Status
Not open for further replies.

MrChocolate

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Sony doing something smart…? Wut? Did I hit my head or something? What is next? Puppeteer or Tokyo Jungle in PS5? Or Folklore? Naaa… too much to ask.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
I don't like the idea of a shadow drop because it reduces the chance of there being a physical version.

Then again Sony is the publisher so there's a pretty good chance there'll still be a physical version anyway.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Dope, in day 1. These games are so good. That remake was also done very well so I'm all in.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I know people complain about how it plays, but I don't know how you want it to play either.
Medievil just plays how it plays. I can't think of a game I would call a "modern Medievil" (besides a slight influence ala Pumpkin jack, but that game also feels influenced by Maximo.)
I guess if someone has an example to share that would help.

I mean, I also have nostalgia for it, but it feels right to me, you're like a gangly skeleton who was never actually a soldier, flailing about trying your best to survive.
People just wanted it to be a Soulsborne, which was like completely missing the point of the franchise lol.
A MediEvil 3 would definitely need to polish the combat, but Sir Dan's whole deal is that he's useless, so you basically need to make bad, sloppy combat feel good.

j7vikes

Definitely not shooting blanks
Jan 5, 2020
Stop feeding fake insiders.

This place can't help it. Obsessed with leakers. I mean the link describes the dude as an "alleged" playtester which is a frankly insane phrase to even type. And he's also a Discord member which I guess is important to know. I wouldn't be surprised to find out he also has an email and cell phone and when you add all that together he might as well own Sony.

Last edited:

AudioEppa

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This must be Jim having a good laugh after being gone. I await twitch chat's reaction if this shit is actually true lol

amara

Nov 23, 2021
These are the sales until January 2020:

medievil-remake-sales-up-to-january-2020-v0-hdrjt3vjze7c1.jpeg
500k in its first 3 months is pretty similar to Returnal. I'm assuming it's much cheaper to develop as well

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Please be true. I love this series and we literally have five different ways to play 1 but only one for 2, all the way back on an actual PS1.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
This place can't help it. Obsessed with leakers. I mean the link describes the dude as an "alleged" playtester which is a frankly insane phrase to even type. And he's also a Discord member which I guess is important to know. I wouldn't be surprised to find out he also has an email and cell phone and when you add all that together he might as well own Sony.

Counterpoint: it's just a rumor, so maybe relax?
Especially since it's something highly specific that'll be confirmed or deconfirmed soon enough.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
I'd buy that in a heartbeat. The remake of the first game is great and I never played the sequel.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
I waited out the first remake until it was like $20 or something and had a really great time with it. I won't hold out again this time, day 1

JediMPG

Avenger
Jan 6, 2019
GR2 Remaster I believe only because of the PlayStation Productions pattern we've been seeing. But the same dude saying Medievil 2 remake and shadowdropped makes me doubt him now...

Robotoboy

Banned
Oct 7, 2018
Tulsa, OK
Look, I'm always here for a return to Playstations AA weirdo game roots. So I will be there no matter what. 2 was fun. Hope they drop Um Jammer Lammy remake in the future at some point!

Winston1

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Few new things from someone on a MediEvil discord that spoke to the source:

The guy never said it was going to be shadow dropped, that was twisted on his vague post. It's just going to be announced, and he's not even certain if it will be in May but it is 100% happening.

He says that Dan's voice will be re-dubbed to be like it is in MediEvil 1 and that it is not a 1:1 remake like the 2019 was.

It will also probably cost $70 and will not be a budget title like the MediEvil 1 remake.

Another guy said he talked to someone who talked to people from XDev and they confirmed that it is happening, but may be shown at a later showcase.

ket

Jul 27, 2018

The guy never said it was going to be shadow dropped, that was twisted on his vague post. It's just going to be announced, and he's not even certain if it will be in May but it is 100% happening.

He says that Dan's voice will be re-dubbed to be like it is in MediEvil 1 and that it is not a 1:1 remake like the 2019 was.

It will also probably cost $70 and will not be a budget title like the MediEvil 1 remake.

Another guy said he talked to someone who talked to people from XDev and they confirmed that it is happening, but may be shown at a later showcase.
So sony is probably gonna charge $70 for the remake sequel to a 67 MC game? And the sequel to this game will have an even bigger budget?

And one part of this rumor involves someone who spoke to someone who spoke to someone in XDev?

Uh huh ok

Twohearts

Feb 8, 2024
Straya
I just want Sony to bring literally any of their dead series back, so I would be happy with this.
Ape Escape or Sly would be cooler though

L11ghtman

Jan 19, 2022
MediEvil is great, you people don't know anything about video games. -.-
It is great... it's just, in 2024, not really the most compelling experience, and not really the game they should be focusing their remake energy on, IMO. Especially when their release schedule is so dry. I seriously can't believe how slow this phase of the console release cycle has been.

IonMagus

Banned
Feb 18, 2021

Yeah so this is 100% Fake haha

j7vikes

Definitely not shooting blanks
Jan 5, 2020
Counterpoint: it's just a rumor, so maybe relax?
Especially since it's something highly specific that'll be confirmed or deconfirmed soon enough.

I'm not stressed about it or anything but we ask people in all the other areas of the forum to at least try and put some thought into the source so I don't know why we wouldn't want to do the same thing here? I mean at the minimum you don't find "alleged play tester" to be a hilarious thing to give the impression a person knows a lot.

Last edited:

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020

So it's probably fake :(

tomofthepops

Oct 27, 2017
The fact that other ocean is still in business despite refunding everyone for that walking dead game and just releasing one other tiny game in the last 5 years leads me to believe that this could be true. I don't see how the lights are still on unless someone has been bankrolling a project for quite a while.

Wishbone Ash

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Michigan

MarcelloF

"This guy are sick"
Dec 9, 2020
I hope they don't change the gameplay too much. The reason I'm on my way to getting my third Medievil Platinum is because I enjoy the simplicity of it.

Winston1

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Will say what I said on discord: if this is real, I cannot fathom how a MediEvil 2 remake would not be a budget title. The game itself isn't even nearly as popular or known as MediEvil 1. The only possible explanation would be that Sony wants to use it as a tie-in for the rumored movie/tv show.

Last edited:

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
I don't know shit and maybe it has some unimaginable design changes/astounding gameplay additions... but I don't see this doing particularly well at $70.

Me neither. I don't see Sony producing such remakes if the games are not relatively cheap to develop.
If they'd release this at full price, it would bomb hard. In the end of the day, Medievil is far from being as popular as something like Final Fantasy 7
or Resident Evil 4.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
Only way I see this making sense is if they turned it into a Bloodborne or something.

Winston1

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Sounds about right lol.

Welp, at least hold onto hope for a re-release on the Classics store.

Status
Not open for further replies.