• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
It might just be a guess

Literally everyone can claim $499 given specs and a random day in Nov 2020

Manta_Breh

May 16, 2018
500 usd?

arrogant sony is back. But honestly though, with the new technology/ssd .. Is it too hard to believe it might be 500 usd? I'm still hoping for a 399 price point.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Almost guaranteed it's a placeholder date in their system.

CrazyAndy

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
November and 499€/$ is expected. No idea about the specific date, though.

On the same day, the new Gran Turismo 7 game will also be released for PlayStation 5, as stated in the following Twitter message.

Nah...

Dimajjio

Oct 13, 2019
Think about it. They'll have locked down a specific date even a year ago. It takes time to work out all the logistics - finalizing software, chips, manufacture, shipping. All that needs a target date. You don't just go along and say "Oh it's done when it's done, let's choose next month to launch"

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
500 usd?

arrogant sony is back. But honestly though, with the new technology/ssd .. Is it too hard to believe it might be 500 usd? I'm still hoping for a 399 price point.
The more expensive, the better. I'd rather want an XB1X situation than a PS4 Pro. Higher price means better specs and build quality.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
We're a year away and they've already settled on the price of the thing and informed retailers in the process? Yeah that's a massive L.A. Noire 'doubt' from me.

CrazyAndy

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Who is this PSErebus anyway?

PSErebus reported a week ago that the Xbox Two release date is scheduled for November 6, 2020. If this information is correct, the Xbox 2 (Project Scarlett) will be available a little earlier than the PS5.

ByteCulture

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
500 usd?

It seems like the normal Launch Price for HD consoles. Xbox One X was 499 US Dollar in the beginning too.!

EDit: Xbox One X was 449 Dollar. But that doesnt make a big difference. In Germany it was 499 Euro.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
This "leak" came from PSErebus that everyone jumps on because they guessed the release date for TLOU2 right, however, both jason and zhuge have already leaked the february target by then so they just had to guess one friday, basically they got one thing right with 1/4 chance of being right, so yea i dont believe this account.
I am pretty sure also there were already posts from that account that were wrong already.

Jamie

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
There's doubt, but a November release and $500 price point isn't far-fetch.

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
I was literally looking at November 2020 on a calendar the other day and guessed the 20th was a likely PS5 release date. It's the last Friday before Black Friday, which is a common target.

It seems like the normal Launch Price for HD consoles. Xbox One X was 499 US Dollar in the beginning too.!
Only because they forced the Kinect into every box.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
i doubt sony even knows what price they want to sell it for sure and how much loss to take on it yet .

but i m sure november and 499 are safe bets

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Thought people in the first party thread found out PSErebus wasn't an insider it was just one of those kinds of fan that thinks they work for a company if they talk about them enough.

LCGeek

Oct 28, 2017
I honestly really hope Sony doesn't cheap out.

Their sticking in a good known ryzen cpu, a rdna gpu that is easily better than amd best mid range and good bit ram.

Its literally already the best PS on paper when compared contemporarily to other playstations vs systems of those ages.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Why would they announce this at E3, if they are apparently having a reveal event?

The date is probably just a good guess, based on prior releases.

Only because they forced the Kinect into every box.

The Xbox One X didn't have a forced Kinect. That was the standard Xbox One.

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Also lol, I'm guessing no one tried to get into his Twitter account, it's the ramblings of a mad man.

Let's be honest, it's probably ture, but not before he leaked, but because it's what all other rumours say and the most logical answer.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
inb4 people are crying about the price while carrying a 1000 dollar phone in their pocket

logash

Oct 27, 2017
A price and release date a year in advance? Nah. It's far to early for Sony to have a sure date and price.

Setsune

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
That's about the safest guess you could have. Right before Black Friday and everything.

500 usd?

$499 in 2019 isn't the same thing as $599 in 2006. Back then that was closer to asking $750. PS4 hit a nice sweetspot with launch pricing, but if you want them to make a decent jump ahead, they're probably going to have to go up in price a bit. Heck, just adjusting for inflation it'd only be a little over $50 price rise from PS4.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Theres no way they have a final price or date yet. It's too far out.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
inb4 people are crying about the price while carrying a 1000 dollar phone in their pocket

Very few people are paying $1000. Installment plans, monthly subs, etc offset the price of entry, which is something MS is doing with their upgrade pan and perhaps something Sony should consider too.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
11/20/2020 would be the date i see Xbox Scarlet releasing.

360 released on the 11/22/2005 and One release 11/22/2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.