• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nista

Oct 26, 2017
The production team is really reading the overall fan base mood wrong this time around. As far as I've seen, Shuga being blatantly robbed is universal. And I say this as someone who likes Vanjie, but she's being kept way longer than is valid, due to drama potential.

Man, this is really going to make watching the finale taping nerve-wracking. I promise to give my impressions of the event here, sans any spoiler tea.

AlexMeloche

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, Scarlet was robbed... but this is even worse.

They're not even subtle about who's the "filler queens" anymore

NoRéN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
No way 3 people on the loser team were better than the weakest member of the winning team.

Oct 27, 2017
UGH, I'm truly gonna miss Shuga Cain! I really wish she didn't go out serving one of the least exciting runway stunts ever lol
Tonight's lip sync should've been Silky vs Vanessa.
Like, I honestly don't dislike Silky, but I really dislike the fact that they keep giving her messy runways a pass even after reading them to filth... :/

Anyways, my fav lewks from today's episode were Brooklyn's glamorous purple number (she's absolutely gorgeous), and Yvie's elegant tattered yellow monk geish. A'keria didn't quite match the theme/category, but damn the bitch is beautiful.
A'keria is great, I really want her in the top 4.

Deleted member 9746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's bothering me they're clocking Vanjie for being too Vanjie but giving Silky a pass for always being Silky. The critiques in this show can be so inconsistent.

In honor of the beautiful Shuga Cain, here's the latest episode of her youtube show (it covers last week's episode). I can't stop watching it, she's so entertaining.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
She'll be back for All Stars, Miss Congeniality, fan fav. whatever, she'll do just fine. She was cute and nice but not what they're looking for on s11 (whatever that is).

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I still have no idea how shuga was in the bottom over Silky, Yvie, or Akeria? That whole teams act was a mess, Akeria came out dressed as a butterfly, Yvie and Akeria literally faded into the background spare when they did their tricks...

4 way lipsync.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
Akeria was safe because she was at least entertaining.

Hell, I even mentioned to my boyfriend who doesn't watch drag race at all that her outfit was a body suit with some wings stitched on. That should have landed her in the botton for not understanding the assignment.

Shuga was robbed. All Stars 5, please, so she can compete against another robbed queen.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think Shuga did bad enough to lip sync, even if she was outshined by Brooke and Nina in the challenge. I would've had Silky lip sync instead.
Silky should've been in about 3 or 4 lip syncs already, and definitely should've been in Shuga's place. Her outfit for the magic show was amateur hour.

Hopefully she goes next week and Shuga comes back.

Dec 4, 2017
London
Ugh. What a bullshit bottom two that was. Shuga was comfortably above every single member of the other team. I could have lived with any combination of bottom two from within that team but it really should have been Vanje vs Silky.

How Silky keeps getting so utterly over-appraised by the judges is beyond me. They call it charisma and personality, I call it overused and frankly boring one-note schtick.

Glad Nina finally won a challenge though. Their routine was a masterclass in comparison to the shambles the opposing team presented and that's likely almost entirely down to her.

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
This show is dillusional, and that's me just responding to reading the results and not having even seen it yet. At this point I only watch this manufactured train-wreck of a season if I'm forced to by the bf.

As others have said, I think during production the producers and RuPaul thought Silky was going to go over much better and didn't realize that, surprise, she's a sexual assaulter on top of being an insufferable egoist with no sense of personal boundaries.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
This show is dillusional, and that's me just responding to reading the results and not having even seen it yet. At this point I only watch this manufactured train-wreck of a season if I'm forced to by the bf.

As others have said, I think during production the producers and RuPaul thought Silky was going to go over much better and didn't realize that, surprise, she's a sexual assaulter on top of being an insufferable egoist with no sense of personal boundaries.
It's entertaining at least seeing the difference in editing of silky with how the judges are treating her. They're clearly transitioning to a villain edit for her after the not talking in the work room moment. So a lot of episodes were probably recut to not put her in a positive light after everything started coming out.

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
God I'm legit pissed about this elimination. I wasn't even like a super crazy Shuga fan, but she did NOT deserve to be in the bottom, let ALONE eliminated.

The fact that Silky has not yet been in the bottom two is straight up rigga morris. It should have been Vanjie vs Silky or Yvie, either one, but probably Silky due to her critiques being worse.

HOWEVER my girl Nina getting the credit she deserves. I was SO happy to see her do so well this week. She was amazing.

Nista

Oct 26, 2017
I think it deflates as you push it down.
I believe there are small holes in the end you are pushing into your mouth. You just got to keep them covered in your hand until ready to do the trick.

I'd still be gagging on the nasty rubber balloon taste in my mouth, so props to A'keria.

Sphinx

Nov 29, 2017
is it possible an eliminated queen is coming back?? how long is this show going to last??

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Deserved win for Nina, but yeah, not sure how Shuga ended in the bottom. She's going out well though, much success to her. Definitely a sweetie.

Got emotional on Untucked when Brooke's mom said this:

"And I was able to accept Brock, where he was at, and it also made me realize that God has accepted me where I'm at, and I am definitely not a perfect person. But my heavenly Father never turns his back and walks away from me, and I was not going to turn my back and walk away from my son."

If only more religious people saw things like this...

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The Tom Brady photo challenge was so awkward to watch with her saying "yeah this is what i'd do to him if I could" while having claims against her that were...essentially that.

Sphinx

Nov 29, 2017
here are the standings after episode 10:

37 Points (Winner)
Brooke

35 Points (2 runner-ups)
Silky
Yvie

32 Points (last elimination during the finale)
Nina

31 Points (episode 12)
A'keria

26 Points (episodes 11)
Vanjie

Methodology
Win -> 5 Points
High -> 4 Points
Safe -> 3 Points
Low -> 2 Points
Bttm2(6) -> 1 Point

At this point, without winning any challenge, and with 5 points separating her from Akeria, Vanjie is a distant last place, I can't see her not landing in the bttm 2 again

that being said, she does do quite well Lip-synching for her life, so I wouldn't discard her staying once again if the rival queen gets lost on the runway, like plastique.

With plastique and Shuga gone, I am definitely rooting for Nina heading into top 4. and hopefully being one of 2 runner-ups.

I prefer her over Akeria, I used to like her but lately she's coming of as too... arrogant? not sure but something is off, I don't feel she's as likable as I thought.

Androidsleeps

Oct 27, 2017
I said it before, this season is blatantly not being judged fairly and even they know that, keeping Shuga's statement about how it didn't make in the edit. But I guess they wanted it to go that way because of their planned top 5 (Brooke, Nina, Silky, Yvie and Akeria). Vanjie will definitely land in the bottom in the makeover challenge and I don't see her surviving 3 lipsyncs in a row with zero wins. Im sure Silky's runway will be awful too and she'll probably be lipsyncing next week. I say probably cause you know we'll have that bullshit pre-runway "performance" that's there to rig the placements.

I doubt they'd bring back one queen this late in the game, unless they redeem this bullshit by double eliminating Silky and Vanjie and replace them with Shuga.

Matt_

Oct 25, 2017
Really happy for Nina, she did great in this challenge and she is just a ball of pure niceness
reminds me of Green Mile

Anyone know when the finale is airing?
Guessing two more standard episodes, a recap then the live show so 30th May?

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Excuse me.
That was bullshit.
ugh. I have a horrible feeling it's only going to get worse from here on out.

Unrelated but the magician was super cute.
Oh I'm so mad, poor Shuga.

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017
I went into the episode knowing spoilers, but legitimately thought the spoilers where wrong this time, because Shuga was doing so well. Brooke and Nina were definitely powerhouses, but Shuga held her own, especially at the end of the act with the antics with the box.

...but yes, the spoilers were right.

tenor.gif

It was wonderful to see Nina shine and win, so deserved. The whole act was genuinely funny, and really well put together. I'm still baffled that Silky continues to get similar critiques as Vanjie, but isn't put in the bottom two for it. Yvie was a bit of a trainwreck, too, but her runway kinda made up for it. As a lot of people have said, Ru and the production team clearly have their top four in mind, and they're sticking to it, regardless of how good the other girls do. (RIP Scarlet, Plastique, and now Shuga.)

Outside of Brooke and Yvie's glorious stuntastic lip sync from the other week, the lip syncs haven't been that memorable this season, so it was great to see Vanjie bring it this week. Vanjie completely embodied the song without any stunts, it was really great.

Orin_linwe

Nov 26, 2017
Malmoe, Sweden.
If there's one type of show that you shouldn't "wing it and hope that it turns out a'ight", it would be a magic show.

Nina was phenomenal, and it's always interesting to see how certain performers compartmentalize their fire. I think part of the beauty of this type of tv-show is to show that you can be a neurotic, self-doubting, and generally subdued person in a certain context, only to be extraordinarily commanding and extroverted in another context.

I will miss Shuga's presence. What a thoroughly sweet person.

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
Yvie would have been in the bottom if it wasn't for her runway.
IMO she still should have been, considering during the snatch game episode they proved that they don't give a shit about the runway when it comes to placing people in the bottom two. Shuga was in NO way worse than anyone on the other team.

Edit: Also, did it bother anyone else that they kept calling The Mighty Tucks an all white team when Shuga is not white? Even Ru did it...

Last edited:

rude

Oct 25, 2017
My thot:

1. Shuga's performance was fine and Vanjie has been consistently mediocre this season. One of the worst choices in a while.

Sousourocket

Oct 26, 2017
I can't believe the 180 I've done on Shuga. I went from forgetting she was in the cast to furious she got done like this. She was obviously not going to go all the way but fuck this, don't kick her out early on a week when she did fine and then tarnish Vanjie with that shitty producer protection. I still love her but sis's days are numbered for this season.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They weren't protecting Vanjie here, they were protecting the other 3 girls on Vanjie's team.

A big part of the reason? The change to a Top 4 lipsync. Ru doesn't want to let girls she won't crown get to the F4 now, which is going to make her want to cut someone like Shuga now rather than let her possibly sneak into the top 4.

Survivor's having a similar reaction from the players to a top 4 production change, where big threats are getting targeted and taken out real early the past two seasons because the players don't want to risk them getting to a point where they can't eliminate them.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If Silky is someone Ru would even consider crowning at this point then fuck RuPaul.
All of that came out after filming.

For an example of how awkward the format is- just look to last year where they had to make Eureka/Aquaria a tie after Asia's butterfly-gate because they lost the only other person they were willing to crown.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
They weren't protecting Vanjie here, they were protecting the other 3 girls on Vanjie's team.

A big part of the reason? The change to a Top 4 lipsync. Ru doesn't want to let girls she won't crown get to the F4 now, which is going to make her want to cut someone like Shuga now rather than let her possibly sneak into the top 4.

Survivor's having a similar reaction from the players to a top 4 production change, where big threats are getting targeted and taken out real early the past two seasons because the players don't want to risk them getting to a point where they can't eliminate them.

Kameron Michaels?

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
Here's the tee:
  1. As much as I don't want her to get to top 4, Silky will end up being in the finale because she has the C.U.N.T.
  2. I've disappointed in Vanjie in the past few episode, but has a double dose of C.U.N.T.. She's simply a great entertainer and an amazing lip-syncher, especially in the live performances I've seen. No amount of repetitive swimsuits, corsets and bad acting challenges will change that. She will be in the top 4.
  3. My ideal top 4 on the other hand are: Brooklyn, Vanjie, Akeria and Yvie.
  4. Knowing Ru's business sense and post show priorities of my Top 4, Brooklyn and Vanjie has a real chance of being winners.
  5. I think the winner is going to be a toss up between Silky, Vanjie and Brooklyn.
  6. Brooklyn is objectively the most deserving.