SchroDingerzat

One Winged Slayer
Sep 24, 2018
m.youtube.com

Bleach Anime Might Be In BIG Trouble...

Bleach Anime Might Be In BIG Trouble...So who will get the Bleach Anime Licence Crunchyroll or Disney..As hesitant as I am for making this video, I think it'...

Only heard it about it here, but he is not the source of the rumour. It's interesting as it lines up with the DisneyPlus push into Anime.

Honestly don't think this is a bad thing. I honestly can't stand the Crunchyroll app and find it very user unfriendly. Also a bidding war means more money for the studios involved.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I hope they are bidding on who doesn't get it

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
The big issue here is that it likely means Bleach Blood War arc will end up like Summer Time Rendering. For those who don't know Disney+ has STR and hasn't uploaded a single episode yet despite 7 airing on Japanese tv.

I'd rather take that than have Netflix ruin my JJBA part 6 with the way its airing

It's literally the same shit

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised Crunchyroll is able to keep up in this case, but I guess that's the Sony acquisition putting in work. Typically Amazon and Netflix would just blow everyone else away with wads of cash when it came to whatever they wanted.

EDIT: That video is unbearable lol. So. Much. Waffling.

OP
OP
SchroDingerzat

SchroDingerzat

One Winged Slayer
Sep 24, 2018
Imagine bidding for Bleach

I have a soft spot for it, was my first real shonen anime.

The big issue here is that it likely means Bleach Blood War arc will end up like Summer Time Rendering. For those who don't know Disney+ has STR and hasn't uploaded a single episode yet despite 7 airing on Japanese tv.

Bleach is a little bigger and is by the looks of it getting more money spent on it. So hopefully will be simulcast.

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
m.youtube.com

Bleach Anime Might Be In BIG Trouble...

Bleach Anime Might Be In BIG Trouble...So who will get the Bleach Anime Licence Crunchyroll or Disney..As hesitant as I am for making this video, I think it'...

Only heard it about it here, but he is not the source of the rumour. It's interesting as it lines up with the DisneyPlus push into Anime.

Honestly don't think this is a bad thing. I honestly can't stand the Crunchyroll app and find it very user unfriendly. Also a bidding war means more money for the studios involved.
Then what's the real source?

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Disney+ has been quietly obtaining more anime series. In Japan, they actually have Made in Abyss

QdsGiaN.jpg

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I was wondering where people were watching Summer Time Rendering. Now I know just on pirate sites with fan subs.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
Disney and Netflix have been locking up quite a bit of animes.

honestly, fuck these Netflix/Disney jails. I hope Crunchy gets it.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Disney pushing into anime but they can't even secure the Ghibli movies they did dubs for

Rijapega

Banned
Dec 23, 2019
I don´t understand why big streaming companies don´t get that with anime they have to release it weekly, that´s just how people consume it.

Look at what happened to Jojo, there was no hype for the new season. Also Shaman King. Netflix killed its hype.

OP
OP
SchroDingerzat

SchroDingerzat

One Winged Slayer
Sep 24, 2018
Then what's the real source?

He doesn't name his source, but I have seen a couple others on Twitter mention this so it seems the source might have been talking to a couple of people.

Disney pushing into anime but they can't even secure the Ghibli movies they did dubs for

They still hold the Japanese rights oddly enough for DVDs etc. But they should of never let Ghibli go, nor should they have let go of Miramax. Both would be a boon for their streaming service now.

Strandr

Oct 12, 2019
The TV app is so god damn garbage. It buffers every 15-20 seconds for no reason at all

On my Fire TV Cube the app never buffers correctly, even when on wired connection
But the Xbox app works flawlessly, if you have multiple Crunchyroll available devices would recommend testing around you might have a better option with a different device

Saladin

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 27, 2021
On my Fire TV Cube the app never buffers correctly, even when on wired connection
But the Xbox app works flawlessly, if you have multiple Crunchyroll available devices would recommend testing around you might have a better option with a different device
On PC and Laptop its great of course but the TV app is absurd

Might give it a try on PS5 if there's one or just fire up the X1X. Thanks for the tip

machtia

Oct 29, 2017
I don´t understand why big streaming companies don´t get that with anime they have to release it weekly, that´s just how people consume it.

Look at what happened to Jojo, there was no hype for the new season. Also Shaman King. Netflix killed its hype.
Hype doesn't necessarily achieve their goals for their service. Is there any indication Stone Ocean made less money because of Netflix's distribution model?

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Hope crunchyroll gets it so it'll be on netflix in my region. Disney+ app over here is pretty shitty.

Incubuster

Oct 30, 2017
I haven't been into Bleach in a very very long time. But I was unaware of Disney's intent to release anime, so that's pretty cool. I do not like the crunchy roll app.

pbayne

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
i get that video needs a clickbaity title but it aint "Big trouble" to have a bidding war for it.

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
I assume some of the D+ jail titles would land on Hulu in the US. Even with the mature content setting added to D+, I doubt they'd want them associated with their brand here. Summertime Rendering is pretty dark, to say nothing of the deeply problematic and creepy MiA.

OP
OP
SchroDingerzat

SchroDingerzat

One Winged Slayer
Sep 24, 2018

Netflix doesn't like weekly releases. Hell I bet it was a tough pill for them to swallow releasing Better Call Saul weekly. It's all about the binge, which is also linked to why they also cancel a lot of shows.

Hype doesn't necessarily achieve their goals for their service. Is there any indication Stone Ocean made less money because of Netflix's distribution model?

I doubt we will ever find out regardless.

i get that video needs a clickbaity title but it aint "Big trouble" to have a bidding war for it.

It's a really dumb title, which is why I didn't use it in the thread title.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
My main concerned about Disney getting this are the retention of the prior English dub cast as well as being uploaded weekly.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Disney wants anime?

If I recall, they heavily censored Naruto when they had it on Disney XD