BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
I feel like Apocalypse needs a heavier duty actor for the role, as in someone of a higher prestige, similar to how Josh Brolin was for Thanos. Brolin going into that role made so much sense, you felt his presence even before you saw Thanos in action. Perfect casting.

Apocalypse needs similar treatment and this dude ain't it.

Someone with more presence certainly, rather than Muscles Mcgee. Whoever it is is going to be drenched in prosthetics and CG so physical stature shouldn't matter all that much.

t67443

Oct 30, 2017
The dude just plays the same characters in his movies and has that dumb clause that he can never lose a fight. I was tired of him after the Rampage movie. I'll be glad when Hollywood moves on to someone new.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
Isn't this guy known to be difficult to work with? I would think Marvel if all companies would want to avoid as much drama as possible.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
Oh so that's who Giancarlo Esposito is playing. Marvel must've leaked this BS to throw people off.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Can we just get Oscar Isaac again? I know he plays Moon Knight now, but we can double dip, right?

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
Lmao no. I mean I hope not. Apoc should be played by a great actor. You have to have tremendous talent to not make En Sabah Nur look like a fat blue clown.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
If it's a Variant of whatever (ugh), whatever, but as the main Apocalypse, nah. It's capeshit, sure, but I still need someone with more gravitas.

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017
Why? The guy is such a self absorbed dick he's on his way to performing a reverse prolapse and disappearing up his own ass entirely. He's supposedly a pita to work with, can't act for shit and has very much devolved into one of those people you've seen enough of for a lifetime. I'd very likely skip it just to avoid him
This. Plus his cachet must be super high.
If you want a tough guy that also seems like a decent person, Alan Ritchson is a fit.

StreetsAhead

Sep 16, 2020
I doubt it and I doubt that they're already looking to bring in Apocalypse when they haven't even introduced the X-Men yet.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
It would be an amazing miscast, that I find it hard to believe

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
Marvel is really good at casting so there's no way he'll be Apocalypse.

Also why is Apocalypse hidden behind spoiler tags? Characters are not spoilers.

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This. Plus his cachet must be super high.
If you want a tough guy that also seems like a decent person, Alan Ritchson is a fit.
Alan would be a monumental leap over Dwayne. Don't get me wrong I'm sure he still has his fans, he must have some draw to keep pulling in deals, but yeah I'm very over him. His range is basically playing himself though so I'm kind of amazed he's grabbed as many roles as he did.

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
I mean, other than the obvious "The Rock sucks" stuff, doesn't he also have a contract clause where he doesn't allow himself to be seen to lose on screen?

Feels like it might be an issue if you want to cast him in a villain role.

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
I mean, other than the obvious "The Rock sucks" stuff, doesn't he also have a contract clause where he doesn't allow himself to be seen to lose on screen?

That's usually negotiated per film and the Rock's star power is falling fast enough that he's not going to be able to make those kinds of demands anymore in the near future.

glaurung

Oct 26, 2017
Estonia

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ignoring who The Rock is as a person, he doesn't have the range required to play Apocalypse.

7cab0f767ba41540a3bb03464e5e98c8.jpg

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
That's usually negotiated per film and the Rock's star power is falling fast enough that he's not going to be able to make those kinds of demands anymore in the near future.

Interesting! Haven't been keeping up with the ins and outs because I've never really been a big fan of his acting work but I suppose it means this could be possible (for better or worse)

They'll just make him lose off-screen, Poochie-went-home style.

Cosmic MCU by any means necessary

MrChocolate

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Wasn't he beated very badly in one of the Fast movies?

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Post credit MCU X-Men gonna have Apocalypse shaking hands with newly revived Thanos for some reason.

Oct 27, 2017
🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

The guy has no range as an actor and plays a variant of his own narcissistic ass in every film.