dusan

Aug 2, 2020
giphy.gif

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
The strategy continues to shift and change. MS wants different things from Xbox than Xbox wants from Xbox. What's said today won't be true tomorrow. Feels a power struggle is happening & has been happening since February's multiplatform strategy became official.
I want a book on this

AtomicShroom

Tools & Automation
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Cloud streaming growing is an absolute and total lie. It's so not growing that MS dropped all investments in xCloud to zero last year. Every stat I've seen from every cloud streaming provider points to a completely stagnant market. No one cares, and no one wants to play games with delayed controls, interruptions, and streaming artifacts.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
Apple Arcade numbers are probably overinflated a bit because it's part of the Apple One sub. I have arcade through that but wouldn't if not bundled with other subs.
Sure but a sub is a sub. Microsoft know this also, they don't care that probably 80% of Office users are just using Word and Excel primarily.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Cloud streaming growing is an absolute and total lie. It's so not growing that MS dropped all investments in xCloud to zero last year. Every stat I've seen from every cloud streaming provider points to a completely stagnant market. No one cares, and no one wants to play games with delayed controls, interruptions, and streaming artifacts.
Yeah they said that while sandbagging for the trial. They have since been investing in it again

t67443

Oct 30, 2017
I get that she is just answering questions, but all they do is talk. Just… can't they be like Nintendo and barely say anything and let their actions speak? They are partially in this mess because they say so much and a year or two down the track it bounces back at them.
Isn't that also one of the biggest complaints about Nintendo?

vio55555

Apr 11, 2024
It was but I think people are seeing that the whole "we're a good corporation schtick, here to be friends to studios and gamers" means nothing when the CEO/CFO order cuts, so better to just be quiet so that if you have to make tough decisions, it doesn't turn everything you've said for years into worthless lies.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021

By some people I guess. I personally find it refreshing. They just let their games and their actions do the talking. I much prefer that over constant interviews that in a year or two are brought up once the strategy changes.

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

Yeah, you know, I'm not so sure PlayStation and Nintendo fans are worried about those brands abandoning their platforms and not releasing new hardware in the future, or leaning into focusing on publishing first party games on rival platforms.

Seems a lot less like an industry wide problem, and a very specific Xbox only problem.
Xbox has been doing that lately and some of era (and other places!) has lapped it up. The idea that xbox isnt doing poorly only but console gaming is doomed

Oct 27, 2017
Tbh i prefer Nintendo's way. I dont really give a damn about thier CEO yapping about whatever to try and seek personable,theyre a corp thats out to make money and not my friend. I prefer to read the interviews from thier devs gushing about thier game more than some exec going on a news tour 80 Times a week.

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017

Geforce Now and Sony's currently limited PS5 streaming are amazing. Xbox just can't touch them right now. As far as consumers not caring, I think that can be changed. PS Portal seems to be doing better than Sony expected.

AtomicShroom

Tools & Automation
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Geforce Now and Sony's currently limited PS5 streaming are amazing. Xbox just can't touch them right now. As far as consumers not caring, I think that can be changed. PS Portal seems to be doing better than Sony expected.

They might be amazing but no one's using them. And by "no one" I mean "there's a small chunk of people, sure, but it's so small it's completely insignificant in the grand scheme of things. Like a grain of sand on the beach". GeForce Now userbase has been totally stagnant for years.

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017
They might be amazing but no one's using them. And by "no one" I mean "there's a small chunk of people, sure, but it's so small it's completely insignificant in the grand scheme of things. Like a grain of sand on the beach". GeForce Now userbase has been totally stagnant for years.

In a declining console market, you got to do something. It might be low margins, but better to do the work now than be caught unprepared if things shift more dramatically in that direction.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
I was rooting for Xbox this generation but it's clear Xbox has no future. The executives have no clue what they are doing and it's pretty clear by their strategic shifts every year. It's really sad because the Series X is a fantastic piece of hardware let down back lackluster software and directionless leadership at the top.