• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Brat-Sampson

Nov 16, 2017
With [Re]Incarnation wrapping up in only a few weeks, they could use its story as some kind of connection to a 3rd mainline title.

Either way, whatever he does next in this universe, I'm in.

OP
OP
Son of Sparda

Son of Sparda

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I was there too!

However I thought Nier 3 was confirmed when the Producer that came out before Yoko Taro said he was the Producer of Nier 3???
Lq9.gif

Sheev

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hell yeah, I was there at London! Absolutely fantastic night, and I'm really hoping they were actually teasing something.

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
I just hope they get Platinum again. The gameplay and music were by far the best parts of Automata. The story itself was whatever.

Further teases from the Berlin concert

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
If you were at Barcelona, you saw the composer, Keiichi Okabe, and he never said anything about Nier 3, for sure.
Berlin

Some dude came out before Yoko Taro, I believe he said he was the producer for NieR 3 as his introduction. Accents and whatnot aside I can be wrong about his position but I definitely heard NieR 3, for sure.

Shrug.jpg

He said it so matter of factly I was like "guess I missed the announcement a while back, then"

OP
OP
Son of Sparda

Son of Sparda

Oct 25, 2017
Berlin

Some dude came out before Yoko Taro, I believe he said he was the producer for NieR 3 as his introduction. Accents and whatnot aside I can be wrong about his position but I definitely heard NieR 3, for sure.

Shrug.jpg

He said it so matter of factly I was like "guess I missed the announcement a while back, then"
If you are sure about hearing Nier 3 from them then it definitely feels like they were teasing it.

Ketaya

Oct 25, 2017
Berlin
Berlin

Shrug.jpg

Hmm, interesting, but I think maybe you misheard him say NieR series as NieR 3?
I feel like others who where there would have talked about this otherwise.

But unfortunately I wasn't there so who knows, it's definitely about time for a new big Yoko Taro game.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
I just hope they get Platinum again. The gameplay and music were by far the best parts of Automata. The story itself was whatever.

The story is like the best thing about it. Music was by Monaca (who will 100% do whatever Taro does next again, willing to bet money there). Gameplay is like the icing on a delicious cake.

Coldman

Oct 25, 2017
Berlin

I was at the same show, he definitely didn't say Nier 3. They just came out to say hi and thanks.

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017

The gameplay, while flashy, felt pretty shallow and the difficulty didn't feel very well balanced either.

I'd prefer to see what SE internally can put out.

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
I got subtweeted by Yoko Taro, huh? I regret my words and actions and shall R3PENT accordingly, hahaha.

(Seriously, it's kinda weird to me how so many outlets have picked up a mere anecdote and run full articles with it, I even said in this thread I didn't think anything was imminently happening. I assume another NieR game will eventually come out for consoles given the success of Automata, it's just too much money on the table for them to not)

OP
OP
Son of Sparda

Son of Sparda

Oct 25, 2017
I got subtweeted by Yoko Taro, huh? I regret my words and actions and shall R3PENT accordingly, hahaha.

(Seriously, it's kinda weird to me how so many outlets have picked up a mere anecdote and run full articles with it, I even said in this thread I didn't think anything was imminently happening. I assume another NieR game will eventually come out for consoles given the success of Automata, it's just too much money on the table for them to not)
We are all real thirsty for a new Nier haha

To be honest I'm surprised this wasn't reported on by anyone else before you made that post in the other thread.

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
We are all real thirsty for a new Nier haha

To be honest I'm surprised this wasn't reported on by anyone else before you made that post in the other thread.

That is the part that's most shocking to me, that nobody else seemingly had made comment online about the cheer for NieR 3 part. Even if it was a joke, you'd expect someone to have posted about it before I had!

horkrux

Oct 27, 2017
I read in a youtube comment that this popped up in previous concerts as well, so it's likely nothing. A sequel also wouldn't be considered Nier 3 anyway, that's Reincarnation

OP
OP
Son of Sparda

Son of Sparda

Oct 25, 2017
A sequel also wouldn't be considered Nier 3 anyway, that's Reincarnation
marvel-is-it-though.gif

I know Taro loves its mobile games and everything he does is canon, but I imagine once they formally announce the next Nier it'll be treated and marketed as the third mainline game in the series. Like I would be very surprised if they ever tell you to go play Reincarnation in any capacity when talking about the next Nier.

horkrux

Oct 27, 2017
marvel-is-it-though.gif

I know Taro loves its mobile games and everything he does is canon, but I imagine once they formally announce the next Nier it'll be treated and marketed as the third mainline game in the series. Like I would be very surprised if they ever tell you to go play Reincarnation in any capacity when talking about the next Nier.

Yeah, but if Taro himself is behind the R3PENT stuff, then I doubt he would skip over his own game like that. What would make the most sense to me if it would simply allude to a third game subtitle starting with R in it lol

OP
OP
Son of Sparda

Son of Sparda

Oct 25, 2017
Both of them litterally said two months ago that their next game is not Nier. I feel like we should accept that.
I feel like most people have accepted that his next game isn't Nier, but a possible tease for next Nier is still exciting even if it's not coming out anytime soon. As another example, look at the reactions to ME5 tease(s) even though we haven't even seen DA4 in action yet.

At the very least we now know they probably have some ideas for Nier 3 and it should be in some form of very early development (assuming the Repent thing is a tease of Nier 3's overall themes).