Kong, years and years of leakers stating as such, I'm tired man, just get me that switch 2 direct so I can either rejoice or be left in Mario fatigue instead.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
He's right. It comes out in a few weeks too. The Mario vs. DK remake.
Can't wait!
I just want my new Kong, years and years of leakers stating as such, I'm tired man, just get me that switch 2 direct so I can either rejoice or be left in Mario fatigue instead.
I feel like you're severely underestimating how big of a deal the next Mario 3D game is likely going to be. That game feels like it's been in development for forever. Whatever they're cooking has to be legitimately phenomenal. And I say this as someone who's been begging for a new Donkey Kong game as well.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully it's still a proper DK game and it just doesn't have the Country name.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
A 3D open-world collectathon platformer, you heard it here first.

PucePikmin

Apr 26, 2018
Yeah, we've been hearing variations of this -- new DK from 3D Mario team, not a Country game -- for a while. I think it's going to be somewhat of a thematic continuation of DK Jungle Beat. Still generally looks like DK with the tie ect, but a little more animalistic and violent. None of the kremlings or other Rare trappings.