• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kyussons

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User was warned : thread whining. It is fine to see a thread about a subject that you don't care about and to not post in it.
Is this thread worthy ?

GMM

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why exactly is it so important on this forum to let others know if someone famous has a Switch? Millions of people play video games every day, some people just more famous than others.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
So this is how we get a Black Panther related thread on gaming side. ;)

Like, duh, he has a Switch - he travels a lot and the Switch is a great console.

Much happier about the love for Stardew Valley.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wow lots of snarky and passive aggressiveness ITT. For such a benign and simple thread topic.

We've had several 'famous person with a PS4/Xbox' that I've seen and there was nowhere near as much snark in those. The Mourinho one was a funny one too.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Wow lots of snarky and passive aggressiveness ITT. For such a benign and simple thread topic.

We've had several 'famous person with a PS4/Xbox' that I've seen and there was nowhere near as much snark in those. The Mourinho one was a funny one too.
There's very often accusations of being paid by Nintendo too. I think these threads are important in that sense, that many people seem to be out of touch with reality thinking that succesful and well-known people wouldn't play on Nintendo platforms without getting paid. Maybe exposure to these kind of genuine feeling interviews will help people to snap out of their slumber.
Meh, I prefer my film directors to be out of touch as fuck.
Yeah no he ain't.

Principate

Oct 31, 2017

The fake kaz tweet really made that thread.

I imagine if your in the road a lot the switch really is a god send.

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
Why exactly is it so important on this forum to let others know if someone famous has a Switch? Millions of people play video games every day, some people just more famous than others.

Why exactly is it so important to some people that the existence of every thread be justified in ways that they understand?

If you don't like people getting excited that the niche hobby that they're enthusiastic about, and that this forum exists for, is getting attention from a mainstream figure that they admire, maybe don't click the damn thread, maybe?

OT: I hope Coogler doesn't get too lost in the Stardew sauce, but I love the promo for SV. It deserves cultural relevance.

thomasmahler

Game Director at Moon Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Vienna / Austria
Good to know. How are his bowel movements?

If we want people to take gaming seriously, maybe we should stop giggling and quawking every time some 'outsider' casually quips that he likes gaming. I mean, so what? Gaming should be a medium for everyone to enjoy, it shouldn't come as a huge surprise that even people that don't post on era dig it.

cid85

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you haven't got a switch yet, you should get one now guys! There is a famous guy who has a switch lol

Deleted member 2321

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

If we want people to take gaming seriously, maybe we should stop giggling and quawking every time some 'outsider' casually quips that he likes gaming. I mean, so what? Gaming should be a medium for everyone to enjoy, it shouldn't come as a huge surprise that even people that don't post on era dig it.

I assume your reaction would be exactly the same if he said how much he liked Ori, right?

Otherwise you´d be like... you know... a hypocrite.

Not engaging with a thread you don´t care about is totally an option.

One I´d choose over being a dick.

And on topic: I like stuff like this. it brings me joy for some reason. I stared following Chrissy Teigen recently because she posts about Mario a lot.

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017

In a hobby frequented by insular nerds, Swatting/doxxing Nazi teens and all sorts of racists and homophobes that aim to define the medium, I feel like "giggling and quawking" about outsiders is probably way down the list of "reasons gaming isn't taken seriously."

But, hey, if people celebrating an embrace of gaming by "outsiders" that they respect is problematic to you, then that's your prerogative. Hate to have this thread take up the valuable space that belongs to some 20-page argument about frame drops or micro transactions.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017

Not everything has to be some big surprise or revelation. Knowing that a public figure is a gamer and more specifically what kind of games they appreciate can be interesting. We have threads about what kind of movies big directors like for example Kojima appreciated or what books influenced a person....yet when its the other way around people react quite sensitive for whatever reason.

The thread title more or less says it all - i dont know why so many user feel the need to whine about the thread when they dont they could just skip and ignore it.

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lol, people make memes when Michael B Jordan says he likes anime.

And some people make Salt when its about a console of choice.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Huge missed opportunity that they didn't ask MBJ. He would have probably gone on a rant about the DBFZ roster.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Black Panther 2 will be all about T'Challa's desire to grow his own prize winning pumpkin to put in the competition at the Wakandan county fair.

spladam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's a hard game not to like, but a bit easier to play on PC. Let's hope this doesn't distract him too much... *just. one. more. day..*

Oct 25, 2017
The Switch seems to be a huge success among people like him, and it makes sense. They're always busy, always travelling, and the Switch provides console quality experiences on the go.

It's not my case, so it doesn't appeal to me as much, but I have to imagine my story with portable devices would be entirely different if it wasn't defined mostly by lower quality games (by my personal tastes only, I understand many people love them).

They may be a minority among the general populace, I have to assume the vast majority of people aren't travelling for work as often as movie industry people, football players and the like, but in turn when they're posting about how much they're enjoying games on Switch, or pictures and videos on twitter and instagram, this is some really expensive marketing done for free. Nintendo made such a brilliant move with this console, happy for them.

Kinda selfishly hope the others don't just copy them with the next consoles, though.