• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Iso

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome! While Saints 3 was a better game, the first two Saint's games hold a special place in my heart and from what I remember, the PC port of 2 is pretty shit. Glad I picked up both up on the spring sale :D

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not ready for a replay, but this is a solid addition (and XB1 now covers the series pretty completely). After so many open-world games went deep into superpowers, something closer to a good Vice City derivative is (ironically) a nice palate cleanser. Also, eliminating the tearing and getting the framerate closer to a lock will be excellent for the console version.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
the pc version is a mess and basically unplayable without a mod, was the console version better?

saints row 2 is really really good. the right amount of wackyness and serious stuff that the series should have strived for instead of going full meme with 3/4

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
This is the one I really want. I still think the 1st is the best

Now this is an opinion i dont hear everyday

1 is so unremarkably boring to me. It's like GTA without anything interesting from GTA. At least the other games tried something different, even when they went too far for my liking

Iso

Oct 25, 2017
Alright I'm prepared to have this fight in this thread
I'll be honest, if I let my heart speak I'm going to say the OG Saint's game is my favorite. I was a lot younger and played the shit out of the online, it was the 'Halo' for the 360 before Gears and Halo 3 came out.

Buuuut, I had a lot of fun playing all 3 of the Saint's games (Haven't played 4), so really, they're all pretty close in my eyes.

D65

Oct 26, 2017
I'll be honest, if I let my heart speak I'm going to say the OG Saint's game is my favorite. I was a lot younger and played the shit out of the online, it was the 'Halo' for the 360 before Gears and Halo 3 came out.

Buuuut, I had a lot of fun playing all 3 of the Saint's games (Haven't played 4), so really, they're all pretty close in my eyes.

Play 4 like STAT

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
Holy shit, really happy that this got added. With the pc port being so awful I figured my only option to replay SR2 would be to keep a 360 hooked up.

Hotsuma

Oct 28, 2017
We need someone to make customized slip covers for the Xbox 360 and OG Xbox games that are backwards compatible so they can be used in the Xbox One game cases. Can't wait to play Saints Row 2 again!

KomandaHeck

Oct 26, 2017
Great, I downloaded the PS3 version last year and it runs like absolute dogshit, so hopefully the XBO cleans up some of the technical issues. SR2 is the best Saints game by far and was criminally under looked in the same year as GTA IV.

It's not a particularly amazing game, but I do hope the first game becomes BC too.

Feb 10, 2018
In isolation, definitely...

But after playing the whole series, 4 pays off very well and is my favourite.

They took them to far after 2, felt like a different franchise.
2 got the balance right by being still different enough from GTA, without diluting the game with everything being over the top like in the later entries.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
2, and 3/4 are largely different animals.

2 is a GTA clone that knows it's a clone, and tries to do interesting things with subverting it - the side activities, the protagonist's brutality, the culmination of the Ultor storyline and the lingering threads from the first game are (for me, at least) an amazing feat. And Stillwater being in its second iteration really let Volition pack a lot of content in there.

3, by comparison, is (again, for me), more about style than substance. It's certainly not a bad game, but the transition to Steelport (which is relatively barren) never sat well with me. 4 Is just....its own beast, with its own issues.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is the best Saints Row. 3 was a massive disappointment and while 4 was an improvement over 3 I much prefered this one. It was hilarious and yet grounded at the sametime.

Dukie85

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Now this is an opinion i dont hear everyday

1 is so unremarkably boring to me. It's like GTA without anything interesting from GTA. At least the other games tried something different, even when they went too far for my liking
That's why I like 1 so much. It knew what it wanted to be, and in my opinion, it executed it well. I love 2, I just think 1 was more fun for me. After 1 and 2, it just went way too goofy for its own good. 3 and 4 are alright, but they treaded way too far away for me.

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
Really was a noteworthy game and definitely was a fun alternative to GTA. I mean, it was fun to see what happened later on, but I wouldn't mind a back to basics since everything since then as left fans scratching their heads.

X1 Two

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is the best Saints Row. 3 was a massive disappointment and while 4 was an improvement over 3 I much prefered this one. It was hilarious and yet grounded at the sametime.
I think you are very alone with that opinion. 2 was just a weak sequel, using the same assets and the same town. 3 actually improved the game and 4 turned it into a superhero game. 2 is by far the one with the least amount of effort put into it.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
I think you are very alone with that opinion. 2 was just a weak sequel, using the same assets and the same town. 3 actually improved the game and 4 turned it into a superhero game. 2 is by far the one with the least amount of effort put into it.

Nah s/he is not alone at all! Saints Row 2 was the absolute high point in the series and the franchise best. Saints Row 3 had some incredible customization, but the laziness of activities and city takeover mechanics felt like busy work at times (and I replayed it many times in co-op). The setup, the story, the city - everything felt better to me in 2 than 3.

brain_stew

Oct 30, 2017
Oh wow this is brilliant news. Really curious to see if this can fix performance. The PC version is still a stuttery mess on modern systems so a spruced up console version would be much appreciated.

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017

I think you're the one alone on your opinion here

Deleted member 41931

User requested account closure
Apr 10, 2018
Thats great, I tried getting the pc version running a couple of weeks ago and couldn't manage. So good timing as I will probably feel like replaying soon.

Wiseblood

Oct 28, 2017
This is still my favorite Saints Row game and it bummed me out when they pretty much denounced it in the intro of SR4.

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017

They are definitely not alone. 2 is the best game in the series as far as I'm concerned.

DarkCloud12X

Oct 27, 2017
Take note Rockstar...that's now 3 GTA clone games that made it to Xbox One BC with their full tracklist intact. In the case of 3 and 4 that's a lot of songs. You're officially cheaper than Deep Silver.

Bond

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
I just popped in my disk and the opening boat chase, runs poorly even on the Xbox One X. But, I am having so much fun regardless of the goofy charm and steady pace. What happened to this great series? I am getting tearily eyed with this one, a revival is needed to cure people of the horrible Agents of Mayhem. Koch Media need to greenlight a new game soon!