poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
hyrule-warriors-age-of-calamity-link-is-dying-hyrule-warriors.gif

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
is this a leak/rumour or someone just hazarding a guess after Peach's Showtime and seeing the general frequency of Zelda spinoffs in off years

Like I'd leap at the opportunity play something like Chants of Sennaar starring TotK Zelda but I need to see something substantial to take this seriously.

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017
I hope it's a sequel to Totk that focuses on linearity. And that you can select Zelda's hairstyle.

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
I guess I have some faith in whoever PapaGenos source is based on the MP Remaster stuff but the DK and "Something Smash is happening but it might just be Sora amiibo" stuff all seems too vague for me to put any real stock in this.

PapaGenos was routinely wrong in the pre-Ultimate days... a lot. He might have gotten a new source that's a bit more reliable but we're playing a game of telephone with a completely unknown source and this is all down to PapaGenos second-hand telling of anything he's being told that could be embellished or simply misinterpreted.

I'd gladly welcome a game with playable Zelda but after all this time, the fact it didn't happen at all in TOTK (which would have been the prime opportunity) and the fact we're hearing about this from only PapaGenos and nobody more reputable all seem like red flags to me.

Great Martinez Jr.

▲ Legend ▲
Feb 2, 2021
Mexico
is this a leak/rumour or someone just hazarding a guess after Peach's Showtime and seeing the general frequency of Zelda spinoffs in off years

Like I'd leap at the opportunity play something like Chants of Sennaar starring TotK Zelda but I need to see something substantial to take this seriously.

He was quite notorious in the Smash Ultimate era. He threw out all sorts of false leaks and I think he got one or two small things right that just seemed more coincidence than anything else? I seriously have no idea why people take this guy seriously.

Even this feels like a very safe guess after Princess Peach Showtime's success.

Yeah, that's what I knew about him and those are my feelings as well. I'll caution about people taking this seriously.

I saw someone suggest it could be a 2D game by Grezzo ala Link's Awakening. That would be neat I think

The above being said, this honestly would be really neat.

I hope Nintendo decides to do something like that one of these days.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Has papa Genos ever gotten anything right? Anything at all? Because he sure as hell has a mile wide track record of things he said that were completely wrong

As far as I know, he was literally the only person that correctly predicted that Metroid Prime Remastered was getting shadowed dropped after the Direct.

Also for Multiversus he had a trailer description and drew a sketch of Joker over a year ago and both were near 1:1 what was just revealed.

May 22, 2023
Florida
Will it be a real game, a solid adventure with Zelda in the lead could be fantastic.
Or will it be something like Zelda's dress up adventures as in a style and cute over substance experience

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Will it be a real game, a solid adventure with Zelda in the lead could be fantastic.
Or will it be something like Zelda's dress up adventures as in a style and cute over substance experience

I'm cool with a dress-up angle if it's handled as well as BOTW/TOTK already did.

In fact, I'd largely encourage it.

Give her some off her old outfits while we're at it
I want this:
Ee-uFXMWkAAf5UV.jpg

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Also for Multiversus he had a trailer description and drew a sketch of Joker over a year ago and both were near 1:1 what was just revealed.
He's a rumor monger who will pretty much post any info he's given no matter how credible. Having one or two wins is not a win for his overall credibility when he gets so much wrong, and the multiversus and other similar leaks in particular are worthless for this specific conversation because having an insider inside a completely separate company has no baring on his reliability for Nintendo leaks.

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
Hm, Zelda's side of Tears of the Kingdom is right there and barely explored if they want a quick game before the next system.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Another Hyrule Warriors is a super obvious prediction that no one else has been making for this holiday for reasons I don't understand.

Wil Grieve

Oct 25, 2017
He was quite notorious in the Smash Ultimate era. He threw out all sorts of false leaks and I think he got one or two small things right that just seemed more coincidence than anything else? I seriously have no idea why people take this guy seriously.

Even this feels like a very safe guess after Princess Peach Showtime's success.

He never threw out fake leaks. He reported on ones that were being seriously discussed in places like reddit and ResetERA and always couched the discussion with "this is a rumor" and where everything came from. The only time I can think of where he was totally off base was him wanting the Grinch Leak to be real, but even then he said he was biased because he wanted Geno and that the Grinch Leak went against Vergeben who had a perfect track record up to that point.

He leaked Metroid Prime shadowdrop and a couple other things since then that ended up being correct. So, I say it's worth talking about.

It really feels like 99% of the people on here talking about him have only ever heard of him via other people who have never actually seen any of his content.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Any dress up Zelda game that doesn't allow us to play as gay/trans icon link as at least one of the characters wearing all the outfits of both genders like in triforce heroes is one where we were robbed.

Trago

Oct 25, 2017
It's time!

xHydLYOV8tFOLd5c7f29v0Oy6Wn6K0XT-FQCqsqC90I.jpg

Zelda stealth game with upgradable equipment and multiple paths/approaches to reach an objective.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Another Hyrule Warriors is a super obvious prediction that no one else has been making for this holiday for reasons I don't understand.

I know Capcom is a barrier but I'd love another Hyrule Warriors just to have Din/Nayru heroes and Onyx/Veran villains.

brain_

What is a tag? A miserable pile of words.
May 13, 2021
MO
I doubt they'd do it but she's a prime candidate to star in the old 2D and 3D Zelda styles that people miss.

Vyse

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hyrule Flight Simulator watching 10.000 years of history as a dragon.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
They had the perfect opportunity in one of the early cutscenes the first one after Zelda ends up in the past and meets the sages to just turn the hud on and let you play as Zelda but they didn't do it.
I was so disappointed cause I was expecting it after knowing there was a whole area not shown in the trailers but not what it was.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I want this to be true. I always hoped for something like a spin-off series "Tales of Hyrule" which would feature stories focused on other characters. But even if this is true, I fear the end result will not be what we expected. More something like Zelda Home Designer, Zeldas Restaurant or something ridiciouls of that kind.
giphy.gif

Basically this

I want a proper Triple A zelda game starring Zelda.
The timing of this does not point to that.

LordFlash

Mar 24, 2023
I want it.

I didnt much care for the BOTW/TOTK Zelda formula though. Maybe they can split the series into two and we get a Zelda "classic" game and Link "modern" game.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
A Hyrule Adventure: The Legend of Zelda?

The actual phrasing there (Hyrule Adventure, especially with Nintendo using Hyrule to label a couple of the spinoffs) did stand out. Plus it's close to Hyrule Fantasy.

Maybe a remake of Zelda 1 with her swapped in as the main character?

(Or this is a rumor and it's nothing)

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I'm fine with this being a spin-off, don't really get the negative attitude people have toward that possibility.

Something like Captain Toad would be awesome.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
He never threw out fake leaks. He reported on ones that were being seriously discussed in places like reddit and ResetERA and always couched the discussion with "this is a rumor" and where everything came from. The only time I can think of where he was totally off base was him wanting the Grinch Leak to be real, but even then he said he was biased because he wanted Geno and that the Grinch Leak went against Vergeben who had a perfect track record up to that point.

He leaked Metroid Prime shadowdrop and a couple other things since then that ended up being correct. So, I say it's worth talking about.

It really feels like 99% of the people on here talking about him have only ever heard of him via other people who have never actually seen any of his content.
I would peruse the GameFAQs board at the time and see his posts. He seemed like an arrogant jackass to me.