• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Oooh, over the shoulder camera would make this a definite day 1 purchase for me, though I suppose isometric also wouldn't be a bad choice. As long as they avoid FPP I guess I'm in.

Oct 27, 2017
United States
the only reason they were fixed camera angles and prerendered backgrounds was due to tech limits. we have some really powerful machines now.
Then they should make a new game, not try and make a new game and resell it with the name of an old game.

If the reason they are making remake 2 is based on the success of remake hd, then they are completely throwing out the gameplay thst made that game sell. The tech limitations of the gamecube have nothing to do with this at all, nor does the year in which these are being made.

Remember, it's ONLY HAPPENING because the fixed camera tank controlling remake 1 sold soooo well just recently. Those same people arent going to buy this, or at least not for the same reasons.

Oct 25, 2017
Iirc there was word previously that Capcom is treating it like a full on big mainline project and the main RE team started working on it full on after development on RE7 finished.

Loving that, honestly. I was under the (mistaken, I guess) impression that Capcom basically had three priorities, and from highest to least important for RE was: Numbered series (Presumably an RE8, in first-person), then this project, and finally whatever side-stuff they occasionally put out (like the Revelations series). Up until now I felt like the difference in attention between the mainline series and the "other stuff" was considerable. At this point if you tried to convince me that RE2make was on nearly the same level of RE7 (minus the cost of the initial engine R&D and creation) I'd totally believe that.

Oct 27, 2017
I
Have you guys played a relative unknown old game called Cold Fear ?

The normal exploration perspective is a mix of fixed Dino Crisis style 3D perspectives and behind the character (depending on area)

But when you aim, it brings you to an OTS perspective.

Y'all think that might be suitable here ?

I would be fine with it if it was like this. Cold Fear was awesome.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh I really don't want character designs looking anything like Re7. I want the stylized look of the previous games.

Last edited:

Hibiki

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
If this is all true then no wonder we haven't seen anything yet. Sounds like they're putting a lot of work into this.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
If "stylised" means the camera angle dynamically changes to give cool shots then I will be happy with that even if it's over the shoulder most of the time. I just really, really, really do not want this game to be turned more into a straight up shooter than a survival horror game.

Deleted member 19533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Didn't SoTC do just that?
No, it gave a performance or resolution option. That being said, he's assuming the frame rate would be just above 30 on base hardware. If they're locking it down, it could very well be hovering in the high 40s to 50s on base, which would make it feasible. 60fps with a dynamic checkerboard.

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
All sounds great! I would've preferred fixed camera angles but a modified OTS view could do.

E3 is almost here!

Deleted member 1074

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Then they should make a new game, not try and make a new game and resell it with the name of an old game.

If the reason they are making remake 2 is based on the success of remake hd, then they are completely throwing out the gameplay thst made that game sell. The tech limitations of the gamecube have nothing to do with this at all, nor does the year in which these are being made.

Remember, it's ONLY HAPPENING because the fixed camera tank controlling remake 1 sold soooo well just recently. Those same people arent going to buy this, or at least not for the same reasons.

ye I guess it was successful made some profit but if your going to treat a remake with a nice budget your going to choose the style that has sold more units, at the end of the day these games are made to make profits. both square and capcom are in this mindset.

also remake was at a different time period we didnt even have over the shoulder back then in resident evil.

Deleted member 14735

Oct 27, 2017
OTS would be a huge disappointment. I guess it really is time to adjust expectations. The idea of a REmake 2 was too good to be true I guess.

~Fake

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The game's Camera will be an OTS View akin to Resident Evil 4 in mind but a bit "stylized" in execution , So I guess we will have to wait and see the game's first reveal to see what does " Stylized OTS Camera " means in motion.
Hope not. If so, I'm out.

Xaero Gravity

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The rivaling GOW graphics while still maintaining native 4K part has me skeptical. I'd love this to be true though.

Oct 28, 2017
OTS perspective turns this into a actiony shooty fest not a survival game
No. Just no. Guess what? If they wanted they could make it an actiony shooty fest with a fixed camera perspective. The camera has little bearing on it. It comes down to how they choose to design the game. With an over the shoulder perspective you can still have a slow paced survival horror game with limited action, limited ammo and resources.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds good to me. I don't think fixed camera was viable for any game that involves shooting in our current gen.

Malek

Feb 15, 2018
BETTER LOOKING THAN GOW?

FAKE NEWS!

tho it would be really cool if they somehow manage to surpass or at least match GOW visuals :)

{Marvelous}

Jan 2, 2018
I think I just wanted REmake 2, OTS if true will probably cancel my buy but I'll still give it a good look either way when the time comes.

~Fake

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If it's indeed OTS

giphy.gif
Oh the gaf vibes from some users...

Hope is fake just like my nick.