Status
Not open for further replies.

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
As welcome as this would be I'd think a MGS1 remake would be preferable, and a rerelease of some kind especially for MGS4

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why would Geoff show off a MGS remake after he helped start the whole #fuckonami thing? Then again, his show is all about squeezing money

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
Also Remaking the first game would be something similar to Remaking FF7.
Far far more work than remaking the PS2 games

What do you mean? Metal Gear Solid is actually quite a short game by modern standards, so short that most of its setting was able to be remade as just one of five locations in MGS4. Are you talking more about how the gameplay and balance would need to be hugely revamped? Because that I would agree with.

J 0 E

Oct 27, 2017
drake-pointing.gif

OP
OP
Angie

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
What do you mean? Metal Gear Solid is actually quite a short game by modern standards, so short that most of its setting was able to be remade as just one of five locations in MGS4. Are you talking more about how the gameplay and balance would need to be hugely revamped? Because that I would agree with.
But to remake it in a more modern way, would have to make the game from the ground up.
Or would end up like a game like Twin Snakes that is broken and easy.

Unless people are ok with a game that is played in the same perspective.

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm, would Hayter come back for a remake? I'm not up to date with his relationship with the series these days. Or maybe they'd keep the original audio?

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
But to remake it in a more modern way, would have to make the game from the ground up.
Or would end up like a game like Twin Snakes that is broken and easy.

Unless people are ok with a game that is played in the same perspective.

Yeah, I'm with you there. A pure graphical remake would be nice but too simple, and something more modern and expanded would need to somehow change a huge number of things yet also remain faithful. That's a very difficult needle to thread.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Given that the video turned out to be fake, locking as requested by OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.