Jackano

Oct 27, 2017
Okay has this guy ever leaked anything or is he just speculating like the rest of us? Cause it sounds like the second

Definitely sounds like an educated guess from a cashier

Edit: How do I even makes myself looks like a leaker? I could use an extra 1-2k followers on twitter. Even if I said a long time ago on the other forum that Switch will be powered by Nvidia, while everyone was talking Polaris lol

Li Kao

Oct 25, 2017
Most probably patches for Mario Zelda and Splatoon to use the power of the Pro. There is no timeline where Nintendo splurges as much iconic iterations at the same time.
Which is good, because I still hope for 2023, unlikely as it is, and this would nuke that hypothesis from high orbit.

Midas

Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to the PS5 Pro more and more. My friend will get my old PS5, that'll make him happy.

DC5remy

Jan 20, 2018
Denver co
jeff-goldblum.gif

Haha. This got me for real.

Oct 25, 2017
Everybody get your threads & articles ready for publishing, a random person said something entirely speculative about the Switch Pro again.

it never ends

graemebuchan

Mar 29, 2019
I'm hoping for an annoucement of a new Switch Pro/2/Super Switch during the Nintendo Live event in September, with a global release around March 2024 to mirror how the original Switch was shown then released. Means i can upgrade to an OLED now from my launch Switch and get at least a year out of it before a new one arrives :)

Oct 27, 2017
That would be the ultimate pain, finally switch pro but as something thst extends switch gen way too long. Hopefully it's just 2 if true.

Just don't see the purpose in ps5 pro but they're selling like hotcakes, might as well make even more profit I guess

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
I feel bad for developers that need to develop games for, and possibly offer 2 modes (performance/quality):
PS5, PS5Pro, Series S, X, X pro...
And that's not even taking last gen into account (which hopefully will be dropped soon)

OP
OP
Angie

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona

Yata

Feb 1, 2019
Spain
A Switch Pro doesn't make any sense. Whatever Nintendo's next console is, it will be the official succesor.

Oct 27, 2017
I feel bad for developers that need to develop games for, and possibly offer 2 modes (performance/quality):
And that's not even taking last gen into account (which hopefully will be dropped soon)
I think having a significantly bigger audience to purchase and play their games makes it worth it, otherwise they would just use the latest system, so I don't necessarily "feel bad"

Devilgunman

Oct 27, 2017

I think there is possibility that dev will drop Series S support altogether, or just not release games on Xbox at all and instead releasing on Windows/PC GamePass.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
I'm confused, the factory-gramps doesn't say "Switch Pro" just new hardware from Nintendo... so why is everyone focused on a "Switch Pro" that obviously doesn't exist?

Jul 26, 2018
I'm not touching base Switch or Switch 1 version of ToTK with a 10ft pole. I'll wait to play it in 4k 60 on the succ

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
I hope the Switch 2 looks like the white New 3DS. Still my favorite looking Nintendo handheld.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
It's possible that it will be a proper successor but still be named Switch Pro. Kinda like GameBoy Classic and GameBoy Advance. A complete new console but still same playstyle and full BC. OG Switch will get a new dumbed down and cheaper release as the new entry console.
I think Switch 2 would be the best choice to ensure people don't mistake the new console as a upgrade. If they want to use Switch and a word, then it should be Switch Advance. Switch Pro is to similar to PS4 Pro imo.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
I'm ready to see what a PS5 Pro can do, why not.

Switch 2 is a must at this point, because switch is a very old consoles. PS5 Pro isn't really needed imo, unless RDNA4 (if PS5 uses that) delivers a unprecedented jump in RT and ML.
I do agree with this. Its not really needed. I think it can give some extra oomph to PSVR 2 games tho.

jungius

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Sep 5, 2021
all rumor about switch 2 and ps5 pro but is there info about series pro? I want to upgrade my series s soon

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
I think there is possibility that dev will drop Series S support altogether, or just not release games on Xbox at all and instead releasing on Windows/PC GamePass.

I doubt it to be honest. Like DominicanGlory said, they must have a clause of sorts for games to be released on both consoles. It's a shame because I cannot imagine the Series S holding up later in the gen, and assume one has to give up: either the console or the games.

Also if I were to be a Series S owner I'd be infuriated that I cannot play current gen games, since the Series S is marketed as a next gen device. It would be disastrous from a PR perspective.

Deleted member 15395

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Switch 2 news are not really interesting at this point, we all know its coming. But smoke surrounding PS5Pro is interesting, I can't for the life of me figure out why sony thinks they need one...

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
Do you guys think digital downloads will transfer to switch pro or have enhanced backwards compatibility?