• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which meal is the saddest meal?

• $30 Italian Meal

Votes: 395 28.5%
  • Butter & Cheese Sandwich

Votes: 565 40.7%
  • Brooklyn BBQ

Votes: 427 30.8%

• Total voters

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
It's time to take a vote. Which meal is the saddest meal?

Introducing the challengers:

$30 Italian Meal

NwqsK.jpg

Butter & Cheese Sandwich

img_5844_156999231.jpg

Brooklyn BBQ

180305125706-brooklyn-bbq-exlarge-169.jpg

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Depends on how much the BBQ costs. $30 bucks for a sack lunch is kind of hard to beat.

Book One

Oct 25, 2017
Picking a winner here seems impossible

Though I will say, as someone who lives in Texas, seeing that BBQ pic made me genuinely angry for a second or two

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
$30 Italian entirely because we know exactly how much had to be paid for that nightmare. Brooklyn BBQ is likely worse about this - but the price is a pleasant mystery.

Keywork

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn BBQ, simply because coming from the south just having meat and bread on a plate with two pickles is not a BBQ meal. Where is the slaw, the mac and cheese, the collard greens, the BBQ beans with giant hunks of brisket or pork?!

Feb 10, 2018
The Italian meal is good, but a rip off.

The cheese on buttered bread is a perfectly acceptable lunch or snack.

So my vote goes to the brooklyn BBQ it looks posh and good quality, but is incomplete and under portioned.

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn BBQ is the sadder meal, both in terms of what it is and the overall context.

$30 Italian Meal is funny, but it's easy to forget that the price was what it was because he bought food for his sister too.

Butter and cheese sandwich is harmless.

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely the Brooklyn bbq, it's offensive to real bbq on every level.

The strugglewich is more funny than sad, it's not like it's aspiring to be a great meal.

The $30 Italian meal looks fine for take out American-Italian, if it was a $12 Italian meal no one would give it a second thought.

args

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
that italian meal looks pretty good actually. let's take it out of context for a moment before casting judgment.

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The pickles and grocery store rolls of the Brooklyn BBQ meal make it the most pathetic.

baggage

Oct 25, 2017
I couldn't get ESRGAN models to upscale it well, but Waifu2x did pretty good at it

k0b9KNd.png

FRV

Oct 27, 2017
Why you guys hating on Butter & Cheese Sandwich. It's not trying to be something else its is what its supposed to be, simplistic.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
I vote $30 Italian Meal because we know its price which gives us a good idea of how pathetic it is. European Cheese Sandwich is humble as fuck but probably didn't cost more than $2 to make and Brooklyn BBQ Tray at least has beer.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
This is a lot like when people joke about tap water being gross but don't realize most people have no access to clean water. Eat your damn cheese sandwich.

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
That Brooklyn BBQ picture (and accompanying article) just perfectly frames how New Yorkers can take the most ordinary thing in the world, do it themselves in the most ordinary way, and then proclaim it the greatest in the world.

Speaking of, has anyone heard of the amazing chopped cheese sandwich?! Only in New York amirite?!

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
That Brooklyn BBQ picture (and accompanying article) just perfectly frames how New Yorkers can take the most ordinary thing in the world, do it themselves in the most ordinary way, and then proclaim it the greatest in the world.

Speaking of, has anyone heard of the amazing chopped cheese sandwich?! Only in New York amirite?!
lol true
I will say this about the chopped cheese, there is a def. a certain science to it, as simple as it is, that makes it arguably greater than a burger. To me, it's the Maillard reaction to more surface area ratio. You get that down, and it's all groovy. I really don't approve of using frozen patties, tho I understand why for food carts.

Ortix

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sandwich is fine. Just a quick homemade bite.
Italian meal is good even. The funny part was the guy thinking it was a steal at 30 dollars.
So that Brooklyn BBQ is saddest. I'm getting sad looking at it.