phonicjoy

Banned
Jun 19, 2018
Anyone here have experience getting netflix US RuPaul content to show up using surfshark VPN as a foreign subscriber? The content here lags behind an entire season and for some reason turning on the VPN makes all of RuPaul's content dissapear from search :(

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone here have experience getting netflix US RuPaul content to show up using surfshark VPN as a foreign subscriber? The content here lags behind an entire season and for some reason turning on the VPN makes all of RuPaul's content dissapear from search :(

Drag Race isn't on Netflix in the US.

All of the American seasons are on a service called CBS All Access and some legacy seasons are still on Hulu, I think.

Your best option may actually be WOW Presents Plus for legal International access, depending on where you live.

OP
OP
Gradon

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Poor ChiChi I hope she'll be okay ❤️❤️❤️

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
Terrible news.

2cfd2aafd9a237466c45cf18b65aabbdde-90-Chi-Chi-Devayne-Entrance-Look-v1-curr.w710.jpg

Now and forever my thrifty queen.

OP
OP
Gradon

Gradon

Oct 25, 2017
UK
godamnit. chi chi rip :'(
the news has honestly made me so sad she was so lovely

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
No way! :'( That is honestly horrible to hear. She was so full of joy and love. Rest in peace, Chi Chi

TheChits

Oct 25, 2017
Chi Chi will always be one of my favorites. It is extremely rare to find someone so talented, charismatic, endearing, and humble. Following their posts over the past month or two has been sad to see, but that IG story from the other day was heartbreaking. You could tell they were suffering. Rest in peace, Chi Chi

MDSVeritas

Gameplay Programmer, Sony Santa Monica
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
God this is so heartbreaking. I remember how much energy and happiness she brought to season 8, I remember smiling and laughing with my boyfriend at so many of her lines and antics, it was wonderful. I also loved seeing how she carried on after, she seemed like one of those queens who you can tell can just keep going higher.

Rest in peace Chi Chi

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017

Twitter has revealed Padma to be on the right side of just about everything, but I didn't know that she was a RPDR fan too!

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
RIP Chi Chi. I've met her and seen her perform a few times and she was, above almost any other queen, so warm and genuine.
An absolutely devastating loss to the art of drag. She was naturally hilarious and kind and she could TURN a fucking lipsync. I can't listen to Last Dance by Donna Summer without picturing her doing multiple consecutive back flips across a stage and prompting an audience to literally roar with applause.

Atlantis

Oct 25, 2017
Poor Chi Chi, she looked so ill in her recent IG story. RIP Zavion, free of pain and sickness. 💔

Grayson

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
We lost her, kids. I'm irl friends with Ginger and she's gutted. What a true loss.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Oh, god... Just heard about it through Adore's tweet. RIP.

Jugendstil

Oct 25, 2017
Chi Chi was someone who embodied all of the best aspects of drag. Despite all the curve balls life threw at her, she never came across as bitter and always radiated kindness and humor. She deserved the world. RIP queen. 💔

Sphinx

Nov 29, 2017
Anyone has a clear idea of what's going on with Britta and widow von du?

Britta had to close most of her social media to get help and avoid suicide.

Widow apparently just quit drag because of toxic fans.

Asia declined an invitation to AS6 due to general fear of the "fans".

Wtf is going on??

latex

Jul 5, 2018

Wtf is going on??
Drag Race fans are a bunch of terrifying, racist, hateful scoundrels.

I don't read comments or things beyond what queens posts but the queens have been talking about this for years.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada

Wtf is going on??
Britta got attacked by people online for her edited content on the show towards Aiden Zhane

Widow is constantly attacked because people commented that she shouldn't have gotten as far

Asia faced a LOT of backlash after the butterfly incident.

Drag Race fans are toxic as hell. It's a reality show, bitch about it with your friends, but it's edited in a way to make you feel angry at "characters" and when you conflate characters with people, people do really fucked up things.

Holmes

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure if backlash is the reason why Asia declined AS6. She's still heavily involved in Drag Race, like Werq the World, the live Vegas show and Vegas Revue. Could've been something else. Well, hopefully anyway.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
Drag Race fans are a bunch of terrifying, racist, hateful scoundrels.

I don't read comments or things beyond what queens posts but the queens have been talking about this for years.

Who would have guessed a bunch of young white girls and boys who grew up trolling on the internet would act racist and hateful against queens they don't "stan"?

Sure, certain things queen do may rub me the wrong way, but I am a fucking adult, the shows are editted for drama, and thesr are real fucking human beings.

DoubleG

Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Ru also deactivated his Twitter account a few weeks ago and afaik JBC also followed after all the hate from the "fans" because of his judging.

At this point I feel like the production needs to address this situation with the upcoming seasons. Plus they need better moderation on social media. I don't know how, but somethings have to be done. Other queens also could show a little more support for their sisters and call out their fans. Cause if they're not getting hate, the chances are high those toxic fans are their followers.

It's beyond me how a show like Drag Race can have such a big hateful/racist fan base. I hope everyone struggling with toxic "fans" gets the help they need and please god I hope Widow doesn't quit drag. She is such a talented queen. Her lipsynch vs. Gigi is one my favorites. So much energy, charisma, uniqueness and talent.

Oh and if you are reading this and you have posted hateful messages/comments to any of the queens/judges, please fuck off and find another hobby.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Ru also deactivated his Twitter account a few weeks ago and afaik JBC also followed after all the hate from the "fans" because of his judging.

At this point I feel like the production needs to address this situation with the upcoming seasons. Plus they need better moderation on social media. I don't know how, but somethings have to be done. Other queens also could show a little more support for their sisters and call out their fans. Cause if they're not getting hate, the chances are high those toxic fans are their followers.

It's beyond me how a show like Drag Race can have such a big hateful/racist fan base. I hope everyone struggling with toxic "fans" gets the help they need and please god I hope Widow doesn't quit drag. She is such a talented queen. Her lipsynch vs. Gigi is one my favorites. So much energy, charisma, uniqueness and talent.

Oh and if you are reading this and you have posted hateful messages/comments to any of the queens/judges, please fuck off and find another hobby.
I think the editing director needs to take a long hard look at how they edit storylines into the show, and what ramifications it could have, considering the fanbase they've cultivated.

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
I think the editing director needs to take a long hard look at how they edit storylines into the show, and what ramifications it could have, considering the fanbase they've cultivated.
Widow had a good edit though. Mayhem, another queen getting a lot of hate, also had a fairly innocuous edit.

The show does have problems, but the hate rests solely on the hands of the fan base.

Sphinx

Nov 29, 2017
This makes the All-stars format and the secret twist a very complicated matter.

I remember manila going live on insta to repeat a millions times "this is a fucking show, it's not real!! It's an edited, not real, TV show! PLEASE leave naomi alone!"

I didn't see how much hate Alexis got for taking Shea's lipstick but it wouldn't surprise me if she got death threats.

If I were Asia I'd be afraid of whatever twist AS6 will have. It may force you to be a bitch towards a queen with crazy fans and not everyone has the "I don't give a shit about haters" strength Naomi seems to display at all times.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
It's beyond me how a show like Drag Race can have such a big hateful/racist fan base.

There are several reasons I can think of.

1) "Internet Culture" as a thing is trending more and more toxic. There are far too many circles and fandom on the internet where negativity gets the strongest reactions. People gravitate to it and react to it. As such, more people create it and spam it.

2) Drag as an artform (and thus Drag Race) is especially susceptible to this, because a huge part of Drag culture, and Queer culture, is "Shade" and "Reading" and "Spilling Tea" which is a form of insult language. As a person who is Queer and Black (which is specifically where a LOT of this is derived from), I'm already low-key annoyed at how these Queer artifacts have been mangled in pop culture. There is a sophistication to properly reading somebody, or throwing shade. In real life, some of the harshest sounding reads you'd hear among my friend group (if you weren't in my friend group), are thrown among people who would, without hesitation, take a bullet for one another. In a lot of ways, shade functions as a love language wrapped up in excessive layers of sarcasm and wit. Hell, even when you're shading someone you don't like, there's a level of thought and care put into the insults and word choice that keeps things above board and prevents people from coming to blows, even if the language sounds raw as fuck to the uninitiated. I really cannot stress enough how much wit and understanding of history goes into proper shade. And so much of it is passed down within the culture itself.

So, when you take that culture, package it in a shiny and overly-edited reality competition show that doesn't really care much to educate its viewers on the history of everything they're watching, and present that show to people who have largely not "come up in" the culture of Drag (and Queerness, even), you get a lot of people who completely miss this nuance. You get a lot of people for whom "shade" is simply "being mean."

Because one thing I've noticed, when I peek into this fandom I increasingly want no part of, is that a lot of people doing the trolling and the racism, think they're "part of the game." You see a lot of them thinking, "Oh yaaasss henny I'm about to spill some tea henny watch me draaaaaaag her!" And it's like, I don't think you know what half those words you just used mean, and you're definitely not spilling tea...you're being an insufferable dickwad.

And I don't really know what the show does about it at this point. They should definitely speak out against the torrent of hate aimed at particular queens often in the name of the show. And it wouldn't hurt if they infused the show with a bit more of the history of the culture they're shamelessly milking. But that cat seems to be, largely, out of the bag at this point.

Sphinx

Nov 29, 2017
don't know where to ask:

has All-stars 6 started filming and if so, can I please have a confirmed list of the queens taking part in it? no elimination spoilers though,

thanks in advance :=)

OP
OP
Gradon

Gradon

Oct 25, 2017
UK
don't know where to ask:

has All-stars 6 started filming and if so, can I please have a confirmed list of the queens taking part in it? no elimination spoilers though,

thanks in advance :=)

Shannel
Sonique
Pandora Box
Yara Sofia
Jiggly Caliente
Serena Chacha
Trinity K Bonet
Ginger Minj
Eureka
Silky Nutmeg Ganache
Ra'jah O'hara
Akeria C Davenport
Scarlet Envy
Jan

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, I find much of that cast to be actively annoying. It feels like they cast first and foremost for drama!