Clay

Oct 29, 2017
I loved LittleBigPlanet, but who was asking for a 3D platfomer starring Sackboy?

This and the Astro Bot game seem really weird. Both series aren't bad by any means, but those IP aren't getting me pumped to shell out for a new console.

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I love that they're keeping Sackboy alive. Looks like a jolly game to play with friends, definitely picking this up

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
I loved LittleBigPlanet, but who was asking for a 3D platfomer starring Sackboy?

This and the Astro Bot game seem really weird. Both series aren't bad by any means, but those IP aren't getting me pumped to shell out for a new console.

Maybe Astrobot is VR bound?

Further, Sackboy's adventure has coop; though I think the design aspects aren't integrated because it's not a LPB title.

lusca_bueno

Nov 23, 2017
If this involves no user generated content, it might as well be the best move ever they made with this franchise. A Mario-like is pretty welcome on PS4.

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure I'd play this for myself but definitely with my relatives

Also, I appreciate them not letting Sackboy just die off

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
I'm always up for a 3D platformer but I'm worried this won't feel good. They need to improve from the floaty controls of the previous LBP games.

Oct 27, 2017
if the controls are TIGHT AS HELL and the physics feel good, then i think this would be pretty fun. nothing mindblowing. but if they're floaty shit controls, i'm out.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
I'm happy they're still making LBP games.

I'll definitely pick this up.

WorldofMiku

attempted ban circumvention by using an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
LittleBigPlanet peaked at LBP1.

It has never found its voice again. ;(
Incorrect? It peaked with LBP2.

LBP2 was the last game developed fully by Media Molecule. And it showed.

Anyway looking forward to getting this game. Hopefully it wasn't as buggy as LBP 3. That game was terrible at launch.

Maple-Tech

Oct 27, 2017
The fact that they probably aren't importing levels from old games probably means the physics won't be as loose

Kid Heart

Oct 25, 2017
I'm assuming this is going to be more platforming focused instead of creation focused due to the game not being named Little Big Planet, but I'm cool with that. Current gen had a pretty barren landscape of 3-D platforms, so I'm fine with Sackboy focusing on platforming while Dreams focuses on the creation aspect.

I always thought Sackboy would make a great PlayStation mascot, so I'm happy at least he is not being tossed to the wayside.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I know that LBP1 is the benchmark of horrible feeling floaty mcfloater platforming, but I wouldn't fear as such here, this game isn't having to be built on top of old tools and carrying over PS3 created stages, heck it's an entire dimension shift, I would very much give Sumo the benefit of the doubt that the controls and movement will be fine.

The fact that they probably aren't importing levels from old games probably means the physics won't be as loose
Exactly, even in the sequels they were moving away from the original feel.
2 allowed customisation for physics when making your own stuff If I recall correctly, 3 used the extra characters to change the feel of the gameplay.
This game is unburdened from all that.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
It looks nice but nothing groundbreaking. Anyway, all these kinds of games are always welcome at Play Station.

HMD

Oct 26, 2017
I'm very sad it's not a "Play. Create. Share.", I don't think I'm interested. Should have been LBP4 but they probably don't want it to compete with Dreams.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It looks like Little Big 3D Planet with good controls, just judging by the movement and jumps. Kinda interested.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Incorrect? It peaked with LBP2.

LBP2 was the last game developed fully by Media Molecule. And it showed.

Anyway looking forward to getting this game. Hopefully it wasn't as buggy as LBP 3. That game was terrible at launch.

I thought the level design and the charm was kinda lacking in 2, it didn't really do much for me.

ReturnOfThaMack88

Alt-Account
Banned
May 30, 2020
I didn't expect to see more LBP after dreams, I figured Dreams was sort of the natural evolution and would take up that space.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
I've wanted a "LBP but we devoted all our resources to making a game and not a bunch of tools for the creation of novel but ultimately unsatisfying fan-made content" for ages.

And I can't say I'm into it. What they showed was the same giant, empty level design that 3D World has, and... bleh.

Sesha

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
I love that they couldn't call it Sackboy: Little Big Adventure

Should have called it A LittleBig Adventure

little-big-adventure-enhanced-edition-cover.jpg

Wouwie

Oct 27, 2017
This was unexpected. I guess it will not have an editor and most probably also a PS4 version. Nothing screams next generation in the trailer but that's ok.

I always hoped LBP would go full 3D and drop the floaty controls. Hard to judge the controls but the cardboard look translates nicely into 3D (as was to be seen in that great looking 3D LBP level made in Dreams). I hoped Media Molecule would be the ones developing it but i guess that won't be happening anymore. After LBP 3, which i thought was pretty bad, i can't say i have faith in Sumo Digital but i will gladly be proven wrong.

In short, hope it turns out to be a great 3D LBP platformer. If so, i'll happily buy and play this.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like making a pure platform if game with little big planet's floaty controls is a baaaaad idea.

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sumo is a wonderful developer.

I don't like that they have them making a 3D World clone with Sackboy.

VinylCassette64

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
This was a genuine surprise to me, and upon thinking it over...I'm actually hopeful for this. Some weariness about given it's Sumo Digital, and their turn with LBP3 wasn't outright terrible but was lacking in refinement (namely in the technical aspects) from what I understand. But I'm pretty glad the LBP series hasn't been dropped entirely, which definitely seemed to be the case given MM moving onto Dreams.

And while it's not a 3D LBP game, which I say was the next frontier to go after LBP2 (although LBP3 made some strides towards that area), I can happily take a 3D entry focused primarily on platforming. The LBP games usually have a base game of good platforming levels even before you get into the creation tools, and the DLC packs/sequels have added more mechanics for more elaborate/dynamic platforming experiences. And there's still only so many new 3D platforming games to go around nowadays.

Cautiously optimistic.

Pretty sure this is cross-gen

Given how LBP3 turned out, I honestly hope that's not the case. I can't help but be convinced having to develop the game for PS3 and PS4 contributed to the game's lack of technical polish.

Oct 29, 2017
This looked really good! It's Sumo's take on Super Mario 3D World and that alone has me interested!

LBP is ripe material for a game like this! And it looks genuinely fun! Looking forward to this :D