Which character will you be starting with?

• Diva No. 5

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • Siugnas the Dismal King

Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Bonnie Blair & Formina Franklyn

Votes: 24 30.4%
  • Tsunanori Mido

Votes: 14 17.7%
  • Ameya Aisling

Votes: 8 10.1%

• Total voters

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
So from what I can discern, there's a time/event limit in Pulchara on top of the game checking how many regions have been liberated/fallen to the calamity (if all remaining regions are liberated or 3 regions fall to the calamity, you are also recalled early). You won't realistically run into this limit during your first visit to Pulchara, but it will become a factor from the second visit onwards if you want to clear 2 plot lines in one visit.

I've tried twice to clear two Pulchara plot lines at once and keep failing halfway through the second as Ameya and Sigunas talk more about the progress of the war. It appears you can lock yourself out of clearing the second plot line depending on how long it takes for you to clear the first one.

But I think I'll succeed in my third attempt now that I'm getting closer to figuring out the exact mechanics.

Gonna leave some notes here as I go along, expect mass edits to this post as I figure more things out...

Sigunas: Pulchara Visit 2, goal of clearing Red and Blue Witch plot lines.
- White: Starts at red status
- Yellow: Starts at yellow
- Black: Starts at red
- Blue: Starts at yellow
- Red: Starts at red

1) Visit Red Witches first to start on their plot line and to freeze calamity progress on their territory, along with the fact that there's only one mandatory battle meaning you won't lose much time if you fail to clear your chosen second plot line in time. All other regions remain at the same status as before.
2) Go to White to push it from red status to yellow. Black gets overrun.
3) Go to Yellow to push it from yellow status to green. White stays at yellow, Blue goes to red status.
4) Go to Blue to push it from red status to yellow. Yellow stays at green, White goes to red status.
5) Go to White to push it from red status to yellow. Yellow stays at green, Blue stays at yellow.
6) Advance Red Witch plot line (talk to the Red Squire). All other regions stay at their current status.
7) Go to White to push it from yellow status to green. Yellow goes to yellow status, Blue stays at yellow.
8) Advance Red Witch plot line (talk to the sisters). All other regions stay at their current status.
9) Go to Yellow to push it from yellow status to green. White stays at green, Blue goes to red status.
10) Advance Red Witch plot line (talk to the sisters again). All other regions stay at their current status.
11) Advance Red Witch plot line (go to the burning tower). All other regions stay at their current status.
12) Finish Red Witch plot line (visit the sisters again). All other regions stay at their current status.

1) Visit Blue Witches next, as their region is in the most immediate danger. White goes to yellow status, Yellow remains at green.
2) Advance Blue Witch plot line (meet the frog familiar). All other regions stay at their current status.
3) Go to White to push it from yellow status to green. Yellow remains at green.
4) Advance Blue Witch plot line (go to the castle).
I'd be interested to know how it goes. Assuming I don't get burnt out before trying that myself. I'm also still wondering if maybe you don't have to complete full playthroughs. Like I did Yellow with B+F, then with Sigunas I can do two more witches, and then with Diva, two more witches. Never finishing each playthrough and maybe the game still knows you did them? Idk.

Saito Hikari

Jul 3, 2021
I'd be interested to know how it goes. Assuming I don't get burnt out before trying that myself. I'm also still wondering if maybe you don't have to complete full playthroughs. Like I did Yellow with B+F, then with Sigunas I can do two more witches, and then with Diva, two more witches. Never finishing each playthrough and maybe the game still knows you did them? Idk.
I assume you have to complete full playthroughs, I don't see how the game can realistically keep track of your Pulchara total completion progress otherwise.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
I liked the 2nd run in Kamala with B+F. I wonder if there is a way to have dramatic resolutions to some of these worlds. Like in Cinq to not follow one of the factions or in Kamala to stop the ceremony.

In Kamala if you

do battles instead of trials so the flower grows and wilts, does that prevent the ceremony? Ceremony seems pretty shady to me.

So going back to whether the required worlds are the same for everyone. I am definitely getting different worlds than some of you did in B+F doing it as my last character.

I have 4 triangles now and at the junction these are the required worlds available: Grelon, Mare, Vermiglio, Kamala and Cinq. I don't have Delta Base available which is the one I was looking for since apparently it lets you skip a world and speed up the B+F run.

Also has anyone cleared any of the Mr. S super challenges? Wondering what kind of gear/stats you need. I tried my first one now and first enemy attack did 450HP damage to all party and wiped everyone.

Yeah I didn't have Grelon, Mare or Cinq as options in my B+F run (maybe Cinq? It's so damn unmemorable).

Absolutely not on the Mr S challenges lol. I've tried a couple times but my highest level party was Siugnas and I was handily annihilated on round one. I'm thinking if I'm still with this game I won't even try until I'm at the end of like a second Signius run.

So get this, on the next junction point, now my options are just Cinq, Vermiglio and Crowsrealm which wasn't there last time haha. So it seems like it just sorta randomly cycles a bunch of options each junction with B+F.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
Also I gotta say the save game management in this sucks. I hit my 99 limit on my 4th run and deleting old saves from the title screen is extremely slow to do one save at a time (speaking of which, why is there no "return to title" option in game?? You have to reset the whole game to get back to the title screen!). Been running my 5th run just juggling between two save slots because I'm too lazy to delete any more.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Ameya's run just sounds weird as hell from the way you guys talk about it.
It's like it's meant to be done dead last because there's a chance you'd have seen all 5 Pulchra events by then. But then they have her available as the demo character on Switch when she's not a good character to start with.

Saito Hikari

Jul 3, 2021
So I was able to successfully clear 2 plot lines in Pulchara in one visit as Sigunas during my second visit across all playthroughs. Here are the steps I took.

General rules of thumb that I've been able to figure out...

Conditions to end up being recalled to the central tower early:
- If 3 or more regions completely fall to the calamity, you will be recalled.
- If the calamity is purged from all regions that have not yet been overtaken, you will be recalled.
- There is an event/time limit. You'll know if you are approaching said limit based on dialogue talking about the progress of the war against the calamity. The mysterious robed person can also end the whole scenario early if you ask him to, which gives you the option of going to the central tower early.

The first region you visit is the plot line that you will pursue (and the second plot line will be from the first region you visit after ).

All plot lines have an interlude period, where you will be forced to observe the progress of the war in a different region before being allowed to continue progressing your chosen plot line. I have noticed that the second half of the Black and Red plot lines lack this interlude period, and I don't remember if White and Yellow did during my time with Diva's demo. Blue however seems to have this interlude period at every step.

When you visit a different region and push calamity progress back one stage, the progress of the calamity will be temporarily frozen in that region.

Because of the 'time/event' limit, you can end up locking yourself out of being able to clear 2 plot lines in one visit, by taking too long to clear your first chosen plot line due to poorly managing calamity progress in the other regions.

Starting Calamity progress in each region:

1) Visit Red Witches first to start on their plot line and to freeze calamity progress on their territory. All other regions remain at the same status as before.
2) Go to White to push it from red status to yellow. Black gets overrun. (In theory, you can visit Black to save it and have White get overrun instead, and you can substitute all mentions of White below with Black.)
3) Go to Yellow to push it from yellow status to green. White stays at yellow, Blue goes to red status.
4) Go to Blue to push it from red status to yellow. Yellow stays at green, White goes to red status.
5) Go to White to push it from red status to yellow. Yellow stays at green, Blue stays at yellow.
6) Advance Red Witch plot line (talk to the Red Squire). All other regions stay at their current status.
7) Go to White to push it from yellow status to green. Yellow goes to yellow status, Blue stays at yellow.
8) Advance Red Witch plot line (talk to the sisters). All other regions stay at their current status.
9) Go to Yellow to push it from yellow status to green. White stays at green, Blue goes to red status.
10) Advance Red Witch plot line (talk to the sisters again). It appears that from this point onward, progressing the Red Witch plot line doesn't result in the calamity progressing in other regions + the game won't force you to observe another region while waiting for the next step of the plot line.
11) Advance Red Witch plot line (go to the burning tower, fight the dragon). All other regions stay at their current status.
12) Finish Red Witch plot line (visit the sisters again). All other regions stay at their current status.

At this point, White should be at green, Yellow should be at green, Blue should be at red.

1) Visit Blue Witches next to freeze their calamity status and to start their plot line. White goes to yellow status, Yellow remains at green.
2) Advance Blue Witch plot line (meet the frog familiar). All other regions stay at their current status.
4) Advance Blue Witch plot line (go to the castle). White remains at green, Yellow goes to yellow status.
5) Go to Yellow to push it into green status. White goes to yellow status.
6) Advance Blue Witch plot line (go to the blue forest). All other regions stay at their current status.
7) Go to White to push it from yellow status to green. Yellow remains at green.
8) Finish Blue Witch plot line (go to the Tree of Forever Young, fight the beetles).

I was able to successfully clear both the red and blue witch plot lines, but it looks like the total 'time/event limit' is extremely tight. I saw dialogue between steps 7 and 8 of the Blue Witch plot line indicating that if I took one or two steps longer to clear both plot lines, I would have run into the time limit at the final step. This seems to indicate you have around 20 total steps/events in Pulchara before you run into the limit.

Is it possible to clear 3 plot lines in one visit? No. Upon clearing the second plot line, you get special dialogue from Ameya, and end up being recalled to the central tower immediately afterwards.

Last edited:

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
So I was able to successfully clear 2 plot lines in Pulchara in one visit as Sigunas during my second visit across all playthroughs. Here are the steps I took.

- If the calamity is purged from all regions that have not yet been overtaken, you will be recalled.
- There is an event/time limit. You'll know if you are approaching said limit based on dialogue talking about the progress of the war against the calamity. The mysterious robed person can also end the whole scenario early if you ask him to, which gives you the option of going to the central tower early.

The first region you visit is the plot line that you will pursue (and the second plot line will be from the first region you visit after ).

All plot lines have an interlude period, where you will be forced to observe the progress of the war in a different region before being allowed to continue progressing your chosen plot line. I have noticed that the second half of the Black and Red plot lines lack this interlude period, and I don't remember if White and Yellow did during my time with Diva's demo. Blue however seems to have this interlude period at every step.

When you visit a different region and push calamity progress back one stage, the progress of the calamity will be temporarily frozen in that region.

Because of the 'time/event' limit, you can end up locking yourself out of being able to clear 2 plot lines in one visit, by taking too long to clear your first chosen plot line due to poorly managing calamity progress in the other regions.

1) Visit Red Witches first to start on their plot line and to freeze calamity progress on their territory. All other regions remain at the same status as before.
2) Go to White to push it from red status to yellow. Black gets overrun. (In theory, you can visit Black to save it and have White get overrun instead, and you can substitute all mentions of White below with Black.)
10) Advance Red Witch plot line (talk to the sisters again). It appears that from this point onward, progressing the Red Witch plot line doesn't result in the calamity progressing in other regions + the game won't force you to observe another region while waiting for the next step of the plot line.
11) Advance Red Witch plot line (go to the burning tower, fight the dragon). All other regions stay at their current status.

At this point, White should be at green, Yellow should be at green, Blue should be at red.

1) Visit Blue Witches next to freeze their calamity status and to start their plot line. White goes to yellow status, Yellow remains at green.
4) Advance Blue Witch plot line (go to the castle). White remains at green, Yellow goes to yellow status.
6) Advance Blue Witch plot line (go to the blue forest). All other regions stay at their current status.
8) Finish Blue Witch plot line (go to the Tree of Forever Young, fight the beetles).

I was able to successfully clear both the red and blue witch plot lines, but it looks like the total 'time/event limit' is extremely tight. I saw dialogue between steps 7 and 8 of the Blue Witch plot line indicating that if I took one or two steps longer to clear both plot lines, I would have run into the time limit at the final step.

Is it possible to clear 3 plot lines in one visit? No. Upon clearing the second plot line, you get special dialogue from Ameya, and end up being recalled to the central tower immediately afterwards.
So for sure 3 entire playthroughs minimum. Ugh. Maybe I'll do Diva next if I have the energy. Or Sigunas if his story is shorter. I still fully expect myself to burn out by the time I finish with B+F though.

OP
OP
Jakenbakin

Jakenbakin

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Jun 17, 2018
Had a ton of fun in my latest visit to Yomi as Mido. I got to recruit both Dolores and Siugnas. as well as fight the hunter that tells you not to take Imakoo, who has a chance of dropping a soul with a dagger tech on it. I ended up doing a lot of testing in this scenario and yeah the second time I did the fight he didn't drop it, so I did it a third time because I knew I got one the first time.

I avoided recruiting Imakoo while also not fighting any of the wardens besides the first easy encounter with the wrath warden which I guess is mandatory. Upon unlocking the castle I found baby Siugnas, who transformed into Teen Siugnas when we left. He summons a brutal encounter to the castle and lower level ones to other regions if you visit them.

Wrath Warden will attack as you approach and from here you have three choices - fight your way through Sloth then escape (I did not see if fighting the others gets you anything), go to the town and recruit the people to surround the towers and escape (or still fight Sloth for the hell of it, but the others you can't reach), or go south where you get a scene about Dolores lore and a hard spirit. Leaving this area you are approached by the hunter. You can give Siugnas over which makes Dolores leave you as well, or fight him. Afterwards Siugnas helps you bypass the towers with a very very Siugnas flavored transport. Doing this locks you out from approaching the brutal encounter so don't be me and have to redo a bunch of shit if you want that.

I was able to successfully clear both the red and blue witch plot lines, but it looks like the total 'time/event limit' is extremely tight. I saw dialogue between steps 7 and 8 of the Blue Witch plot line indicating that if I took one or two steps longer to clear both plot lines, I would have run into the time limit at the final step.

Awesome, good work. I think last time I should've saved the third region then but I'm glad to know in future runs how to get two of them done hopefully.

Saito Hikari

Jul 3, 2021
So for sure 3 entire playthroughs minimum. Ugh. Maybe I'll do Diva next if I have the energy. Or Sigunas if his story is shorter. I still fully expect myself to burn out by the time I finish with B+F though.
I think Sigunas and B+F are longer campaigns. Diva only really has 4 required (and fixed) worlds and 6 random optional worlds from what I can tell, though my memory is slightly fuzzy on this. If she doesn't roll Pulchara as one of her optional worlds, in theory you can just restart her story until she does.

B+F appears to be required to go through... 8 random worlds? Some worlds randomly swap out as you go along. And I think Sigunas has 6 required (and fixed) worlds with a couple optional worlds randomly appearing in between, and Pulchara isn't one of his required worlds.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
So down to 3 green doors left for B+F and 1 was finally Delta Base. Which path do I need to follow to get to the prisoner and skip a world with B+F?

I think Sigunas and B+F are longer campaigns. Diva only really has 4 required (and fixed) worlds and 6 random optional worlds from what I can tell, though my memory is slightly fuzzy on this. If she doesn't roll Pulchara as one of her optional worlds, in theory you can just restart her story until she does.

B+F appears to be required to go through... 8 random worlds? Some worlds randomly swap out as you go along. And I think Sigunas has 6 required (and fixed) worlds with a couple optional worlds randomly appearing in between, and Pulchara isn't one of his required worlds.

Diva5's back half forces you to do like 3 optional worlds in a row (there is a no green door at the junction until you do that). Pretty sure I counted in my run and the minimum speedrun you can do for Diva5 is 8 worlds per run.

OP
OP
Jakenbakin

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
So down to 3 green doors left for B+F and 1 was finally Delta Base. Which path do I need to follow to get to the prisoner and skip a world with B+F?

Diva5's back half forces you to do like 3 optional worlds in a row (there is a no green door at the junction until you do that). Pretty sure I counted in my run and the minimum speedrun you can do for Diva5 is 8 worlds per run.
you get the code doing red squads mission where you take LP damage passing through the gates when he asks you to retrieve the whatever. But you give it to the green squads stuff iirc

CladInShadows

May 2, 2024
Had been looking forward to finally doing Pulchra and recruiting Ameya on my Siugnas run, only to realise I've locked myself out of it by doing the Capitol.

It's like it's meant to be done dead last because there's a chance you'd have seen all 5 Pulchra events by then. But then they have her available as the demo character on Switch when she's not a good character to start with.

I don't think that's right, I just think they expected people to rotate through the different main characters instead of focussing on one over and over again. So although you'd get the short ending for your first Ameya run, you'd have likely been to Pulchra enough times with the other characters by the time you got to doing her a second or third time.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
I don't think that's right, I just think they expected people to rotate through the different main characters instead of focussing on one over and over again. So although you'd get the short ending for your first Ameya run, you'd have likely been to Pulchra enough times with the other characters by the time you got to doing her a second or third time.

Nah. Considering hundreds, if not thousands of people are playing the game in all kinds of "natural" orders and no one has gotten Ameya's endgame naturally, I don't think this is right.

I think the team purposely made it so the first time you do Ameya's scenario it's short and a clear non-ending and then you're supposed to move on, do the other characters stories, and then buy the strategy guide and do a very specific complex thing no one would figure out on their own to go back and finish Ameya's route. It's a troll route. The team purposely wanted to make one scenario complicated and obtuse and see how long it took the community to figure it out.

Saito Hikari

Jul 3, 2021
Man, I was expecting that brutal difficulty blacksmith fight to be way harder from how people in this thread were describing it, or my Sigunas party is so overpowered that they can just brute force everything (that brutal difficulty dual wielding gunslinger in Avalon didn't give me any trouble either). I beat both first try without losing any party members.

I've been using the Speculation formation, which boosts the attack power of your 2nd, 3rd, and 4th party members along with reducing the BP cost of all techs by 1 for the 2nd and 4th members and reducing BP costs by 2 for the 3rd. The major downside is that everyone has reduced defense, you only gain 1 BP whenever you kill an enemy, and you only get 8 max BP (if there are even enough enemies for that to matter) compared to most other formations maxing out at 9 or 10.

However, I've found that despite the downsides, this formation absolutely thrashes most fights due to the massive advantage in BP economy that you start every fight with, on top of the attack boost. You basically start every fight with 8 BP if you're attacking with the three party members that have reduced BP costs, and it snowballs like crazy if you kill an enemy on the first turn (or two, since the BP gain is per enemy). I've had a few one turn kills on normal difficulty fights with this formation.

Last edited:

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Had been looking forward to finally doing Pulchra and recruiting Ameya on my Siugnas run, only to realise I've locked myself out of it by doing the Capitol.

How would I have known that though? With the way Ameya's story works, my natural conclusion with the lack of a final boss and nothing of an ending is that I did something wrong in HER story. Like I didn't gather enough cats, or I missed an important or something. It didn't help that on subsequent runs you get a bigger selection of worlds with her and some different events. It further reinforced that I had to do something different in her playthrough. Eventually I finally got an ending with her where she gains all her powers and properly says goodbye to her friends and I STILL don't get a final boss. I never would've imagined that I had to drop her after her first playthrough and do everyone else's story before going back to her's. And that's assuming everyone else even sees Pulchra and does all the different side stories. You would have to already know. Normally I'd be fine with this if it was to unlock some kind of secret route or something but the fact that you have to do this to even get a freaking final boss in an RPG is absurd and rubbed me the wrong way.

It sucks because I really like Ameya and feel obligated to finish her story. It feels bad getting such an unfinished ending. But I'm like 3 worlds into B+F and I'm getting kinda burnt out. And that's after experiencing new worlds with every single run of the game I've done including the four with Ameya. Pretty sure there's maybe like 2 worlds I haven't seen so I'm scared things are gonna get pretty tedious once I'm repeating them all.

OP
OP
Jakenbakin

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
I've been using the Speculation formation, which boosts the attack power of your 2nd, 3rd, and 4th party members along with reducing the BP cost of all techs by 1 for the 2nd and 4th members and reducing BP costs by 2 for the 3rd. The major downside is that everyone has reduced defense, you only gain 1 BP whenever you kill an enemy, and you only get 8 max BP (if there are even enough enemies for that to matter) compared to most other formations maxing out at 9 or 10.

I just got this formation and have been using it this run too and this formation is a lot of fun haha. Since I'm just carrying over my equipment and stomping through everything I put this formation on and have been goofing off with 2-3 2H sword/2H gun users to help glimmer and mimic new techs for my Kugutsu. The reduced BP definitely enables this ridiculousness.

I think I'm the only one who struggled with the dang bladesmith. Out of curiosity which version did you face? depending on the answer you give to his blade name there's 3 different versions. Iirc it was something like darkblayde, deathblayde, and dreadblayde. The last one is the strongest variation but I'm curious to know if the rewards for the other fights are as good because as weak as the Dreadblayde is I like it a lot still.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I struggled hard against the Dreadblayde version of the blacksmith in Ameya's story. From what I hear, Sigunas' party is built different. The death and petrification from the adds alone was enough to make that fight hard for me.

cozyduck

Oct 28, 2017
I've been using the Speculation formation

In general as BR raises I think using a formation with any kind of initial BP cost reduction is crucial on harder fights. Another one I think is incredibly good on specific fights is Trickster. Starts with 5 BP, gives a discount to conditionals on positions 1 and 2 (and some other bonuses for the others), but it's peculiar in that BP increases when counters or interrupts are used. Turns out it's 1 BP per such move, so you can get multiple BP per turn if multiple enemies can be interrupted, and the initial discount easily allows you to get 2 on turn one. This is particularly good on higher BR because there it's crucial to have as many characters as possible defend, as the damage reduction is significant.

Incidentally, that's also why at this point Coalescence is imo straight up not that good anymore. Starting with 4 BP and no discount is bad, and on top of that combos involving all characters have become a huge liability as they're just not strong enough to kill anything on early turns but leave all your characters undefended.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
New patch out on PC:

steamcommunity.com

Steam :: SaGa Emerald Beyond :: SaGa Emerald Beyond Update Content

These notes detail the major content of the update.
  • Spell targets will now be displayed while a spell is chanting as long as the original target is still alive.
  • Animations during some main menu operations have been shortened and response speed increased.
  • The Tips screen now clarifies that scanning requires the player to press and hold the button.
  • Fixed the issue wherein monster abilities could not be absorbed from the Cordycep fiend Lord of the Earth.
  • Fixed the issue wherein a technique with the Delay effect causing a United Attack to be broken would not properly take into account the number of units participating in the United Attack when recalculating the combo rate.
  • Fixed the issue wherein poison damage did not occur at the proper timing during an Overdrive.
  • Fixed an issue related to additional United Attacks when an Overdrive occurs.
  • Fixed an issue wherein monster abilities would not be absorbed when a Glimmer occurs during an Overkill.
  • Fixed an issue wherein an Overdrive occurring during an Unleash ability would cause the Unleashing creature to not participate in the Overdrive.
  • Removed abilities that cannot be absorbed from the Monster tech list.
  • Adjusted a misleading description in the Mr. S Trial It's Showtime.
  • Fixed the issue with the Mr. S Trial Unleash and Absorb wherein the trial would not be considered completed if an Unleash and Absorb occurred during a single Showstopper.
  • Increased the amount of combo rate increase provided by Chain attacks.
  • Adjusted the types of techs chosen for Overdrives.
  • Fixed an issue with conditional techs glimmered from Chain attacks.
  • Resolved the issue wherein a Showstopper could erroneously lead into a United Attack.
  • Fixed an issue wherein a character equipped with two different weapon types performing a Showstopper would have role effects specific to one type of weapon erroneously apply to techs performed by the other type of weapon.
    (Ex. Dreadblayde Nobunaga applying instant death-level damage to non-two handed sword techs.)
  • Fixed an issue wherein The Final Trial during Tsunanori Mido's journey would erroneously occur immediately before the final boss.
  • Fixed various minor graphical issues.
  • Fixed various minor text issues.
  • Adjusted various UI display elements.
  • Added further support for keyboard and mouse controls.
    - Shift + Mouse and the number pad may now be used to control the camera in areas where camera control is enabled.
  • Fixed other minor issues.

OP
OP
Jakenbakin

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
The patch is indeed out on console. I've also noticed that the upgrade screen now shows you what can be upgraded without having to click through.

"Fixed an issue wherein a character equipped with two different weapon types performing a Showstopper would have role effects specific to one type of weapon erroneously apply to techs performed by the other type of weapon.
(Ex. Dreadblayde Nobunaga applying instant death-level damage to non-two handed sword techs.)

...I feel called out.

Short clip of some of the damage output on my new sword (that I misspelled in the video, it is of course meant to be the Dreadblayde, my bad). Typical strong attacks for Hero are usually closer to 200+ HP. And I guess whatever bonuses your weapons have transfer to each other in showstoppers/overdrives, because my first "massive damage" done here wasn't even with the sword but the 2H gun.

View: https://youtu.be/exlDQnVo-os?si=RQ362bwGR90TtBdd

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
That part where Dolores sings in one of the towers... this game is hilarious
Cool we got an update, and it looks like they listened to some feedback regarding the menu speeds.
I had some wicked combos today, and I love chaining into combos. I also killed a prison warden using mostly counterattacks, it was great.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
Would be funny if they were like "fixed inability to get to Ameya's endgame" and it turned out it was just bugged this whole time.

Combo % increase on chains will help me out since I use them regularly.

Changing which techs are picked on overdrives could be good or bad.

That dreadblade nerf is funny given this thread lol

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
First time I did Delta Base in the PC demo for Diva5 I thought it was kind of ugly and boring.

Now after the 3rd time through it, I think it's probably one of the top worlds in that the three factions are all very unique storylines instead of like Cinq or Cordycep. I did Green team first time and fought like some super creature, yellow team and spider mech, and red team and beast king. And I feel like there's still stuff I'm missing here.

I haven't gotten the achievement for it "unlock all routes on the bottom floor", which is weird because I've messed with the triangle/square/circle computer and can go pretty much anywhere in the base?

Also apparently there is a brutal fight superboss hidden somewhere there? I've never found it.

you get the code doing red squads mission where you take LP damage passing through the gates when he asks you to retrieve the whatever. But you give it to the green squads stuff iirc

And yeah, I couldn't find this and just cleared it the normal way. Oh well.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Also apparently there is a brutal fight superboss hidden somewhere there? I've never found it.
Could that be the boss you fight from the Necronomicon or whatever? That's the one Brutal boss I faced in Delta Base but don't remember the details of how I got it. It involved unfreezing some people that froze after reading some books. Then Yellow asks for it but you find out it's for bad reasons and so you keep it and have to go back down to put it down. I think you're then given the option to open it and you fight it. It's just a variation of one of those giant flying squirrels with the shit-eating grins.

SpoonyGundam

Nov 18, 2018
And yeah, I couldn't find this and just cleared it the normal way. Oh well.
IIRC, once you find the biochip the game locks you out from the other crates, so you have to go past all the LP gates and start searching from the furthest crate. Both the progenitor code and Necronomicon page (For the Brutal fight) are back there.

Aug 27, 2019
I haven't gotten the achievement for it "unlock all routes on the bottom floor", which is weird because I've messed with the triangle/square/circle computer and can go pretty much anywhere in the base?

I accidentally got that the first time I was there with Mido, I think it's related to being able to move the middle platform to the fourth position, which is a solo platform that had Mido's brutal spirit there, because I remember it popping up when I went down and was able to move to that final position. I did the Necronomicon on that run and I got the code, but never got the chance to actually use it, and finished on yellow's route.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
IIRC, once you find the biochip the game locks you out from the other crates, so you have to go past all the LP gates and start searching from the furthest crate. Both the progenitor code and Necronomicon page (For the Brutal fight) are back there.

Ah, that explains that. I just go where the game tells me and it tells me to go to the crate with the biochip.

I accidentally got that the first time I was there with Mido, I think it's related to being able to move the middle platform to the fourth position, which is a solo platform that had Mido's brutal spirit there, because I remember it popping up when I went down and was able to move to that final position. I did the Necronomicon on that run and I got the code, but never got the chance to actually use it, and finished on yellow's route.

I'm pretty sure I've been there, but can't remember.

Totakeke

Oct 25, 2017

I got the biochip and proceeded to go through all the other gates to get the rest so that's definitely not always true.

SpoonyGundam

Nov 18, 2018
I got the biochip and proceeded to go through all the other gates to get the rest so that's definitely not always true.
Possibly! I haven't experimented with it extensively, I just vaguely remember being unable to go through the gates after getting the biochip in the Diva demo and started from the back every time after that.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
I wonder if anyone can answer this, because it's driving me crazy.

50-75% of the time I have 2+ characters in a connected green line chain, I'll have a later unconnected character too far from everyone do a chain attack and they'll jump in after the first character and add to the overall combo.

25-50% of the time when you jump into the combo it breaks the combo and the next person starts back at 100%

wtf, this makes zero sense. I am doing the same chain (covering fire pistol) and even in the same battle I have:

1_2_3_4_________________5

And 5 jumps between 1 and 2 so it goes 152_3_4 but the 5 breaks the combo so 1 is solo, 5 is solo and 2/3/4 do a 3 person combo instead of getting a 5 person super powerful combo.

Meanwhile same battle I have:

12____________3_____4____5

And 5 does chain and it goes 152 all in a single combo.

This makes zero sense. I have no idea what my chain person sometimes comes in with the a green bar under them connecting the combo and sometimes with a black bar under them breaking the combo. Both with the same support fire attack. What.is.going.on??

OP
OP
Jakenbakin

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
I wonder if anyone can answer this, because it's driving me crazy.

50-75% of the time I have 2+ characters in a connected green line chain, I'll have a later unconnected character too far from everyone do a chain attack and they'll jump in after the first character and add to the overall combo.

25-50% of the time when you jump into the combo it breaks the combo and the next person starts back at 100%

wtf, this makes zero sense. I am doing the same chain (covering fire pistol) and even in the same battle I have:

1_2_3_4_________________5

And 5 jumps between 1 and 2 so it goes 152_3_4 but the 5 breaks the combo so 1 is solo, 5 is solo and 2/3/4 do a 3 person combo instead of getting a 5 person super powerful combo.

Meanwhile same battle I have:

12____________3_____4____5

And 5 does chain and it goes 152 all in a single combo.

This makes zero sense. I have no idea what my chain person sometimes comes in with the a green bar under them connecting the combo and sometimes with a black bar under them breaking the combo. Both with the same support fire attack. What.is.going.on??
I don't think chains ever have a green timeline, they have to jump to where either 1 extended the timeline before them or 2 extended it behind them. Interrupts tend to give you a timeline but I don't think chains do unless I've missed a tech with one.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
I don't think chains ever have a green timeline, they have to jump to where either 1 extended the timeline before them or 2 extended it behind them. Interrupts tend to give you a timeline but I don't think chains do unless I've missed a tech with one.

But when I do

12_____________5

Both 1 and 2 are single space moves. But when 5 jumps between them all 3 combo! I'd think if that was the case 5 would break the combo there.

Like when 5 broke the combo this fight I'm talking about they basically jumped onto a green empty bar and broke it with a black bar. Maybe that's the trick, 5 can't jump into an empty space or they'll break the combo?

1_2____________5

5 jumps into the gap space and break the combo

12___________5

5 jumps between 1 and 2 and keeps the combo?

idk I need to just test this in a repeatable easy battle fight somewhere until I figure it out. Because sometimes I'll be in the middle of a big hard/brutal boss fight and set up the perfect combo string and then the chain person will jump in and break the whole thing and steal my victory away and it's really annoying.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
The way I understand it, the chain person needs to have someone's movement (green line) overlap with it.

1 2 3 4 5 (chain)
_ ________

Won't work because it'll fall create an empty gap between 1 and 2. That is unless either 1 or 2 have movement that covers that gap, a green light to 1's right or a green line to 2's left. Or both. I have no idea how to draw this lol. But once I understood that, I never once broke a combo with a chain tech.

Also how do I use my Mr. S tickets to fight him?

Saito Hikari

Jul 3, 2021
But when I do

12_____________5

Both 1 and 2 are single space moves. But when 5 jumps between them all 3 combo! I'd think if that was the case 5 would break the combo there.

Like when 5 broke the combo this fight I'm talking about they basically jumped onto a green empty bar and broke it with a black bar. Maybe that's the trick, 5 can't jump into an empty space or they'll break the combo?

1_2____________5

5 jumps into the gap space and break the combo

12___________5

5 jumps between 1 and 2 and keeps the combo?

idk I need to just test this in a repeatable easy battle fight somewhere until I figure it out. Because sometimes I'll be in the middle of a big hard/brutal boss fight and set up the perfect combo string and then the chain person will jump in and break the whole thing and steal my victory away and it's really annoying.
Uhhh to put it this way...

A chaining party member has to land on a green space that will still be there after sliding into either a vacant space or pushing the next character to the right in the timeline.

So visualize this:

(Party member 1) (Chaining party member) (Party member 2)

If party members 1 and 2 are using a single space move like Eliminate, the chain will break once the chaining party member slides in. However, if either party member 1 is using a move that creates a green space one space ahead in the time, and/or party member 2 is using a move that creates a green space one space behind them in the timeline, the chaining party member can slide in without breaking the combo.

Or, uh... Let me grab some pictures real quick.

image.png

If the chaining party member slides in between that, the chain will break. Neither of the two party members here are using a move that will create an empty green space once the chaining party member pushes the second party member to the right in the timeline.

image.png

If the chaining party member slides in between that, the chain will be maintained, as there will still be a green space when the second party member is pushed to the right in the timeline.

image.png

Same principle as the above here, except this time it's the second party member creating a space for the chaining party member to slide in without breaking the chain.

On a side note, interrupts do create green spaces beneath themselves when they activate, so you can use them as a chain finisher if you're sure the enemy acting after your party members is still going to be alive to trigger your interrupt.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Can someone explain to me wtf Maelstrom does? I hate fighting Krakens so much because of it.

Saito Hikari

Jul 3, 2021
Can someone explain to me wtf Maelstrom does? I hate fighting Krakens so much because of it.
IIRC it's an AoE attack that hits everything moving after the Kraken. So if you use techs that shift your party members to the left of the Kraken on the timeline (and/or have your fastest party members delay the shit out of it), your party will be safe from it.

ATXAlchemy

Nov 1, 2017
Oh nice, an update. I haven't checked it but I hope they do more coz the one thing that stood out to me was that the interface's functionality/usability felt worse than Scarlet Grace, especially in-battle.
SSG was clearly designed for Vita and later adapted to KB and mobile, but SagaEme felt like mobile/touchscreen-only was the first interface cooked up.
I'm pretty sure they could've kept similar controls while still giving out more info.

I haven't played after that short Ameiya run. Waiting for the strat book to come out (and busy with other things). Though I'm also really tempted to just do more runs on SSG instead. Finished it 2 times on Vita, but on PC, I did Leonard as my first with huge tech grind run in mind.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
IIRC it's an AoE attack that hits everything moving after the Kraken. So if you use techs that shift your party members to the left of the Kraken on the timeline (and/or have your fastest party members delay the shit out of it), your party will be safe from it.
My issue with it is that it seems to have a Death effect but I can't tell because the game doesn't let you see what enemy attacks even do. Sometimes my party members just die.

SpoonyGundam

Nov 18, 2018
It isn't necessarily character 1 or 2 enabling the chain to combo in that situation. If the combo bars from character 3 or 4 provide enough coverage to connect everyone after the chain, it's fine. Other characters don't block combo coverage unless they're defending or doing some other incompatible action.
On a side note, interrupts do create green spaces beneath themselves when they activate, so you can use them as a chain finisher if you're sure the enemy acting after your party members is still going to be alive to trigger your interrupt.
Unless the update changed something, I'm pretty sure you can not.

Once an enemy has started attacking in order to be interrupted, your combo is over and all the combo bars vanish. There's nothing to combo with.

Interrupts need to kill the enemy and have another ally cover the range below that enemy in order to combo, since you can't range capture either unless you already have a combo going. I hate them in this.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
Finished B+F run. Final boss was considerably easier than Diva5/Siugnas. I'm going to assume it was at a lower BR even if the enemies were the same and the fight were brutal/brutal. I was doing so much damage to the terracota warriors it felt like easy mode, like Mido's boss.

My playtime for Diva5 was 20+ hours when I hit the boss, my playtime for Siugnas was around 20 hours when I hit the boss, my playtime in B+F when I hit the boss was around 14 hours, so I think I just didn't fight enough to bring the BR to the same level as those fights.

Was nice beating both phases on the first attempt though.

B+F's scenario was pretty bad. Very little story and what was there was super boring. I'd only rate it above Diva5's scenario. Now that I've finished all 5 though Ameya doesn't really count I'd say:

Siugnas > Mido > Ameya > B+F > Diva5 for scenarios.

Not sure what I want to do next now that I've cleared all the scenarios once. Maybe another Mido run to see what changes.

Also my 2nd time doing Pirate World was pretty fun. That's a good world. Probably has the best story, NPC characters, and story endings. I got

Azure

But all that was left was the final boss so didn't get to use them. Now I just want to know if you can recruit

Ivar's dad

It isn't necessarily character 1 or 2 enabling the chain to combo in that situation. If the combo bars from character 3 or 4 provide enough coverage to connect everyone after the chain, it's fine. Other characters don't block combo coverage unless they're defending or doing some other incompatible action.

Once an enemy has started attacking in order to be interrupted, your combo is over and all the combo bars vanish. There's nothing to combo with.

Interrupts need to kill the enemy and have another ally cover the range below that enemy in order to combo, since you can't range capture either unless you already have a combo going. I hate them in this.

I can combo into interrupts if I had my combo going right up until the enemy panel and the interrupt goes in front of that and continues the combo. I think you can combo pursuits the same way where they start a combo if you have party members right after the enemy.

OP
OP
Jakenbakin

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018

Interrupts do perform the way they were saying, even if it doesn't really make sense that they do.

What bugs me every time though is when you interrupt and kill an enemy. Typically when you kill an enemy you claim their combo space, but when you interrupt that shit just goes away. I've done it so many times now where I'm like oh yeah fuck this doesn't work. And it drives me nuts because by the logic of the game this one SHOULD.

SpoonyGundam

Nov 18, 2018
Weird, I've tried to combo into an interrupt a bunch of times and it's never worked. I always see my combo end and the bars vanish before the interrupt triggers. Maybe Overdrives screw it up, but I don't think I triggered one every time I tried?

Saito Hikari

Jul 3, 2021
Weird, I've tried to combo into an interrupt a bunch of times and it's never worked. I always see my combo end and the bars vanish before the interrupt triggers. Maybe Overdrives screw it up, but I don't think I triggered one every time I tried?
Overdrives indeed screw it up for some reason, and I think it usually happens if the last party member participating in the original chain doesn't get to participate in the overdrive for whatever reason. It's very, VERY dumb.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
Also now that I've finished all 5 characters.

Once again, it is VERY WEIRD that only a single MC has a piece of clear art? This makes no sense.

stZMonZh.jpg

I can't believe that somehow I true end cleared Siugnas so I get that art, but not any of the other scenarios. It's just really weird.

Maybe even the devs think Siugnas is the only MC that matters in this lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jakenbakin

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
End of Mido run 2 is very cool and very different from the first one. The beginning and some neat Junction mechanics already differentiated it but the ending feels much more illuminating to his story and the universe lore. I'm now headed into my 7th run and finally playing as Diva I guess, but I'm still more excited to see further runs from the others so much haha.

Edit: Mido and Ameya both have gold bars on their names on the character select screen which is interesting because I've obviously not attained the mythical Ameya ending, but both scenarios did end with a sense of finality to character arcs, even if hers was without much of a climax and more of a cliffhanger. It's interesting to have a game that's so fucking obscure you don't even know if and when you've beaten it.