Which character will you be starting with?

• Diva No. 5

Votes: 23 28.8%
  • Siugnas the Dismal King

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • Bonnie Blair & Formina Franklyn

Votes: 25 31.3%
  • Tsunanori Mido

Votes: 14 17.5%
  • Ameya Aisling

Votes: 8 10.0%

• Total voters

Itsuki

Oct 26, 2017
How do you get Blood Gear in Siugnas' story? I'm playing in Japanese and the in game tutorial is kinda confusing.

OP
OP
Jakenbakin

Jakenbakin

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Jun 17, 2018
How do you get Blood Gear in Siugnas' story? I'm playing in Japanese and the in game tutorial is kinda confusing.
You're given a new item for completing each of your generals mandatory worlds. I don't quite remember if you have to upgrade them before they're officially blood gear or not tbh, but maybe.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Saito Hikari I'm following your guide on the second Pulchra run but with Diva. Seems like everyone has the same subsequent run because it's playing out the same exact way as your guide. After Diva I'll do Mido twice I guess since apparently he doesn't get a real Pulchra till his second playthrough. Can't believe I'm doing this just for Ameya. Still mostly basing this off of how I feel. If I get burnt out I'll just stop.

Also, I really wish this game's soundtrack was up on YouTube already besides only a few game rips. I adore it and there's quite a lot of tracks people haven't uploaded.

Synohan

Oct 25, 2017
Made it to the end of Diva's campaign. I'm pretty sure i'll be able to win the second phase. Just need to remember what I upgraded and repeat the same on my second attempt tomorrow. Game wouldn't load after pressing reattempt, so that's it for tonight. Pretty long campaign for my first character.

Saito Hikari

Jul 3, 2021
Having now beaten all the protags my ranking would be Siugnas > Mido 2 > Mido 1 > Bonnie & Formina > Ameya 2 > Diva No 5 > Ameya 1. For the most part I really enjoyed all of the scenarios, but Ameya's first run kind of feels like "the fuck even happened" and Diva No. 5 is underbaked in that it seems to have aspirations of playing up party interactions like Siugnas', but just misses the mark by having those interactions being a couple lines in the junction after worlds instead of having anything to do with the worlds themselves.
Yeah, I just finished Sigunas' scenario myself and I now think Diva's scenario is just straight up unfinished or it went through major changes during development. Her party is just not explained at all (it's obvious that each member is from a different world), and the ending is super abrupt. (What the hell happened to Constantine after the fact? What is the rest of the party doing now? What of all the mandatory robots that join Diva during the story? I kind of wonder if the original plan was to have Diva visit the worlds that the starting party members were from, but they quickly pivoted to other robots for reasons, especially the one in Brighthome which seems really, really random.)

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
Yeah, I just finished Sigunas' scenario myself and I now think Diva's scenario is just straight up unfinished or it went through major changes during development. Her party is just not explained at all (it's obvious that each member is from a different world), and the ending is super abrupt. (What the hell happened to Constantine after the fact? What is the rest of the party doing now? What of all the mandatory robots that join Diva during the story? I kind of wonder if the original plan was to have Diva visit the worlds that the starting party members were from, but they quickly pivoted to other robots for reasons, especially the one in Brighthome which seems really, really random.)

I don't understand why they didn't copy Siugnas' scenario structure for some of the other ones. I.e. when you go into certain worlds you get the backstory to one of your starting party members. This would work with Diva5's party and they could also work stuff into the puppets with Mido. Or Ameya recruits witches on assignment in different worlds and they all have their own sub-scenario.

Having now beaten all the protags my ranking would be Siugnas > Mido 2 > Mido 1 > Bonnie & Formina > Ameya 2 > Diva No 5 > Ameya 1. For the most part I really enjoyed all of the scenarios, but Ameya's first run kind of feels like "the fuck even happened" and Diva No. 5 is underbaked in that it seems to have aspirations of playing up party interactions like Siugnas', but just misses the mark by having those interactions being a couple lines in the junction after worlds instead of having anything to do with the worlds themselves.

Yeah, seems about right from what I've done. Siugnas and Mido 2 have been the best. They've also been the ones with the most narrative. I like narrative in my games though.

The more I do Capital City (I've done it 4 times I think so far), the more I dislike it even though it's a cool looking map. The election is just sooooooo incredibly boring. And plays out mostly the same every single run. Lots of dialogue to skip. Very few battles.

Also the scenario makes it seem like something is up with Allen because of his comment about VTOLs towards the end, but I haven't had any scenario where you can investigate Allen and find out he's like a secret alien or something (which would at least be something interesting).

It's crazy how some worlds have so much variety, yet other worlds you end up doing over and over again in your runs because they're required and they're like 95% the exact same thing every time. Just seems so odd to put the effort for replays into some worlds but not others.

Last edited:

Saito Hikari

Jul 3, 2021
The more I do Capital City (I've done it 4 times I think so far), the more I dislike it even though it's a cool looking map. The election is just sooooooo incredibly boring. And plays out mostly the same every single run. Lots of dialogue to skip. Very few battles.

Also the scenario makes it seem like something is up with Allen because of his comment about VTOLs towards the end, but I haven't had any scenario where you can investigate Allen and find out he's like a secret alien or something (which would at least be something interesting).

It's crazy how some worlds have so much variety, yet other worlds you end up doing over and over again in your runs because they're required and they're like 95% the exact same thing every time. Just seems so odd to put the effort for replays into some worlds but not others.
I've begun to notice a consistent theme across most of the worlds, of some sealed evil that we can't even fight or greater deity that oversees things in each world. There also seems to be a theme of each world going through cycles. Then there's the antagonist group which only really get in our way, their actual motivations and where they fit into all of this isn't explained at all.

I find the game's overarching narrative rather fascinating, but it also feels rather incomplete because there really isn't any payoff for all of this setup as far as anyone is aware.

OP
OP
Jakenbakin

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
I'm trying to be a lore fiend, the game just ignores all my advances though :( I definitely feel like I'm putting pieces together at some points, but then I also turn around and go "wait no actually what the fuck were the triangles again?"

I started Mido #3 last night and am still getting new dialogue in the intro, though it felt more remixed off the first scenario which is interesting. I also finally decided to do a BR carryover and am just getting annihilated in my first world Avalon haha. That damn dual wielding gun dude was probably in my top 3 most challenging fights in the game, and now he's really testing my abilities. Had to call it quits last night and will come back to him today with a better strategy hopefully.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017

Synohan

Oct 25, 2017
Just beat Diva's final boss! Not too bad, but having the foresight of a bad time for the final boss probably helped. What was that ending though, it just ends. Feels right out of Blue's ending in Saga Frontier lol

Starting Ameya now.

Mar 11, 2020
Yeah.

I should also clarify, it doesn't seem like you're supposed to ship out the spirit stones yourself (I just tried that and have been getting pathetic offers for them), the things I listed randomly appear in the bidding section. I see a trade for 2 Magic Stones for 80 Spirit Stones.
I knew something was up cause every time i put up 30 of something all the offers are the same as 1 of a thing. Feels kinda like a bug idk, but seems best trading same tier weapons around to build rank.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
My second run of Pulchra is burning me out. Doing all the side stories is so damn tedious. Too many constant battles. Do I really have to fight them all?

OP
OP
Jakenbakin

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
My second run of Pulchra is burning me out. Doing all the side stories is so damn tedious. Too many constant battles. Do I really have to fight them all?
Nope. At least I don't think so? I fought them all my first time and the next two times I just watched the witches slay. Didn't seem to make a difference.

Saito Hikari

Jul 3, 2021
If you're referring to the calamity crystal fights, those are completely optional and you can just watch the witches the whole way through. It makes zero difference to the overall progression of the plot lines there. The only fights that matter are the mandatory ones and the final one that dictates whether Ameya joins your party or not.

I suspect the devs made it like this because Pulchara would have been EXTREMELY annoying if you didn't have the option to skip those fights.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
If you're referring to the calamity crystal fights, those are completely optional and you can just watch the witches the whole way through. It makes zero difference to the overall progression of the plot lines there. The only fights that matter are the mandatory one and the final one that dictates whether Ameya joins your party or not.

I suspect the devs made it like this because Pulchara would have been EXTREMELY annoying if you didn't have the option to skip those fights.
Oooh I could've sworn the game said the progress slowed if I fought instead of watched. Fuck that then. I'll only fight in the one where you recruit Ameya.

Saito Hikari

Jul 3, 2021
Oooh I could've sworn the game said the progress slowed if I fought instead of watched. Fuck that then. I'll only fight in the one where you recruit Ameya.
Really? If the game said that, it might slow calamity progress, but I observed no difference during the demo and on a pragmatic level, you really don't want to go through that kind of hassle unless you really want to grind up your party for some reason. If you fight them all while trying to clear two of Pulchara's plot lines and screw up towards the end, that could potentially be an hour or two down the drain instead of half an hour.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
so how does this game compare to Scarlet Grace Ambitions? I've checked Noisy Pixel's reviews for both games and it seems like Scarlet Grace is the stronger package.

cozyduck

Oct 28, 2017
Can confirm that you do not need to fight the calamity battles, you can just watch them all. I did that on my last Pulchra visit and managed to complete 2 quests

Saito Hikari

Jul 3, 2021
so how does this game compare to Scarlet Grace Ambitions? I've checked Noisy Pixel's reviews for both games and it seems like Scarlet Grace is the stronger package.
Scarlet Grace is definitely the stronger package in regards to actually feeling like you're playing a complete game no matter what character you choose, though a lot of the actual exploring and narrative feels like random guesswork.

Emerald Beyond generally has a stronger narrative and the combat feels more strategic overall, but it revolves around lots of repeat playthroughs in order to experience most of what the game has to offer, and quite frankly the overall world structure is very hit or miss.

OP
OP
Jakenbakin

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
Mido's third ending is wild? Lmao.

First of all there's something to say about how the Quisstatium dude's goals are completely contrary to his second ending, where he wanted to merge all the worlds. BUT! I'm wondering if the other door in the Junction might have revealed they still intended to merge them all, just without Miyako City/Mido there to interfere? Need to check. Fake edit here, and while I'm not going to finish the other ending because fuck beating Diverse Heaven a second time, without all the mid battle upgrades I had to perform in the other ending done, it does indeed look like he was planning to join the worlds as one still.

But the whole false family thing was hilarious in how nonchalant the family members behaved about cutting ties to him. The dad even specifically saying "I spent so long with you I almost think of you as my kid. Anyway, take care!" What a wild sentiment to have for the dude who raised him to say, especially given his second ending had him wholly embraced as an adopted child (and this ones intro even had the uncle gushing about Tsunanori making him so proud as a Mido! Not that the uncle featured in the story afterwards).

It's definitely worth considering everybody's scenarios are alternate universes rather than, well, conjoined worlds. The Mido in Capitol City segment makes it clear Mido doesn't believe he's in his universes Capitol City, so it's easy enough to see playthrough 2 and 3 as just having different families in different circumstances. Still a wild ass turn haha.

I started a fourth playthrough and it has identical dialogue to the third playthroughs intro, so I'm thinking I'm at the end of the unique scenarios for Mido with the exception of how the ending is handled, since there were a few branching choices at the end of this one (and maybe that's why it starts you on the third scenario instead of looping around). Just an absurd amount of layers and permutations in this game.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I can't freaking beat the End of Calamity battle with Diva. I don't have any powerful aoe attacks and there are too many enemies casting spells at once. It takes too long to kill each of them and it's hard relying on lucky stuns and Overdrives. Diva has two aoe moves on her and every time she goes into Overdrive she doesn't even use them. And again, even if she does, she's weak as hell.

Oct 4, 2020
Scotland
Planning on starting this over the next couple of days. Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I've read a lot about doing multiple playthroughs for each character. Should you jump into the 2nd playthrough for a character right after finishing the 1st one, or is it better to jump between different characters (so do everyone's 1st playthrough, then go onto the 2nd playthroughs etc)? Wasn't sure if there was a 'correct' way to approach this!

OP
OP
Jakenbakin

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
Planning on starting this over the next couple of days. Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I've read a lot about doing multiple playthroughs for each character. Should you jump into the 2nd playthrough for a character right after finishing the 1st one, or is it better to jump between different characters (so do everyone's 1st playthrough, then go onto the 2nd playthroughs etc)? Wasn't sure if there was a 'correct' way to approach this!
A lot of people seem to have gone about it in various ways. Mido and Ameya are both substantially shorter runs that depend on replaying their scenarios to get more out of them, but Ameya has an ending tied to completing side quests as OTHER characters so I wouldn't replay hers a bunch back to back, and it's guaranteed to feel the most incomplete on first playthrough. The other protagonists have longer playthroughs so you might not want to replay them back to back.

Personally I went Mido -> Siugnas -> Ameya -> Ameya -> Bonnie & Formina -> Diva No. 5 -> Mido -> Mido. Mido serves as a good intro to the game because of a shorter scenario and is fun to replay because I think his scenario probably changes the most. But they all have unique aspects to them. I would recommend Siugnas as the strongest scenario for his larger narrative focus, extremely fun protagonist, and very fun vampire mechanics, and you can basically play his scenario alone and get a more "complete" experience than any other character I think.

You might be able to recruit the same characters across different protagonists, but a lot of party members are also unique to certain protagonists so you can't really count on it too much.

Oct 4, 2020
Scotland
A lot of people seem to have gone about it in various ways. Mido and Ameya are both substantially shorter runs that depend on replaying their scenarios to get more out of them, but Ameya has an ending tied to completing side quests as OTHER characters so I wouldn't replay hers a bunch back to back, and it's guaranteed to feel the most incomplete on first playthrough. The other protagonists have longer playthroughs so you might not want to replay them back to back.

Personally I went Mido -> Siugnas -> Ameya -> Ameya -> Bonnie & Formina -> Diva No. 5 -> Mido -> Mido. Mido serves as a good intro to the game because of a shorter scenario and is fun to replay because I think his scenario probably changes the most. But they all have unique aspects to them. I would recommend Siugnas as the strongest scenario for his larger narrative focus, extremely fun protagonist, and very fun vampire mechanics, and you can basically play his scenario alone and get a more "complete" experience than any other character I think.

You might be able to recruit the same characters across different protagonists, but a lot of party members are also unique to certain protagonists so you can't really count on it too much.
Thanks for all the info! That's helpful. I was considering stating with Siugnas but might go with Mido as that sounds like a good way to ease myself into the game. Glad to hear Siugnas is good though as he was the character I've been most interested in.

Schopenhauer

Oct 27, 2017
It probably depends on what you are looking to get out of the game, since they have very different design philosophies. Scarlet Grace is more centered around the main characters individual stories playing out as they travel around the world (with one of the characters having a free scenario style adventure). Emerald Beyond focuses more on traveling to different worlds, with the main character experiencing that world's story but not necessarily having any, or very weak, story ties to that particular world.

Emerald Beyond seems designed to be played multiple times with multiple main characters, while in Scarlet Grace each characters story feels complete after a single playthrough (although there are multiple endings with some variation in how the story plays out).

OP
OP
Jakenbakin

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
So I noticed after my third Mido playthrough the character select screen shows Miyako City in the background when you hover over him, in addition to the gold bars around his name. Maybe their world indicates a "thorough completion" though then I question what the fuck the gold bars mean lol.

Comparisons:

s0WbCHb.jpeg

L4JujNR.jpeg

ibcjDVO.jpeg

Saito Hikari

Jul 3, 2021
I can't freaking beat the End of Calamity battle with Diva. I don't have any powerful aoe attacks and there are too many enemies casting spells at once. It takes too long to kill each of them and it's hard relying on lucky stuns and Overdrives. Diva has two aoe moves on her and every time she goes into Overdrive she doesn't even use them. And again, even if she does, she's weak as hell.
The fight was hard for me at first.

Using AoE attacks as Diva generally isn't worth it either (especially since your AoEs are only going to scratch enemies that are defending), most mech AoEs that you likely have access to are pretty weak compared to AoE options that other characters get.

If you have the Speculation formation, use it. Put your hardest hitting character with higher BP skills in position 3 since that lowers all of their BP costs by 2, then whatever you want for 1 BP cost reduction in positions 2 and 4 (my advice for this is a gunner, 1 BP Stunning Shot and Covering Fire matters A LOT).

That formation effectively lets you start a fight with 8 BP and increased attack power at the expense of your defense and you only get an increase in BP if you kill an enemy, but the overwhelming offensive advantage you begin with is usually enough to steamroll most fights before the decreased defense ever comes into play.

Although... Now that I think about it, Emerald Beyond doesn't show you the BP cost of enemy abilities like Scarlet Grace does. Both the player and enemies operated under the same rules in Scarlet Grace as far as BP management went (enemy parties usually began fights with 4-5 BP, you could see the BP costs of enemy moves, and you usually didn't see enemies pulling off high BP attacks until 3+ turns in), but it sort of looks like enemies ignore that limitation in Emerald Beyond.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh why does the game keep forcing me to do optional worlds with Diva? I just wanna finish already.

Saito Hikari oh I beat that a while ago by sort of respeccing Bluth into a mage using this dagger that gave me a powerful ice spell. It annihilated them one by one and triggered easy overdrives. Magic is OP. Now I'm mostly steamrolling the game with Ameya in my party. She even learned a stupid strong single target spell called Incinerate. Problem is that now on my 6th playthrough, bosses have so much freaking health that I can hardly really dent them without that spell. I guess it's because of how high BR has stacked. I'll keep that Speculation strategy handy Mido or Siugnas though, assuming I don't fucking burn out by then. Diva's story is too long for what it is.

Saito Hikari

Jul 3, 2021
I've done all the scenarios at least once now. I went Diva -> B+F -> Sigunas -> Ameya -> Mido.

I now get the impression that I probably progressed through the game in the hardest possible order, especially in regards to how absolutely busted Ameya is when you get to recruit her in any other route.

Sigunas, Ameya, and Mido can be recruited by all the other lead characters as far as I've heard. Diva can be recruited by B+F towards the start of their campaign if you cleared her own campaign beforehand, and I'm not aware if B+F can be recruited in any other campaign. Ameya and Mido require the least effort to recruit as a different lead character, while recruiting Sigunas requires a specific ending in Yomi as a different character and clearing his campaign first.

Also, It feels like I got a lot more unique weapons from my Mido and Sigunas run, compared to all the other campaigns. I believe Mido has the most amount of optional brutal difficulty encounters that would drop such gear. I did actually manage to get all Divine spirits on my first run as Mido, though his ending left me with more questions than answers. I guess I'm supposed to do another run if I want to see his real final boss.

Honestly, it feels like the optimal route to play through the campaigns might be something like this:

1) Mido (to power him up for all other campaigns and to power Boh up for Ameya's campaign)
2) Ameya (to power her up for all other campaigns)
3) Sigunas (the easiest of the 'advanced' campaigns, and completion of his campaign appears to be a pre-requisite to unlock him as a party member for all other campaigns)
4) Diva (to unlock her as a party member in B+F)
5) B+F (I believe Diva's final boss is harder, but B+F's starting party is so weak compared to the others that their campaign was the only one where I actively replaced most of the starting party. I also haven't heard anything about whether completion of their campaign actually unlocks anything for all the others.)
6) Mido true ending
7) Ameya true ending (if you've seen all Pulchara plotlines through all the other campaigns)

I grinded out my trading rank and trial rank, and can now get Magic Stones, Obsidian, and Meteorites rather easily. Superalloy however only appears to be available from one specific trial and some of the Mr. S super fights which I am nowhere near strong enough for yet. It appears to be a lot more cost efficient (as far as saving materials goes) to upgrade unique gear in the later runs, as there are typically less overall steps and overall less materials consumed to max them out (and I believe many have better stats than generic gear too). I know there's also a few unique weapons that allow you to shift them into different weapon types using very common crafting materials, and they will carry over their enhancement level into their new form when you do so. Like the below:

image.png

Last edited:

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't know you could recruit Mido with other characters. I guess it's because I've never been to Miyako City with anyone but Ameya since she starts there. She doesn't seem to be able to recruit him. I know Mido can't recruit Ameya so I'm definitely gonna feel her absence there.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
So I noticed after my third Mido playthrough the character select screen shows Miyako City in the background when you hover over him, in addition to the gold bars around his name. Maybe their world indicates a "thorough completion" though then I question what the fuck the gold bars mean lol.

Comparisons:
s0WbCHb.jpeg

L4JujNR.jpeg

ibcjDVO.jpeg

Huh, yeah that's interesting. Wonder what it all means.

1) Mido (to power him up for all other campaigns and to power Boh up for Ameya's campaign)
2) Ameya (to power her up for all other campaigns)
3) Sigunas (the easiest of the 'advanced' campaigns, and completion of his campaign appears to be a pre-requisite to unlock him as a party member for all other campaigns)
4) Diva (to unlock her as a party member in B+F)
5) B+F (I believe Diva's final boss is harder, but B+F's starting party is so weak compared to the others that their campaign was the only one where I actively replaced most of the starting party. I also haven't heard anything about whether completion of their campaign actually unlocks anything for all the others.)
6) Mido true ending
7) Ameya true ending (if you've seen all Pulchara plotlines through all the other campaigns)

What are we considering Mido's true ending though? Are we sure we've seen B+F/Diva5's true ending? I feel like there might be more to Diva5 but no one wants to keep running that scenario over and over haha

Aug 27, 2019
Started up Mido's third run. Was curious based on how much was changing and being revealed whether this was the last variation, interesting to know it is. Got Grelon again as one of my first 2 choices despite it being part of my first, so I suppose it doesn't necessarily prefer worlds you haven't visited. Still, found the iterative runs to be a neat way to handle his campaigns.

Just on the cusp of having him being able to do the sword/gun duo as well, so I'm interested in how effective it is once I unlock it.

Also is it just me, or was his last boss on run 2 kind of a joke for a brutal, especially compared to some of the spirit brutals? The fire brutal in Cinq took me multiple tries and revisions, where I stomped that last boss first try. Honestly, a bit disappointed.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I think I might just be finished with the game this Diva run. This being my 6th playthrough, I think I'm just tired. I'm just going through the motions right now. B+F's story took me 15 hours to finish but Diva's somehow feels longer at 9 hours so far.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Alright I beat Diva's story last night. It sucked. I think I'm at a point where the game's BR is too damn high no matter what I do. Almost every fight takes a while and is often a big struggle. Enemies are really spongy and way too many of the encounters are filled with enemies that can aoe, as well as do multiple aoe status ailments on me. The last few bits of Diva's story were so damn hard (surprisingly not her final boss). Now I started Mido's and my god it's infuriatingly difficult. Like it's straight up unfair. I somehow beat the little Pulchra intro and Delta Base and am now in Yomi where I'm grinding at a red door to learn some techs and spells because otherwise there's no way I'm beating this.

So questions about that.

Can you rank techs up with easy and normal battles? I'm trying to unlock Gun + Sword with Mido and only need one more rank of the two required techs to do it but it's taking forever.

Also, do kugutsu roles that you get from monsters and spirits carry over to subsequent playthroughs? I think they do based on the NG+ screen. Do the skills they mimic carry over?

Lastly, can you unlock Mido with Ameya? I'm guessing you can't since their stories seem to be happening at the same time. But I do know that many of the protagonists can be recruit in other stories if you've already beaten theirs once. For example, I read you can recruit Diva in Avalon as well as Siugnas in Yomi if you've beaten their stories. I was wondering if it was the same with Mido. I think I've read of people recruiting him with Siugnas by visiting Miyako City, but Miyako is kinda like a hub for Ameya and doesn't really have a story so my guy is telling me you can't recruit Mido at all with her.

OP
OP
Jakenbakin

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
Can you rank techs up with easy and normal battles? I'm trying to unlock Gun + Sword with Mido and only need one more rank of the two required techs to do it but it's taking forever.

Also, do kugutsu roles that you get from monsters and spirits carry over to subsequent playthroughs? I think they do based on the NG+ screen. Do the skills they mimic carry over?

Lastly, can you unlock Mido with Ameya? I'm guessing you can't since their stories seem to be happening at the same time. But I do know that many of the protagonists can be recruit in other stories if you've already beaten theirs once. For example, I read you can recruit Diva in Avalon as well as Siugnas in Yomi if you've beaten their stories. I was wondering if it was the same with Mido. I think I've read of people recruiting him with Siugnas by visiting Miyako City, but Miyako is kinda like a hub for Ameya and doesn't really have a story so my guy is telling me you can't recruit Mido at all with her.

1. I think so? I think ranking up is just about using skills a certain number of times, whereas glimmering new techs itself requires enemies to be a certain difficulty. That said depending on how high your BR is I would think even their inspiration "level" high enough to let you glimmer.

2. Yes Kugutsu keep all developments like other characters, and don't lose access to anything. With repeated use I have found I can really depend on these dudes by my third playthrough because I had so many Soul Techs on top of useful souls like the -1 BP on damage one and whatever natural techs they have mimicked over cumulative playthroughs.

3. I doubt she can recruit him. I don't know that anyone can be certain of possible recruitments until the guide comes out or datamining reveals recruitment options, but I think it's assumed this one can't happen (just like B+F don't seem to be recruitable by any other protags sadly - though they seem to be the only one able to recruit all the other protags funny enough).

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
1. I think so? I think ranking up is just about using skills a certain number of times, whereas glimmering new techs itself requires enemies to be a certain difficulty. That said depending on how high your BR is I would think even their inspiration "level" high enough to let you glimmer.

2. Yes Kugutsu keep all developments like other characters, and don't lose access to anything. With repeated use I have found I can really depend on these dudes by my third playthrough because I had so many Soul Techs on top of useful souls like the -1 BP on damage one and whatever natural techs they have mimicked over cumulative playthroughs.

3. I doubt she can recruit him. I don't know that anyone can be certain of possible recruitments until the guide comes out or datamining reveals recruitment options, but I think it's assumed this one can't happen (just like B+F don't seem to be recruitable by any other protags sadly - though they seem to be the only one able to recruit all the other protags funny enough).
Ok I guess I'll just keep spamming these repeatable battles till my techs rank up. Probably have to spark some stuff for a couple more of my kugutsu as well, especially the martial arts guy. Since I gave Mido a gun and a sword I have no one else using martial arts for him to learn. Shame a lot not being able to recruit Mido as Ameya. It seems like that's the case. I can tell he's gonna get pretty strong. I need someone to replace LoLo in her story because I just hate having monsters and worrying about redoing trials to get more accessories and finding the right monsters to learn techs. I'll have to settle for Dolores since I used her for the majority of my Diva run and made her decently strong.

cozyduck

Oct 28, 2017
I'm generally not a fan of monsters either, but there's few things as strong in this game as a high INT mage + a monster with ranked up elemental salvo. It allows you to speed up 2 turn spells to 1 turn, and its cost starts at 3BP but decreases to 1BP as it ranks up. So at rank 2 you'll be able to cast most AoEs on turn 2 with the rising power formation, and at rank 3 you can even do it to The Tower and Snowstorm.

Last edited:

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
Alright I beat Diva's story last night. It sucked. I think I'm at a point where the game's BR is too damn high no matter what I do. Almost every fight takes a while and is often a big struggle. Enemies are really spongy and way too many of the encounters are filled with enemies that can aoe, as well as do multiple aoe status ailments on me. The last few bits of Diva's story were so damn hard (surprisingly not her final boss). Now I started Mido's and my god it's infuriatingly difficult. Like it's straight up unfair. I somehow beat the little Pulchra intro and Delta Base and am now in Yomi where I'm grinding at a red door to learn some techs and spells because otherwise there's no way I'm beating this.

I think Diva's scenario gets the highest BR rank because it just has so many required worlds. I ran into the same issue on my first run.
And the fun thing is that if you do Diva's scenario first, it means any time you carry over BR to anyone else it starts that high (X_X)

I'm generally not a fan of monsters either, but there's few things as strong in this game as a high INT mage + a monster with ranked up elemental salvo. It allows you to speed up 2 turn spells to 1 turn, and its cost starts at 3BP but decreases to 1BP as it ranks up. So at rank 2 you'll be able to cast most AoEs on turn 2 with the rising power formation, and at rank 3 you can even do it to The Tower and Snowstorm.

Yeah, I was going to ask at this point if anyone has actually made a great monster party member that's viable for high end battles, and if so what skills they have on them.

I also wonder what the best mech skills are.

Started up Mido's third run. Was curious based on how much was changing and being revealed whether this was the last variation, interesting to know it is. Got Grelon again as one of my first 2 choices despite it being part of my first, so I suppose it doesn't necessarily prefer worlds you haven't visited. Still, found the iterative runs to be a neat way to handle his campaigns.

Just on the cusp of having him being able to do the sword/gun duo as well, so I'm interested in how effective it is once I unlock it.

Also is it just me, or was his last boss on run 2 kind of a joke for a brutal, especially compared to some of the spirit brutals? The fire brutal in Cinq took me multiple tries and revisions, where I stomped that last boss first try. Honestly, a bit disappointed.

So people have run Mido #4 and it's identical to #3? Have players hit the final variation in any of the other runs? Is the community just assuming Siugnas/B+F/Diva don't have any variations beyond their first run?

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a way to know which techs Kugutsu can't mimic? I'm trying to teach Musashi Boasting Slash and Dark Centipede and it's just not happening.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Started my second Tsunanori run. Already off to a bad start because none of the starting worlds are Pulchra. I wanna finish the last two side stories there (assuming White has one) and I want Lita. After I beat a world, do the rest shuffle around? I'll keep reloading if I have to. Didn't do it this first time because it would mean restarting the story from the beginning and I already geared everyone up.

Edit: I did Capitol City as my first world and Lita was the reporter for whatever reason. Not only that, but when I beat it, I couldn't recruit her. Also none of the options for the next three worlds are Pulchra. Please don't tell me Mido can't even do Pulchra on a second run. If that's the case I'm dropping this playthrough right now and just playing as Siugnas.

Last edited: