StraySheep

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Oct 26, 2017
They're not showing any AAA game that they didn't show last year (and people already complained about that) as they can't really talk about their other big AAA titles beyond DS, TLOU and GOT, since they're most likely all for PS5, which they aren't talking about more than a year in advance.

So instead of going there and spending money and setting expectations too high for new stuff, they do this, which I'm fine with if that's the alternative and this is temporary (we'll see).

We'll still be getting nice 3rd party stuff at Microsoft's and it's not like we'd be getting, say, Horizon 2 this E3 had Sony decided to go.

It makes logical sense but it is still just a bummer, you know?

If they have another E3 2018, people will complain. Again.

Oh gosh that would definitely be a mess.

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Sorry, I'm not entirely up to date, but is there some event scheduled for Wednesday, like a State of Play? Or are we just expecting them to drop this out of nowhere?

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People shouldn't be surprised about the release date being dropped out of nowhere. Didn't the same happen to TLoU 1, Uncharted 3 and 4? Actually I even remember Uncharted 3 being announced out of nowhere.

Drifters_

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Clearly misdirection for Respawn announcing Titanfall 3 exclusively for PS5. Either way, my hype meter is ready!

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
i feel like this is the first time ive seen rumor spelled rumour lol.

Yog-Sothoth

Oct 1, 2018
If this is true Sony won E3 without being there.

And if TLOU2 releases this year it might be the easiest GOTY in a long time.

Dragon's Game

Alt account
Banned
Apr 1, 2019
I'm hyped, but does anyone else feel like they should of went with a brand new cast of characters in TLOU 2

I felt like Joel and Ellie's story ended with the first game, and they should of went in a brand new location with a new set of characters

ElliesKnife

Apr 7, 2018
I'm hyped, but does anyone else feel like they should of went with a brand new cast of characters in TLOU 2

I felt like Joel and Ellie's story ended with the first game, and they should of went in a brand new location with a new set of characters
Neil Druckmann said that they thought about the possibility, but realized that TLOU is Joel and Ellie, and without them, it would be a different game.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017

Will depend on how it goes for me, but I'd take another great Joel and Ellie story over a great story with all new people, somewhere else if given the choice, they can do that in the future if they want.
I am worried it'll ruin the amazing ending of TLoU though.

Dragon's Game

Alt account
Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Neil Druckmann said that they thought about the possibility, but realized that TLOU is Joel and Ellie, and without them, it would be a different game.
true, I understand that...but its the inherent problem with sequels that I like to call the "Skywalker problem"

The idea that the central events of a universe take place around these certain few characters. Sometimes it works like in more fantastical games like Metal Gear or Devil May Cry where Snake and Dante are unique characters compared to the rest of the population. So having the narrative centered on them is fine

but in more realistic universes, I feel like its a bigger problem

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017

Nah...doesn't work well for Life is Strange 2, won't work well here too.

Bosch

Banned
May 15, 2019
I really doubt that if it was true we would have a PS State of Play

Sony said nothing so...

Oct 25, 2017
Partially.

I do think it being Nintendo is a big part of it though.

Sure, not discounting that.

Sony just has a tendency to half ass shit.

Like, what would be wrong in saying "State of Play This Thursday- Get a 10 minute look at Last of Us 2"

It would get people excited, and give people enough time to get reactions up and stream it live altogether.

They'll probably drop it on some random ass day and put up a tweet or something.

If you don't invest in something and make it a big deal, it will never be one.

aKrkr1b.png
Sony snapped! We don't need e3 to build hype!

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
And yet people trip over themselves every time Nintendo announces a direct for literally everything.
People will trip over themselves for more TLoU 2 and Death Stranding also, it doesn't need a "The Last of Us and Death Stranding State of Play" for just a trailer and release date, when showing both separately would probably be far more effective and I don't think Sony want SoP to just become "PlayStation announcement"

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Sure, not discounting that.

Sony just has a tendency to half ass shit.

Like, what would be wrong in saying "State of Play This Thursday- Get a 10 minute look at Last of Us 2"

It would get people excited, and give people enough time to get reactions up and stream it live altogether.

They'll probably drop it on some random ass day and put up a tweet or something.

If you don't invest in something and make it a big deal, it will never be one.

It's the Last of Us 2, dude. It's going to do pretty well. I don't care about this franchise, but that's blatantly obvious.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Looking more and more like Sony could've had an E3 presence...Same games be damned, people would have been hyped for release dates.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Haha I don't want anything from Death Stranding if it means no The Last Of Us Part II stuff this week. So hopefully there is room for the both of them.