• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona

'Retail Uncle' Tamakichi/segamega99 who works in gaming wholesale in Japan has been tweeting about a new Nintendo console over last few days, implying Zelda, Mario and Splatoon on release, also hinting at a similar announcement date or launch window as PS5 Pro

"Switch PRO PS5 PRO

わーすごいすごい メーカー、問屋 ●●になるね。

Aistrithe ó Seapáinis Switch PRO PS5 PRO

Wow, beidh tú ag monarú iontach, mórdhíoltóir."

It's indecipherable but means something close to "You'll be manufacturing great (quantities?), wholesaler"

I'm aware from the famiboards some Nintendo YouTubers have already started claiming this is 'proof' Switch 2 is confirmed, it's not until it's been officially confirmed, we just have a case of a known insider now indicating they've been hearing things

Tom H mentioned 2024 for PS5 Pro previously:

www.resetera.com

[Insider Gaming] PlayStation 5 Pro is aiming for a holiday 2024 release Rumor

This article mostly talks about Sony Remote Play Portable Console. But I thought this part was interesting enough to have his own thread. https://insider-gaming.com/playstation-handheld/

Also the Zelda/Mario/Splatoon could be patches or remasters or "complete editions" for Zelda/Splatoon and probably a new entry in Mario 3D series; it should be noted that like a year ago I think Miyamoto mentioned the next Mario title after Odyssey

www.videogameschronicle.com

Miyamoto wants the next 3D Mario game to ‘further expand’ the series | VGC

The success of Odyssey convinced the designer that 3D games can appeal to a wide audience…

TonyBaduy

Oct 11, 2020
Mexico
It's not a Switch Pro if it doesn't even use the same architecture and needs Switch games to be ported to it to properly utilize the hardware, as in, it's a new gen. As for it releasing in 2023, one could hope, but there is no guarantee it won't release in 2024 or even 2025.

OP
OP
Angie

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
It's not a Switch Pro if it doesn't even use the same architecture and needs Switch games to be ported to it to properly utilize the hardware, as in, it's a new gen. As for it releasing in 2023, one could hope, but there is no guarantee it won't release in 2024 or even 2025.

No fucking way a switch pro this late.
I think Pro could mean more like DS --> 3DS

More powerful Switch with full BC

Falcon511

Oct 27, 2017
I actually wonder if Nintendo will make everyone buy Totk for Switch pro. Hopefully they will update the version you bought.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
Damn so a better/definitive version of TOTK at launch?? Plus Mario?! Ugh it's going to be so hard to find and I also hope they do a patch for switch TOTK.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
Every single translation of this tweet has claimed it to say something different from the other translations.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really eyeballing my Zelda OLED Switch pre-order right now.

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
After the release date announcement of the Xenoblade Chronicles 3 expansion in just a week and no new Nintendo software with release date confirmed after Pikmin 4 in July, a new Nintendo console announcement seems even more plausible, heck, even an announcement in Summer and release date in Holidays doesn't look so far fetched.

Having an entirely new generation being backwards compatible with huge Switch library is a winning formula. That thing could run the Switch dock profile in the portable one without any patches, out of the box, now imagine if they offer DLSS patches for their heavy hitters, damn, I really need to see that what Nintendo and Nvidia can bring with a new console.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
Damn so a better/definitive version of TOTK at launch?? Plus Mario?! Ugh it's going to be so hard to find and I also hope they do a patch for switch TOTK.
My hope is that they priced TOTK at $70 because we secretly have the Switch Pro version too. I assume they're going to be $70 games next gen so Nintendo is just prepping us.

Shoe

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
jeff-goldblum.gif

reksveks

May 17, 2022
The likely difference between a switch 2 and switch pro is literally a name change. I don't think Nintendo is going to crazy enough to break software support.

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
There's no "Switch pro", arter 7 or 8 years you'll get a successor

But this just seems like one of the "insiders" on "this time for real guys" copium.

If you keep saying a Nintendo game console will get a successor every year you will eventually be right!

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
There is simply no way they're gonna call it Switch Pro instead of Switch 2, unless they want another Wii U situation.

Terbinator

Oct 29, 2017
I've hardly played my Switch OG but if a PS5 Pro and Switch Pro/2 dropped at the same time I feel there's more to get from a new Switch than a PS5P.

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
My hope is that they priced TOTK at $70 because we secretly have the Switch Pro version too. I assume they're going to be $70 games next gen so Nintendo is just prepping us.
The new Zelda price is probably because it will came in a 32 GB cartridge, the first Nintendo title using them, but you're right, we can expect the new console games to be priced $70 because they will need to use 32 and 64 GB cartridges...

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
LMAO there will be some who will still deny the existence of the PS5 Pro even after it releases. Hopefully we start seeing talks about Series Z soon too.

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Just make it a Super Nintendo Switch. It's a new console in the switch family with full backwards compatibility and standalone software.

u_neek

Oct 28, 2017
I don't necessarily believe this rumor, but this November it will be 3 years since the PS5 launch, same gap as PS4 and PS4 Pro.
Good point. Maybe it's just the fact that this gen has been a slow burner in terms of new-gen experiences and we don't really need updated hardware.

Olinad

Oct 30, 2017

All of these $70 "conspiracies" are so US-centric, it's hilarious 😂
BotW was 70€ at the launch of the switch 6 years ago, same as most AAA games retail price for like 10 years. The US have been shielded from this for a long time, but it's just the natural course of things - I'm actually more surprised at how games were still that "cheap" compared to Europe for so long.

Doesn't mean that TotK may not have a Switch 2 update ready for when the new console comes around, but it's not going to be a the reason of the price increase in just a single market 😅

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
All of these $70 "conspiracies" are so US-centric, it's hilarious 😂
BotW was 70€ at the launch of the switch 6 years ago, same as most AAA games retail price for like 10 years. The US have been shielded from this for a long time, but it's just the natural course of things - I'm actually more surprised at how games were still that "cheap" compared to Europe for so long.

Doesn't mean that TotK may not have a Switch 2 update ready for when the new console comes around, but it's not going to be a the reason of the price increase in just a single market 😅
It's just a strange choice when every Switch game has been $60 and even games after TOTK are $60. It's a strange outlier than can be most likely attributed to the 32gb game card or a fun conspiracy.

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019
The Zelda/Mario/Splatoon part was just speculation of his.
"I was expecting these three series to be part of the launch releases, but with Tears of the Kingdom coming soon, I wonder what's the real timing of the next gen hardware."
He's basically wondering what Switch 2 will launch with (and when) as Nintendo already released a few possible launch titles on Switch.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
Couldn't be a month in 2023 without a Switch Pro rumor! However I would love to either see a Switch 2 / Pro in 2024 for sure.. I couldn't finish Bayonetta due to performance issues and there's no way I'm playing Zelda on docked mode on my LG G2.

Right now the option is to play portable

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
Switch Pro this late would just force devs to continue making games for the old Switch. An endless crossgen with lots of struggling Switch games...

After so many years, a clean break would be better.

rubidium

Oct 25, 2017
"I was expecting these three series to be part of the launch releases, but with Tears of the Kingdom coming soon, I wonder what's the real timing of the next gen hardware."
He's basically wondering what Switch 2 will launch with (and when) as Nintendo already released a few possible launch titles on Switch.
Yes this post describes what he really said the best.

OP
OP
Angie

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Can I use this on the OP

HMS_Pinafore

Oct 25, 2017
Straya M8
Splatoon 3 is still getting updates for another year. So I'm not really sure what Splatoon game would be available at launch. A port of a game still receiving updates? 4? A spinoff?
So this isn't actually a leak, rather it's just someone thinking out loud?

Madao

Avalanche's One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Panama
ignoring the fact this is 99% another hoax, at this point calling it "Switch Pro" would be a mistake if it's a new gen. people have been trained to consider "Pro" revisions as just upgrades over the current gen.
the PS4 Pro wasn't the PS5 and the PS5 Pro won't be the PS6.

(unless nintendo is lunatic enough to make an actual Pro revision this late but it's still a wait and see scenario)