• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Aine

May 27, 2019
I guess it makes sense. The Looney Tunes alone haven't been a viable sell in a long time.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So what, this is the 5th "We have everything!" Universe Warner Bros is trying to set up?

- First they have The Lego Movie that they ran into the ground.
- Then they have Ready Player One which wanted to be all of your nostalgia in one VR Package.
- Supposably Scoob is going to be the Hanna Barbara Cinematic Universe.
- They are also doing the Funko Pop movie which is The Lego Movie take 2.

And now this as well?

Sad thing is they already perfected it with Lego. Then they oversaturated Lego.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
dcc0gpj-38e6897b-c7c6-4e51-bbef-ed6a807bc36b.png

BigMack

Oct 27, 2017
This crazy storyline (if its even real) is only acceptable if it has Swackhammer have an interaction with The Penguin, both voiced by Danny DeVito. Can even have a bonus appearance of his stripper character from Friends just sitting on the sidelines

marmalade

Nov 28, 2018
The Terence Nance version of this would've been the most insane WB film since Speed Racer. Sad we'll never see his vision.

Cross

Oct 25, 2017
So what, this is the 5th "We have everything!" Universe Warner Bros is trying to set up?

- First they have The Lego Movie that they ran into the ground.
- Then they have Ready Player One which wanted to be all of your nostalgia in one VR Package.
- Supposably Scoob is going to be the Hanna Barbara Cinematic Universe.
- They are also doing the Funko Pop movie which is The Lego Movie take 2.

And now this as well?

Sad thing is they already perfected it with Lego. Then they oversaturated Lego.
The Funko pop movie at least will have Marvel and Star Wars characters.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't WB already do this with one of the Lego movies? I seem to remember Joker teaming up with Voldemort and Sauron.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Yes. All because one man, Sean Cunningham, refuses to accept reality (Victor Miller owns the original movie script) and compromise. If the appeal court case rules against him as the original did he might try to have the Supreme Court rule on the case. Though I'm hoping he comes to his senses. I just want Jason in DBD.

What's interesting is that it seems like the Friday the 13th and Jason licenses are separate. Which I guess makes sense considering the Jason everyone knows didn't come into play until the sequel. But in the case, why would either of them have the rights to him? The way he looks and acts didn't come into play until the sequel, and he didn't get the mask until the third movie. And I don't think either of them were involved with those movies.

Oct 25, 2017
I got my roster down

Xena
Wonder Woman
Brock Samson
Garnet
Bugs Bunny
Daffy Duck
Lola Bunny
Buttercup
Scooby-Doo
The Mask
Gimli
Blade

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Since most kids these days probably don't know what the Looney Toons are sadly, I can see why they would go this route. Disappointing if true regardless.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
To be honest, I would want this to just have Danny Devito be the Penguin again.

SNRUB

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
So what are we expecting? A mod podge of Looney Tunes, Hanna-Barbera and DC characters playing one on one with aliens?

Didn't they already do this in another live action Looney Tunes movie? Had Brendan Fraser in it, I remember them encountering batman and other WB characters. I remember it being preeeetty bad though.
You're talking about Back in Action. That movie's failure is the sole reason why the Looney Tunes are nonexistent in today's world.

Space Jam, sucked, like it's REALLY bad, but it at least made some money. Back in Action, despite all its efforts trying pay homage to the cartoons, sucks even more.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
So, I have something to say about this.

Please do not run to public sources and post stuff your buddy told you. I know it's exciting. But these companies are *very* serious about secrecy and its probably not that hard to track down your online identity, and from there, figure out who your friend is, and fire them.

It's not cool, man.

Kevinception

Alt Account
Banned
Jan 18, 2020
I worked on this production in some sort of way... obviously don't want to get too specific...but most of the OP stuff is accurate.

the only thing I disagree with is the Loony Toon worry, there is plenty of Loony Toons in this movie. There is a reason the movie wrapped last year but isn't coming out till 2021

[edit]

Please do not run to public sources and post stuff your buddy told you. I know it's exciting. But these companies are *very* serious about secrecy and its probably not that hard to track down your online identity, and from there, figure out who your friend is, and fire them.

It's not cool, man.

hmm yea disregard my post lol

OP
OP
Durden

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

It's not cool, man.

I've gotten more info regarding projects plenty before. The only reason why I'm posting this particular info is that it has been advised by the source themself as being safe.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
... So they will probably be adding DC Superheroes and other stuff into the mix.

Oh-okay. I'm still interested. But my excitement is wavering.

alstrike

Banned
Aug 27, 2018
After reading this future train wreck I can say with total confidence "F*ck you Warner Bros"

OP
OP
Durden

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Naw it goes really deep. Even Goodfellas and Exorcist deep. Don't forget Game of Thrones is WB IP too (well at least in videogames)

Ah that's right, they mentioned GoT being in it too. Forgot about that cause I don't care for GoT.

Really awesome to hear about the Looney Tunes! If they want to fully tap into the nostalgia for the original, they need them prominently.

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'd rather a Looney Tunes only affair.

But I'm not gonna say no to Gollum dunking on Sub Zero.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
So did I somehow fall into an alternate universe where people were tricked into thinking Space Jan was good?

I know we're living in a Twilight Zone-ass hellscape but even this is a bit much.

JSevere

Oct 25, 2017
that's quite the direction to go in. hope the reason the original director left this wasn't because WB just wanted to use it as a vehicle to promote all of their IPs more than anything else

Rhomega

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
But will there be sexy Lola scenes?

This reminds me: when are those new Looney Tunes cartoons supposed to be coming out?

Deleted member 5127

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Animated 2D Harry Potter or Xena aren't the real ones tho, this sounds awful. The charm of the original was that real people met the actual Looney Tunes.

This is only going to work if it uses the original actors.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
90s were peak Looney Tunes, nowadays, kids only know the shitty Wabbit show that was on for a minute.