Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I want this game to play with my family but I'm not buying 3 controllers to play with everyone so I'm not sure I should bother.

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
Is there a listing for the ps4 version yet? It would be nice to play multi with 4 players on ps4 with my family, then my son (who is most excited for this) can play on the ps5 when playing solo. I may end up getting digital.

Gedi

Oct 29, 2017
This will definitely be one of my 3 or 4 launch physical games. Have pre-ordered 2 additional DualSense controllers for this too.

Wouwie

Oct 27, 2017
For a game that will launch in two months, very little has been shown so far, just one trailer and that's it. No info, no official screenshots, no gameplay video (outside of the trailer), no word from Sumo Digital so far.

I loved LBP until Sumo Digital released LBP3. That game was so disappointing and killed my interest in the franchise. Expectations for this aren't high, especially since it seems to be a co-op game. Very few co-op games are fun to play single player with a few exceptions (Unravel 2 for example).

Fingers crossed it will surprise and be a fun return to the wonderful and imaginative world of Little Big Planet.

Last edited:

Possum Armada

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Greenville, SC
i have a feeling this game might end up being a pack in title for the disk ps5 to justify the 100 dollar difference.

Oh my sweet Summer child no. They won't do that. Why would you give up the sales revenue from having another game on shelves to placate consumers who already broke every single online retailer trying to buy the system?

That said, they need to show alot more of this game.

itfiend

Dec 31, 2019
The prices on this seem, err 'ambitious' shall we say in the UK - nearly £60 for it here and they're normally at the cheaper end.

www.thegamecollection.net

Sackboy: A Big Adventure (PS5)

Stuffed! Stitched! Zipped! Face thrilling, unpredictable challenges as you explore distinctive hand-crafted lands through deeply immersive and expressive controls. Go solo in an epic race against time stuffed with danger and peril – or create team

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
If this is a launch title they should give more info and videos. :( I love Sackboy and this game got the shaft.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Wouwie

Oct 27, 2017
So the PS4 pre-order is up on the store. Meanwhile, Sony PR (starting to think they don't have a PR department anymore) or Sumo don't seem to think it might be interesting to put in some effort to promote the game, show some gameplay, give some info on the game, tell us a bit more about the PS5 upgrade,... is this a quick and low budget effort to fill the PS5 launch line up?

The pre-order mentions PS plus necessary for online multiplayer. But can i play the entire game single player and if yes, are the other characters AI controlled? What about game length? For 70€ and without the creation/share aspect, i'd expect a decent length for the campaign. The game mentions co-op only levels. How many are there? Will i miss out on a big part of the game if i play SP only?

In short, Sony is doing their utmost best to not make me pre-order this game. And i like the franchise...

edit: and just as i post this, it seems Sony woke up, with news on various games.

Last edited:

Oneself

#TeamThierry
Oct 26, 2017
Montréal, Québec, Canada
So the PS4 pre-order is up on the store. Meanwhile, Sony PR (starting to think they don't have a PR department anymore) or Sumo seem to think it might be interesting to put in some effort to promote the game, show some gameplay, give some info on the game, tell us a bit more about the PS5 upgrade,... is this a quick and low budget effort to fill the PS5 launch line up?

The pre-order mentions PS plus necessary for online multiplayer. But can i play the entire game single player and if yes, are the other characters AI controlled? What about game length? For 70€ and without the creation/share aspect, i'd expect a decent length for the campaign.

In short, Sony is doing their utmost best to not make me pre-order this game. And i like the franchise...
Same for every games except Godfall, Demon's and Miles. -_-

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So the PS4 pre-order is up on the store. Meanwhile, Sony PR (starting to think they don't have a PR department anymore) or Sumo don't seem to think it might be interesting to put in some effort to promote the game, show some gameplay, give some info on the game, tell us a bit more about the PS5 upgrade,... is this a quick and low budget effort to fill the PS5 launch line up?

The pre-order mentions PS plus necessary for online multiplayer. But can i play the entire game single player and if yes, are the other characters AI controlled? What about game length? For 70€ and without the creation/share aspect, i'd expect a decent length for the campaign. The game mentions co-op only levels. How many are there? Will i miss out on a big part of the game if i play SP only?

edit: and just as i post this, it seems Sony woke up, with news on various games.
What I don't get is that it's still one of their original IPs that they were pushing years ago, and it's perfect for he kids market this holiday.

They aren't even pushing it as a PS4 game. Unless something is overly wrong or short with the game. Are they really gonna let Crash, New Super Lucky's Tale and Spongebob eat their lunch this Xmas?

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
What I don't get is that it's still one of their original IPs that they were pushing years ago, and it's perfect for he kids market this holiday.

They aren't even pushing it as a PS4 game. Unless something is overly wrong or short with the game. Are they really gonna let Crash, New Super Lucky's Tale and Spongebob eat their lunch this Xmas?
We're way too far out for that kind of heavy marketing. Not to mention there's plenty in the news in the US until election. The kids presents oriented marketing is just starting, as we just got the first catalog for the year, a Walmart one focused on electronics.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We're way too far out for that kind of heavy marketing. Not to mention there's plenty in the news in the US until election. The kids presents oriented marketing is just starting, as we just got the first catalog for the year, a Walmart one focused on electronics.

Sony must have read this thread and said "oh crap, let's get on it!" :)