• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which meal is the saddest meal?

• $30 Italian Meal

Votes: 395 28.5%
  • Butter & Cheese Sandwich

Votes: 565 40.7%
  • Brooklyn BBQ

Votes: 427 30.8%

• Total voters

Deleted member 33116

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 14, 2017
The bbq looks crap. The Italian meal looks more than acceptable to me. And I've eaten cheese sandwiches like that for ages, they're good.

Oct 28, 2017
California
Holy shit this thread is making me laugh my fucking head off LMAO

I voted for the Brooklyn BBQ because it represents New York hubris at it's most comical, plus those pickles are pathetic as fuck lmao

Opto

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I can't hate on the italian meal because maybe it really is good and just presented terribly. Cheese sandwich is sad because it's no effort, no love, and clearly alone. But Brooklyn BBQ is s fucking smug about itself. It's more infuriating than sad. Cheese sandwich it is.

Deleted member 835

User requested account deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Comparing a butter and cheese sandwich which costs like 15p to two full priced meals is kinda weird.

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man, they're all bad for different reasons.
Italian meal is bad because the dude was so excited posting it like it was this huge treat.
Struggwich is funny because it perfectly embodies European video game forum off topic smugness.
BBQ is awful because it embodies NYC smugness.
How can you choose?

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Italian meal was probably good though overpriced. They never opened the container to show what was in it either.

The Brooklyn BBQ thing requires a lot of context in that article. They charge by weight and the guy doing the article seemingly ordered a ton of food already so he didn't need that much more meat.

I just still don't even know what to make of a butter and cheese sandwich. Like...at least fry the thing. Easily the worst.

abrack

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
I think the "correct" answer is the cheese sandwich but... As a Texan the BBQ one actually makes me angry, so I voted BBQ.

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Of the three items listed one is a light snack and only two are a meal. So by default fuck that excuse for a Bbq

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I still don't get how people can look at a plate of barbeque and say it is "smug" or "insulting".

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
Sandwich definitely wins "sad", so that's what I voted, but at least it cost nothing. Those other things are not only pathetic but expensive.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
I still don't get how people can look at a plate of barbeque and say it is "smug" or "insulting".
It's quite a small portion. America is obese. That's why, mostly. Maybe also the presentation, but I believe the one who took the pic presented it like that, which is fine. But the food is paid for by weight, and if that was my last plate, I've been there. Sometimes you just wanna snack + a beer and chill at the end of a buffet or whatever. I'm sure it's over-priced knowing it's NYC, however. So fuck 'emmmm.

Plus, I can do better at home for 9$ and feed three.

psynergyadept

Shinra Employee
Oct 26, 2017
Damn..I wasn't ready for that Brooklyn BBQ; like holy shit it's hilarious/sad/and awful at the same damn time!!!

How's that a thing? people never been to a good BBQ joint that's for sure...

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That BBQ is so rough. I give it to the Italian Meal simply because I remember the original thread where OP was saying he was so stoked to be having a good meal, but then everyone ragged on him and he said he didn't have much money, overpaid, and that the food wasn't good.

That's sad.

The Euro struggle sandwich looks tasty tho. It's a wysiwyg type meal and there's no shame in that.

But OMG that BBQ is a fucking insult. The patheticness of those sides is almost worse than no sides at all.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
It's quite a small portion. America is obese. That's why, mostly. Maybe also the presentation, but I believe the one who took the pic presented it like that, which is fine. But the food is paid for by weight, and if that was my last plate, I've been there. Sometimes you just wanna snack + a beer and chill at the end of a buffet or whatever. I'm sure it's over-priced knowing it's NYC, however. So fuck 'emmmm.

Plus, I can do better at home for 9$ and feed three.
It's a Brooklyn BBQ place in Barcelona lol

Edit: Actually nevermind, that place is in NY. Author is putting different pictures of food from multiple restaurants. But yeah, it only looks like a small portion because everyone in America is too used to having more than they can actually eat. If you serve that in another country most people would be full.

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
They're all so very sad but the cheese on bread looks like it would taste the saddest. Those cheese slices could be the world's softest camembert and it'd still be sad. Nuke it in the microwave and put a pepperoni on top and call it a pizza and it still wouldn't be any more sad.

At least with the "Italian meal" I could dunk my face in the bread loaf. And those pickles in the "BBQ" picture look good despite their presence offending my southern sensibilities.

A Path Finder

Developer at ioi
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
You guys need to stop hating on that sandwich. Ima go make myself one right now, it will take all of 30s, it is going down with a glass of milk and it is going to be good.

plié

Alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2019
Thats just a normal sandwich? But out of the bunch yeah, those other two look actually pretty great.

Simba

Nov 25, 2017
the brooklyn bbq pic is offensive

the cheese sandwich pic....grill it and it'd be edible.

the italian meal looks overpriced but is prolly the tastiest thing there.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Thats just a normal sandwich? But out of the bunch yeah, those other two look actually pretty great.
Needs beans if it's for breakfast. Also, idk about you but it's incredibly rare I make a sandwich like that unless 2 things happen at the same time: 1.) I'm out of all other coldcuts and 2.) I am hungover or drunk at 3am. And there would be dabs of hotsauce on deck.

AmericanKirby

Aug 31, 2018
Inside your house
Italian meal looks good, but it's clearly overpriced.
Butter cheese sandwich is plain, but unpretentious - it's not claiming nor striving to be great.
Brooklyn BBQ just looks pathetic despite the fact that it's clearly trying to be good.

Brooklyn BBQ is saddest, IMO.

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
The $30 Italian meal looks like shit because of the takeout presentation, but it's probably pretty good and filling. The NY BBQ thing is insulting to BBQ, but still nowhere near as bad as that fucking cheese "sandwich."

Reversed

Oct 25, 2017
i take the italian meal AND the breads to wipe the saucy remains on the plate off and eat it (yeah there's bread in there but gimme those carbs to me, a mere mortal)

acheron_xl

Oct 27, 2017
MSN, WI
The $30 Italian meal looks like a $15 Italian meal that someone got gouged on. Not bad, just overpriced, and packaged in unaesthetic packaging because delivery or something.

The Brooklyn BBQ you at least have a couple flavors. And, even though the rolls are about two weeks old, maybe the meat isn't as dry as it looks!

The cheese on bread looks like Fyre Fest food.

Winner: Cheese on bread.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
The problem with the BBQ is the portion size, that's about it though. $30 Italian meal has always been more about the price to quality ratio rather than the quality outright. Butter and cheese sandwich though... fuck man, that's the house special at Creme De La Struggle.