Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
Donkey Konga is back!

Really tho. Donkey Kong Jungle Journey: A 3D adventure game where different members of the Kong family are played through different parts of the jungle to reunite and defeat K. Rool.

Ricky

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
I hope this isn't true. I need at least one more game so complete the trilogy .

Jul 22, 2022
Nintendo needs to go big or go home with DK. If it's not part of Country series I hope it's a 3D entry. Any other title can bury the series forever. The 🫠 at the end doesn't give me confidence

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Donkey Kong Rural Landscape

Donkey Kong Sparsely Populated Backwater

Donkey Kong Middle of Bumfuck Nowhere

Finiri6143

Mar 16, 2022
Nintendo needs to go big or go home with DK. If it's not part of Country series I hope it's a 3D entry. Any other title can bury the series forever. The 🫠 at the end doesn't give me confidence
Regarding your last sentence, that's most likely in response to the fact the leaker is right in a sense that we ARE getting a Donkey Kong game( no Mario vs DK is not what he's referring to because that's not a Donkey Kong game, it's a Mario arcade puzzle style platformer), just that it's NOT a Country style game(which also probably means it's not 2D).

StarPhlox

Oct 25, 2017
Wisconsin
Speaking for the DKC community, 64 is not recognized as part of the Country series. The only honorary member that does not have Country in the title is Jungle Beat (bongo edition). Please respect this request.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking for the DKC community, 64 is not recognized as part of the Country series. The only honorary member that does not have Country in the title is Jungle Beat (bongo edition). Please respect this request.
Jungle Beat was the sign that Donkey Kong was truly dead until Retro revived it.

Mr_F_Snowman

Oct 27, 2017

Yeh the DK brand is in a real precarious spot - last few entries only managed around the 10 million and 5 million mark respectively, one bomb and the Kong is done for. They'll be dismantling the theme park and reshooting the movie to feature Birdo instead

RingoGaSuki

Apr 22, 2019
Always surprised me that we never got a DK64 remake on DS or 3DS (particularly the latter, Nintendo and Microsoft have had a decent relationship for a while now).

I love DK64 - it's my favourite DK game after DKC2 and I would be very much in for another 3D one.

Goddo Hando

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
Give me a small release where Nintendo does a canonical Donkey Kong 4 as a single screen arcade game done by a tiny team that includes Miyamoto and Hip Tanaka, and like Mega Man 9 and 10, adheres to the limitation of its original system. THANK you

Kyzer

Oct 25, 2017
I mean the 3D DK game by Odyssey team rumor has been floating around for a while now

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
Everyone has one popular rumour they're a truther about and mine is MonkEPD. It's not real.

Solid SOAP

One Winged Slayer
Nov 27, 2017
your mom's house
gimme a retro revival (i.e. DK '94)
Mario vs. Donkey Kong revival be like

Untitled-5.jpg

HibbySloth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I swear to god if this game doesn't have K. Rool after fans campaigned for his inclusion in Smash, then I truly wonder what's going on over at Nintendo.
I really hope that just means it isn't a 2D platformer, but is instead 3D and still exists within the world setting of Rare and Retro's games. I don't want another Jungle Beat situation where they just excise all that stuff.

This. This. A thousand times this. Jungle Beat was a fantastic game that unfortunately tried to retcon all of the characters Rare made for Nintendo.

00's Nintendo really said "Let's take one of our 10 million lifetime sales franchises and strip away it's identity"

Last edited:

Simba

Nov 25, 2017
Funky would never

…get into politics. He's "too cool" for that.

funky kong is pro lbgtq+ rights and is a super left winger and when not partying or surfing or karting or toking or flying planes he certainly isn't wasting his time on social media

he is teaching kids how to read and singing classic surf rock hits at charity functions for various orphanages and volunteering at soup kitchens.

traveler

Oct 26, 2017
Funky Kong Surfing

Linear course based extreme sports game featuring ssx like gameplay "downhill" through fantastical, impossible formations of water, volcano, jungle, bayou, mines and so forth soaring through the air with Motorstorm like set pieces interspersed throughout

gogojira

Oct 27, 2017
Hard to keep track of how many Nintendo leakers there are these days, everyone seems to have an uncle who works there.

Jul 22, 2022
Yeh the DK brand is in a real precarious spot - last few entries only managed around the 10 million and 5 million mark respectively, one bomb and the Kong is done for. They'll be dismantling the theme park and reshooting the movie to feature Birdo instead
Country series dude. Couldn't care less about theme parkk, the (awful) movie or replaying (and buying) TF again

Finiri6143

Mar 16, 2022
Actually, if you combine both the Wii U and Switch version of Tropical Freeze, it's close to 7 million(6.64 million to be exact). But your point still stands.

Edit: At least that was the last report of its sales, which was December 2022. No sales of it was reported/published last year.

Last edited:

Nessus

Oct 28, 2017
This would genuinely be a dream come true for me.

The earlier rumor was that the Mario Odyssey team was working on a Donkey Kong game, and if it was a 3D evolution of Donkey Kong '94 I don't think there's a project I'd want to see more from them.

Would love to see a celebration of the entire series, actually, with references to everything Donkey Kong related, from Stanley and Donkey Kong 3, to DKC, to New Donk City, but with the focus remaining on those puzzle/platformer levels of the Game Boy game.

onion

Oct 28, 2017
Nintendo should do something new and then remake the 1st and 2nd Country games like this to keep everyone happy :D:

www.youtube.com

Donkey Kong Country 2 HD Remake - Bramble Scramble

See new DKC2 HD video here! - Parrot Chute Panic - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0nuOWjc7boTwitter - http://twitter.com/BlobVanDamTwitch - http://www.twit...

www.youtube.com

Nintendo Switch - Donkey Kong Country 2 HD - Parrot Chute Panic

Twitter - http://twitter.com/BlobVanDamInstagram - https://www.instagram.com/blobvandam/Twitch - http://www.twitch.tv/therealblobvandamHere is "Parrot Chute ...

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Donkey Kong Rural Landscape

Donkey Kong Sparsely Populated Backwater

Donkey Kong Middle of Bumfuck Nowhere
That last one would also reflect the current status of the franchise, very meta!

Funky Kong Surfing

Linear course based extreme sports game featuring ssx like gameplay "downhill" through fantastical, impossible formations of water, volcano, jungle, bayou, mines and so forth soaring through the air with Motorstorm like set pieces interspersed throughout
As far as spinoffs go, this would be pretty, dare I say it, funky

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
Funky Kong Surfing

That or just give us a funky kong style wave race, excitebike and 1080 - basically take all the extreme sports that Nintendo has forgotten and put a DK skin on it and release it.

I'd buy it.

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
I saw that 4chan leak, and whilst most of it seems reasonable the part about a new DKC seemed odd to me. By most accounts, the next DK game is a 3D entry from EAD (which I'm assuming is for the Switch successor at this stage).

Not impossible for Retro to be working on multiple games at once, but given we haven't seen anything of MP4 with them on it, it'd be very odd for them to also have a new DKC ready to show at an upcoming direct before MP4.

A new DKC could be with a different studio but unless Nintendo really believed they were dying in need of a new DKC game, I don't get why you'd pass it over to another studio when Retro had done a great job with it.
They can barely manage one at a time, lol.