DeathyG

Oct 27, 2017
NW Indiana
This is what people have been asking for years. A stand-alone platformer with Sackboy. Loving this.

Also all the family friendly games Sony showed off was very refreshing.

Ignis

Oct 27, 2017
I desperately want to like this series but the aesthetics, floatiness and feel never do it for me sadly.

Nostradamus

Oct 28, 2017
I'm actually quite happy that Sony still has faith in the IP and that they insist on diverse experiences. It looks fun for what it is.

Bennibop

Oct 30, 2017
Wonder if the have kept the create side (hope they have) now that Dreams is a thing and is heading to PS5?

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
Eh, the jumping doesn't look too bad on this.

I honestly thought Sony were canning possibly their BIGGEST chance of having an iconic gaming character, so amazing to see that Sackboy is getting another game. Also, this very much doesn't look like it is going to have a create mode, which - to be honest - will only be a benefit to the game.

RLCC14

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I absolutely expect a beefy level editor, but not to the insane level of the previous games.

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
What's the point if it has no level creation? I don't have much faith in a Sumo Digital after how they butchered LBP3. Sony continue to shock me with how they've handled that IP since the Vita release.

NANA

Oct 26, 2017
This was actually the most unexpected thing out of the PS5 reveal, and probably my favorite (well, along with Ratchet). Hope it's actually good.

Desmond

Oct 25, 2017
Does All 4 One by Insomniac not count as a 4 player coop platformer? That came out years before 3D World afaik

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Does All 4 One by Insomniac not count as a 4 player coop platformer? That came out years before 3D World afaik
All 4 One very different and not really focused on platforming. This doesn't look like Insomniac's game at all but it bears some similarities to 3D World. I'd say it looks more like another 4 player platformer though, LittleBigPlanet.

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
I personally would be completely fine if there's no creation and the focus was on an expertly crafted platformer instead. If anything the change in branding from LBP to Sackboy might suggest that.

Fair but it's a shame they dropped a fairly popular branding through outsourcing here. I don't have much faith in Sumo Digital.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
I don't have much faith in Sumo Digital.
For my part, both Sonic Transformed and Outrun 2006 Coast to Coast being on your CV means you're ok with me. I agree they have a more spotty recent record but the concept looks wonderful, the trailer looked really promising and more local multiplayer games + more platforming games is IMO always a good thing.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
As someone who never liked the feel of LBP I think that feel would actually translate better to a Mario 3D World style game. I'm actually low key excited for this.

Deleted member 4532

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm definitely excited for this. Was sure expecting the LBP IP to be completely dead after LBP3's disastrous launch.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
This seems like the sort of project scale that Sumo could really shine with. Shit like Crackdown 3 and LBP3 were way too large scale for them. I'm optimistic about this.

Laranja

Oct 31, 2017
London
I'm very glad Sackboy seems to be the only playable character in this.

I really thought the different characters and their different abilities really hurt the design of LBP3.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Could be a fun romp, but probably the most disappointing graphical showing of the event for me. It looks like a B-tier PS4 game. The lighting/geometry/texture quality are all very dated. I can only imagine it's a floundering engine that keeps this from being on PS4.

As a big LBP fan, I was hoping for a real visual modernization two generations later.

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
Could be a fun romp, but probably the most disappointing graphical showing of the event for me. It looks like a B-tier PS4 game. The lighting/geometry/texture quality are all very dated. I can only imagine it's a floundering engine that keeps this from being on PS4.

As a big LBP fan, I was hoping for a real visual modernization two generations later.
I'm guessing this started as a PS4 game similar to how Switch gota ton of "probably a WiiU game" when it started

Trevelyan

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If this is LBP's 3D World sigh me the hell up. I love the world of LBP, and if they can marry that with gameplay akin to 3D World I'll be all over this.

Jan 11, 2018
I'm still thinking they'll announce this for PS4 too at some point, similar to how the previous LBP game was announced for PS4 and then later revealed to also be coming to PS3.

MnM

Alt-Account
Banned
Mar 9, 2020

Didn't the last LittleBigPlanet flop hard? The budget for this must be low.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Watching this again and I'm really pleased it's 60fps, which obviously didn't come across in the event stream. But it just looks a little.. low budget and by the numbers? Sackboy really deserved his own AAA outing (and Sackgirl). I'm a sucker for platformers though.

jimboton

Oct 27, 2017
Interested if it's not a creation game and is a pure platform game instead. Though it being too much coop oriented also sucks.

Rare Opiums

Oct 28, 2017
Big Mario 3D World vibes

I still remember how people thought 3D World is the most boring and derivative Mario ever, and yet it's so distinct that after a few seconds of Sackboy trailer, I could tell it was heavily inspired by 3D World. It's good though. Wish more developers come up with 3D World formula.

Midgarian

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 16, 2020
Midgar
I didn't pay attention to this during the conference, but just watching it again through DF's analysis.

It looks EXACTLY like Mario 3D Land/World. Looking forward to it.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Should've called it Sackboy: A **Little Big** Adventure

Someone reminded me of this earlier in the thread but there's an old PC game called Little Big Adventure. Published by EA/Activision (depending on region) and still for sale these days. Gonna guess they couldn't mirror that name.

twitter-little_big_adventure_2_press.png

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This game hasn't seen the visibility of the other platformers like Crash and Ratchet, but any clone of Mario 3d world has potential to me. Hopefully this game isn't too floaty and actually pushes the gameplay setups more than something like New Super Lucky's Tale.

smurfx

Oct 25, 2017
i have a feeling this game might end up being a pack in title for the disk ps5 to justify the 100 dollar difference.