Status
Not open for further replies.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
The only thing I'm not crazy about is the uber violence, but otherwise, I'm so down for this.

Bathory

Dec 8, 2020
Dark Souls and Bloodborne are alongside Final Fantasy my favourites franchises, so is like a dream game for me...and Team Ninja has amazing devs, HYPE.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I hope it's harder than Nioh

0fc.gif

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
this will tell how Garland was knocked down

also guys, it isn't the mid 2000's and Nomura isn't just belts and zippers anymore. Hell, he designed a lot of cool oldschool FF designs and he probably knows what style fits this type of game. His redesigns of the older FF cast (pre playstation 1) in dissidia were all amazing

Zero-ELEC

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
Wouldn't be the first time:

xHkEE6T.png

PEpCXZZ.png

s0yvL5w.png
They very specifically changed the titles of those to Dimensions to avoid having the same name:

FinalFantasyDimensions-logo.png

FFDII.png

Which is why I was doubting the Final Fantasy Origin name, since they were very careful about that before, despite The Final Fantasy Legend and Final Fantasy Legends being different titles.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
I don't really mind the difficulty of Nioh.
I struggled more with the controls than I did with the game itself.
As long as they don't make me use and switch between different stances I think I'll be fine...

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Nioh was easy, what's all this about. Just blast everything with Onmyo/Jutsu buffs.

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019
Just to clarify with insiders, actual trailers of this and other games to be shown themselves didn't leak, just the assets like the logo and title and some information like the demo stuff? I would hate for the whole trailer to just drop early (genuinely lol)

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
I'd have wanted a less realistic style, BUT hearing Nomura's involved makes me very excited to see his designs: he's a great artist and designer when he's more restraint, and is very good at aping Amano's designs (funny, seeing how shit his redesigns based on his own work can be).

Wonder if this will have a fixed MC or a CaC one.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Same. Fuck my shit up

What I hope is that the game is balanced around the hardest difficulty and then just scales back from that.

I'll admit, I'll be a bit nervous by the time the alpha rolls around and there's going to be so many different opinions about difficulty and gameplay features flying around. Most of the changes from Nioh's alpha version were fine, but it definitely made it easier, too.

Those mooks in the Nioh alpha didn't play around, and you really had to be careful with stamina management.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Two things I hope for is no repetitive item management (as in, no duplicates or at least a system that's not annoying) and a good HUD, which I don't find Nioh to have.

Regarding visuals, TN has talented artists and modellers, so I'm excited to see what they do with Nomura's (hopefully more grounded and Amano-ish) designs, even if the graphixxx aren't 🔥

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
this will tell how Garland was knocked down

also guys, it isn't the mid 2000's and Nomura isn't just belts and zippers anymore. Hell, he designed a lot of cool oldschool FF designs and he probably knows what style fits this type of game. His redesigns of the older FF cast (pre playstation 1) in dissidia were all amazing

Yeah honestly Nomura's been knocking out of the park in the 2010's for the most part (with some exceptions like Materia).

Him discovering plaid was a godsend for his "modern" outfits

Rickyrozay2o9

Dec 11, 2017
I prefer the feel of dark soul games over nioh games personally but seeing as this is a FF spin off I rather it not play like either. Maybe more fluid like ninja garden if it's going action based.

Status
Not open for further replies.