DevilPuncher

"This guy are sick" and Aggressively Mediocre
Oct 25, 2017
Quest 64 is a game that you can play(?).

Earthbound has great music and a unique setting.

GlitchyDegree

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Dec 4, 2017
Samus is really cute in Other M.

The first two chapters of MGS4 are great.

Dante looked really cool in Devil May Cry 2.

Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor was fun when I got it to work properly for a few minutes.

Uncharted 3 has a really fun co-op mode.

Zone of the Enders came with a great demo of MGS2 and had a amazing sequel.

StraySheep

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Oct 26, 2017
PUBG was smart to drop its lawsuit against Fortnite.

I honestly have nothing good to say about it other than I like driving vehicles in games so I'm glad they included that.

Jan 4, 2018
Surprised to see less backhanded compliments in here than usual. Most of these threads end up just being people trying to passive aggressively hate on a game.

EDIT: Just to throw my two cents on-topic, Nier Automata had really solid combat (which, of course, it's a Platinum game).

Last edited:

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Breath of the Wild made me quit the Zelda series, so I saved money by not buying the DLC, Hyrule Warriors for the Switch or anything Zelda related.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
hqdefault.jpg

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Final Fantasy XV has the best lighting I've seen in a released game.
The Last Guardian has incredible art direction.
Nioh has very rewarding and responsive combat.
God of War has fantastic graphical effects, especially when using the warp table/room thingie.
Halo 5 runs at 60fps.
Gears 4 has really impressive weather effects.
Mario Galaxy's new semi-open design allows for a frustration-free progression with constant variety.
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 has great exploration and traversal.
Uncharted 4 has exceptionally fluid and fun combat design.
Fallout 4 has a vast and stunning world.
Dishonored 2 has rewarding and flexible exploration and infiltration level design.
Ni no Kuni 2 has some very cute creature designs.
Inside is extremely polished and consistent.
Doom has very fun traversal and beautiful controls.
Cuphead has great art.

I was going to do all the games I didn't like that made the first pages of the gamerankings highest rated lists for the three current systems, but that's enough.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Bioshock infinite has beautiful artdirection and one of the coolest beginnings in a game ever.

Metroid Other M has uh...I mean.....sorry I got nothing.

Paper Mario Sticker Star has nice graphics for a 3DS game.

ShortNasty

Dec 15, 2017
The Tomb Raider games were incredibly ambitious. The Assassins Creed games eventually ended.

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
lol at some backhanded compliments here. "x ended", get over yourself.
both LoL and DOTA, throughout graphical reworks, have great art, specially the stages.
Realistic driving games are generally incredibly beautiful.
Just Cause 3 has a fun maneuverability

Minako

Oct 25, 2017
Assassin's Creed 3 has really great naval combat to the point that it's become a series mainstay and been improved upon with each new entry that features it.

T-Min

May 23, 2018
Tennessee
Final Fantasy XV had a strong cast of characters that deserved to be in a better-written story, and some of Tetsuya Nomura's best character designs.

Deleted member 7450

Oct 25, 2017
Ubisoft games have good presentation, if not the best in the business;

EA games run well on PC;

Activision games (i.e. CoD) have a big package (OF CONTENT YOU PERVERT)

Bethesda, specifically with The Elder Scrolls & Fallout, make exploration feels "organic".

JRPGs (ugh) have good characters.

Deleted member 39587

Banned
Feb 6, 2018
GTA Online receives a lot of cool patches with tons of inventive new ideas.
Wish the content was actually playable tho (I'd really love to play this cool shit, please make MP better, R*)

OP
OP
Jayson's Rage

Jayson's Rage

Oct 24, 2017
To the people who can't seem to not be shitty: You do realize you don't have to post in every thread right? Fuck off with these backhanded comments and shit, we're breeding positivity and critical analysis here.

Another game I dislike very much is Uncharted but I cannot deny the great art direction, impressive visuals, and good story/characters!

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Other M had some good commercials. Some of its concepts were good in theory.

... I'm done. Burn it down.

MrBadger

Oct 27, 2017

This is a really dope theme

As is this

Either game is perfectly playable from start to finish and you can do a lot worse than either.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
To the people who can't seem to not be shitty: You do realize you don't have to post in every thread right? Fuck off with these backhanded comments and shit, we're breeding positivity and critical analysis here.

Another game I dislike very much is Uncharted but I cannot deny the great art direction, impressive visuals, and good story/characters!

We have this thread once every few months and it always attracts passive-aggressive shitposts. I get what you're trying to accomplish here, but you had to expect that a good portion of posts would be garbage.

Anyway Other M. - I appreciate that it tried to bring the 2D Metroid gameplay into 3D in a more literal way than the Prime games (strictly linear instead of openish arena-like areas like in Prime, far 3rd person view) while simultaneously trying to keep some aspects of Prime (1st person mode), but it just didn't come together. Even completely ignoring the story, you're left with relatively uninspired level design, bad controls, and little challenge (and FUCKING PIXEL HUNTING).

Again, I think they had a good premise, it just didn't pan out, but I appreciate that they tried to do something different from Prime or old 2D Metroid.

OP
OP
Jayson's Rage

Jayson's Rage

Oct 24, 2017
We have this thread once every few months and it always attracts passive-aggressive shitposts. I get what you're trying to accomplish here, but you had to expect that a good portion of posts would be garbage.
Yeah, I expected it, I just held out hope lol.

Another one that I can't really enjoy playing is the Spyro games. However the world they build is adorable and super endearing with fantastically designed characters that I can't help but love despite my aversion to the actual games

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Far cry 5 has nice visuals

Chrono trigger has beautiful art and a cool premise

Resident evil 5 and 6 have some fun set piece moments.