• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Manchester, UK
Does anyone know what's going to happen with UNHhhh once The Trixie and Katya show starts?
Since the formats are so similar (and the amount of jokes that UNHhhh have been made about it ending) I'm not sure if UNHhhh will keep going when they're getting that TV coin.

Whoger

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know what's going to happen with UNHhhh once The Trixie and Katya show starts?
Since the formats are so similar (and the amount of jokes that UNHhhh have been made about it ending) I'm not sure if UNHhhh will keep going when they're getting that TV coin.

Im pretty sure Unhhh is gonna be discontinued, since the Trixie & Katya show IS Unhh but with a better budget.

Chocobo Blade

The Wise Ones
Oct 29, 2017
Forget Dax and Phi Phi. Milk is the true cosplay queen.

vuKuMmc.jpg

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
first episode of the trixie and katya show:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scxun1MI7VQ&t=0s

thoughts: nowhere near as good as unhhhh, having the show divided by segments completely kills the rhythm, the editing is way less crazy which i guess it had to be if it was gonna be on tv, a lot of reused jokes and bits. i think unhhhh was too good for the amount of views it was getting and the amount of money (i'm guessing) it was making, they knew they had something special and taking it to tv was one way of making it bigger, but if this is what we'll get instead of unhhhh i'll be disappointed

Frodo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
first episode of the trixie and katya show:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scxun1MI7VQ&t=0s

thoughts: nowhere near as good as unhhhh, having the show divided by segments completely kills the rhythm, the editing is way less crazy which i guess it had to be if it was gonna be on tv, a lot of reused jokes and bits. i think unhhhh was too good for the amount of views it was getting and the amount of money (i'm guessing) it was making, they knew they had something special and taking it to tv was one way of making it bigger, but if this is what we'll get instead of unhhhh i'll be disappointed

Some rehashed jokes, but overall it was fun.

Nista

Oct 26, 2017
Its probaby a combination of editing and fear. The Season 9 reunion is a great example of the queens no longer giving a shit and the show revelling in it.

On the other hand it seems to have resulted in Aja being harassed to the point she admitted it was all staged so people will get off her back.

Im still sad I missed watching the reunion show, since it sounds like it was more amusing than most of S9. I'm also more of a fan of the earlier seasons of the show, but that might be due to the style of queens each season varying somewhat. I tend to prefer the ones with strong or funny personalities the best (though I will never really like Trixie's makeup, I get how it's part of the character).

Ratrat

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
don't tell anyone i told you this, but use a vpn. opera browser has built in vpn, just choose united states.
Thanks.
It was okay. Might take a few episodes for it to get really good.
Im still sad I missed watching the reunion show, since it sounds like it was more amusing than most of S9. I'm also more of a fan of the earlier seasons of the show, but that might be due to the style of queens each season varying somewhat. I tend to prefer the ones with strong or funny personalities the best (though I will never really like Trixie's makeup, I get how it's part of the character).
Yeah, season 9 lacked truly funny characters.

casey_contra

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
I'm pumped for AS3! I saw Trixie's show in Chicago a few months ago and loved it! I feel obligated to also root for DeLa because I moved to Seattle, but I would probably put her at 3rd behind Milk.

Only thing about Milk as that we just had an "art" queen. Not sure if that matters, but I really think Trixie deserves it. Also feel like she is so marketable and could help put drag on the map a little better.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I've met both Katya and Trixie before. Lovely queens. Totally routing for Trixie and Dela this season of All Stars.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
Alaska's new song, "Come to Brazil", so fucking funny I had a solid laugh at the title for like 30 seconds before I watched this excellent video made entirely by a Brazilian production with a Brazilian director and with Brazilian queens!

I laughed so very very hard. https://youtu.be/LStfYE-3ApA

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Alaska's new song, "Come to Brazil", so fucking funny I had a solid laugh at the title for like 30 seconds before I watched this excellent video made entirely by a Brazilian production with a Brazilian director and with Brazilian queens!

I laughed so very very hard. https://youtu.be/LStfYE-3ApA
Watched it earlier today and laughed so much. It's amazing, haha, I wasn't expecting the lyrics to be that informed.

Cracuda, cracuda, cracuda!

Gradon

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Am I the only one watching Dragula around here?

I'm watching it too. I don't know if I have a definite favourite yet but the queens are great, I love the artistry behind the looks. Definitely my favourite part.
I was very surprised to find one of the Queens used to be in the band Blood on the Dance Floor that I liked as a teenager.

Ratrat

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dragula Season 2 is already much more entertaining than the last 3 seasons of Drag Race.
Of the girls left, I like Disasterina. Also Erika. Unfortunately, the girls who do well are all boring or bitchy.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I'm watching it too. I don't know if I have a definite favourite yet but the queens are great, I love the artistry behind the looks. Definitely my favourite part.
I was very surprised to find one of the Queens used to be in the band Blood on the Dance Floor that I liked as a teenager.

Dahli, right? She mentioned the band during the last episode, I guess that was a rough time for her.

They are easily the most talented along with Victoria. I hope James wins as she she is the most entertaining of the girls who have a shot at the crown.

I don't get the hate James Majesty gets, honestly. I'm rooting for all the ones I mentioned. I wish Victoria had a bigger personality, because although she has the talent, this is still a reality show and she tends to fade into the background more often than not.

Gradon

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Dahli, right? She mentioned the band during the last episode, I guess that was a rough time for her.

Yeah that's right, I feel so bad for her like I can't believe she was expected to tour after being diagnosed with HIV with no medicine. I'm not surprised she left now.

This last Dragula episode... OMFG.

I really can't stomach
food challenges.
That looked absolutely repulsive.

Ratrat

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dragula E5 was...interesting. It was like 90% drama and 10% show floor.
I want
Bitqch
to win now.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know, I was Team Abhorra for the first two episodes, but since then I've been rooting for James Majesty. Still, Disasterina is getting farther than I thought she would (and should) and Bitqch is surprising me a lot ever since the Rock challenge.

Ratrat

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Boulets are REALLY milking the Abhora and Bitch drama. I dont think they can resist a top 3 with them + James.

Ratrat

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I saw a video on Dhali's channel where she said she'd appear on Drag Race if they would pick her already... thats a better fit imo. Erika also auditioned. I wonder if any of them will appear on future seasons. I think any besides Monikkie and Disasterina could do it.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I saw a video on Dhali's channel where she said she'd appear on Drag Race if they would pick her already... thats a better fit imo. Erika also auditioned. I wonder if any of them will appear on future seasons. I think any besides Monikkie and Disasterina could do it.

I'd rather see them on an All Stars Dragula season than Drag Race.

Ratrat

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd rather see them on an All Stars Dragula season than Drag Race.
I prefer what Dragula is doing but I just feel they deserve the recognition/money.
At this point being sent home first on Drag Race will insure you more success than winning Dragula.
Hopefully the show will become more popular.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
Am i the only person in the world who can't fathom Trixie's appeal?

Except for her make up, I don't see anything that sets her apart from other queens, she isnt particularly good at anything. She is supposed to be funny, but isn't. She presents herself and talks all the time about how she is a comedy queen, but she never ever got a laugh from me. It's weird.

As far as drag race goes, she had a completely forgettable participation on her season. Except from that pair challenge with Pearl, I don't remember her doing a particularly memorable job anywhere.

So although I don't dislike her, I simply don't understand her huge popularity, nor her being the favorite for AS3. Judging by what she showed in S7, I really doubt she can win, there's nothing she can do better than most of the other queens in the cast.

Ratrat

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Am i the only person in the world who can't fathom Trixie's appeal?

Except for her make up, I don't see anything that sets her apart from other queens, she isnt particularly good at anything. She is supposed to be funny, but isn't. She presents herself and talks all the time about how she is a comedy queen, but she never ever got a laugh from me. It's weird.

As far as drag race goes, she had a completely forgettable participation on her season. Except from that pair challenge with Pearl, I don't remember her doing a particularly memorable job anywhere.

So although I don't dislike her, I simply don't understand her huge popularity, nor her being the favorite for AS3. Judging by what she showed in S7, I really doubt she can win, there's nothing she can do better than most of the other queens in the cast.
Unhhh or whatever is why she is popular now, not season 7.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
Unhhh or whatever is why she is popular now, not season 7.

Yeah, I watched that too and I don't think it's good.

It's just two queens blabbering and throwing around drag lingo, with editing to make it look like edgy or whatever. I don't know, maybe you have to be American to appreciate it.

BTW, I love Katya, I just don't think that show is good.

Ratrat

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I watched that too and I don't think it's good.

It's just two queens blabbering and throwing around drag lingo, with editing to make it look like edgy or whatever. I don't know, maybe you have to be American to appreciate it.

BTW, I love Katya, I just don't think that show is good.
Well, I do like her but I cant explain the crazy fanbase. Half of it could just be due to Katyas popularity rubbing off on her.