Status
Not open for further replies.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
What a thrill...
With darkness and silence through the night...

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
I wonder if this is actually legit (Virtuos having posting a tease and remove it).

Would be awesome if true, sooner with see this the better.

My favorite MGS game, I really hope they don't fuck this up.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
SelfreliantYearlyBarb-size_restricted.gif

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
I played the first three MGS games for the first time in the past year. I love to dive back into gaming history and try to imagine how a game at the time pushed the medium forward, and you can see with each of MGS 1-3 how it accomplished that feat. MGS3 was great and I'd take remakes for all of the titles. But I don't have a functioning PS3 anymore and more than anything I hope Konami finds a way to port MGS4 to modern consoles, as it cannot even be streamed anymore. I really want to continue with the series and emulation is only a second-best option in this case.

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
Konami are so weird, man. They remake SH2 first and now MGS3 first. As someone who's never played a MGS game ever I would've rather started with the original.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Konami are so weird, man. They remake SH2 first and now MGS3 first. As someone who's never played a MGS game ever I would've rather started with the original.
For Silent Hill, they didn't specifically go in with the mindset to remake Silent Hill 2, just Bloober submitted a pitch for a SH2 Remake that Konami liked & approved. I don't know the MGS situation as well as I know the Silent Hill one, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was similar.

Baku

Jan 24, 2018
This is the one you want. And then get sad when we never get a worthy sequel, just like the rest of us have been.

Cant wait for this! (if they dont fck it up)

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I'd love if, assuming MGS3 does well, they do the entire series in chronological order.

Nov 2, 2018
I played the first three MGS games for the first time in the past year. I love to dive back into gaming history and try to imagine how a game at the time pushed the medium forward, and you can see with each of MGS 1-3 how it accomplished that feat. MGS3 was great and I'd take remakes for all of the titles. But I don't have a functioning PS3 anymore and more than anything I hope Konami finds a way to port MGS4 to modern consoles, as it cannot even be streamed anymore. I really want to continue with the series and emulation is only a second-best option in this case.

MGS3 is my favourite game ever - I would love to give this a go.

I'm a fan that also has the perspective that even if it's terrible - the OG isn't going anywhere. Let's go!

The Bookerman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Friendly reminder: Virtuos Ported/remade Batman Arkham Asylum/Arkham city for PS4/XB1 on UE4.
It was terrible.

Keep your expectations in check.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Please be good, if this and the SH2 Remake are not good it will be sad to see Konami's big comebacks fall apart.

RobbRivers

Jan 3, 2018
If it is a metal gear remake, hope it is f***ng multiplatform. I'm tired of exclusives ala ps2 era…

shancake

Managing Editor ‑ Press Start
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm. Investigating, but the video in the teaser is the same one featured here:

www.instagram.com

Quixel on Instagram: "We are thrilled to announce the latest release of Megascans Trees: European Hornbeam. 🍃 Now available to download for @UnrealEngine 5, Megascans Trees are ready to use right out of the box and can simply be dragged and dropped

4,314 likes, 88 comments - quixelofficial on October 17, 2022: "We are thrilled to announce the latest release of Megascans Trees: European Hornbeam. 🍃 Now available to download for @UnrealEngine 5...".

Firmus_Anguis

AVALANCHE
Oct 30, 2017

www.instagram.com

Quixel on Instagram: "We are thrilled to announce the latest release of Megascans Trees: European Hornbeam. 🍃 Now available to download for @UnrealEngine 5, Megascans Trees are ready to use right out of the box and can simply be dragged and dropped

4,314 likes, 88 comments - quixelofficial on October 17, 2022: "We are thrilled to announce the latest release of Megascans Trees: European Hornbeam. 🍃 Now available to download for @UnrealEngine 5...".
So as expected, this game also uses UE5? So... Current-gen only seems likely.

Good.

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
Curious to see if it is a 1:1 remake or if we are getting MGSV level controls and movement.

Javier23

Oct 28, 2017
It would be so very Konami to cheap out on a remake of one of the greatest games of all time.
I mean, the remakes of both MGS3 (Virtuos) and SH2 (Bloober) have been outsourced to studios that aren't exactly some of the biggest out there, or known for having put out the greatest stuff. Same goes for all their new original SH titles. It doesn't have to mean anything and we might see some cool stuff (very high hopes for Nocode), but this is all very budget conscious, to say the least.

Red Ogre

Jul 19, 2019
Under the box, Madrid
I'd love if, assuming MGS3 does well, they do the entire series in chronological order.
I'm ok with that as long as the next games are remakes of MG and MG2:SS, and not PW and V.

www.instagram.com

So this pretty much confirms the leak is fake. Damn it.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017

www.instagram.com

Good dig-up!

Sebalt

Oct 28, 2017

www.instagram.com

Well, pack it up.

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
So, what would we even want in an MGS3 remake anyway?

The game is nearly perfect as-is. The only thing I can think of is maybe being able to set up "camouflage presets" for different environments to cut down on the amount of time you spend in menus.

Status
Not open for further replies.