• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 31, 2017
Reminds me of Kingsglaive Lunafreya

bXAQdGS.png
Not a fan of how Druggie Luna looked

Mesharey

Dec 7, 2017
Kuwait
I keep reading people say enemy variety in Nioh wasn't good, I assume they talk about Nioh 1, because Nioh 2 has so many different enemies, this is a 6:10 video and shows each enemy for like 2 seconds and doesn't cover the 3rd DLC which added even more enemies (around 10).

It doesn't show lesser enemies like skeleton warriors, humans and more too.

So, I wouldn't be worried, FF has a lot of enemies to choose from too.

Last edited:

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
really happy that it seems to be more nioh like cause I got tired of Dark Soul's storytelling and actually prefer the more straightforward plots in Nioh

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
"realistic" means different things to different people, but it doesn't look anime. Maybe even less anime than XVI overall.
Do you have any idea if we should expect fully customizable protagonist or someone set from the start? I would prefer someone who talks and has active role.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
The point is that it's not that weird lol. Square works with famous artists/musicians all the time with FF. Wouldn't be odd to see them work with other actors. Hell, FFXIV has multiple Game of Thrones actors.

there has never been anyone with a real life likeness in any of the FF games. I dunno why people would all of a sudden expect that to change. Yes, it would absolutely be 1000% weird

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Yo Anya would be sick if she's the protag. I'm expecting her to just be in the commercials for it like Tom Holland and Hannibal Buress with XIV though.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Nioh 2 has a very wide enemy variety. Certainly better than most games in the genre to be honest. It does recycle some from 1, but in total + the DLC enemies, the variety is very good, not at all like 1.

In fact Nioh 1 in terms of raw number had a lot of enemy types too, it's just that the pacing of them was off. They threw in all the enemy types at you too early, and then would repeat them for the rest of the game, instead of gradually introducing newer enemies.

The other issue was that they were just spamming a lot of the same enemy type, even in the same sections. Which didn't help when a lot of them (the various Yoki types, Amrita Fiends, etc.) all looked similar, had similar patterns and could be taken out in similar ways.

It just made the whole "front-loading" problem even worse.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
FF7R feels very much like Kingdom Hearts to me, and that's coming from someone who played them both in close proximity for the first time. Personally, my definition is a lot simpler. If you engage in real-time action combat, but that combat is supplemented by more traditional RPG systems, then it's an Action RPG.

That's a wild opinion to me. They feel so different. I've played a lot of Kingdom Hearts over the years(having played most games in the series at least 3+ times) and a lot of ARPGs in general, so maybe it's just more pronounced to me. I also went into 7R hoping it would play like Kingdom Hearts, so this sentiment is just doubly funny to me. The only things they really have in common are things that are not worth mentioning as comparisons (i.e using mp for spells/pressing button to attack, etc). Hell, the very basic reason for even doing your melee combo is already completely different between the two (main point of damage in KH/Build meter to use your actual skills/combos in 7R).

I really don't see it, but we see these games very differently clearly, so you do you, I suppose. Am glad people seem to enjoy the game so much even if it really didn't gel with me.

BlackJace

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
For the main games, yes. There was World of Final Fantasy which is basically Dragon Quest Monsters but for Final Fantasy and that's turn-based but that came out over 4 years ago.

I've just about given up on Final Fantasy at this point. Never bothered with FF15, FF16 (Final Fantasy May Cry) doesn't look very interesting, and I finished FF7 Remake more out of obligation than enjoyment. I love the Souls games (haven't played Nioh), but I don't trust anybody but FROM to do them properly and an edgy grimdark Final Fantasy holds no appeal to me.

I like the Bravely games, but they feel like the kind of portable-only spin-offs we'd get back in the Game Boy era.

I'm even getting nostalgic for FF13 at this point.
Preach. The franchise still has quality titles (looking at you FF14), and titles like Bravely are appreciated, but it's looking more and more like mainline FF ain't for me anymore.

Also, I've made a complete 180 on FFXIII over the years and actually find it a good, if not flawed FF experience. It felt like it was trying to be a JRPG :/

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Navtra Do you know if there's any truth to the last part of this tweet about Anya Taylor-Joy?

I really find this hard to believe given what Navtra has said about the budget (something along the lines of Automata, possibly a bit higher). Anya's one of the biggest actresses in Hollywood right now. She'd be quite costly to hire.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
I haven't followed everything.
Is this "the most comprehensive big event leak I've seen in years is currently happening behind-the-scenes"?

Status
Not open for further replies.