• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Scarlett-Johansson-Photo.jpg
Scarlett Johansson might be one of the stars of the biggest film of all-time ("Avengers: Endgame"), but unlike many of the other A-listers in Hollywood, she's not one to bite her tongue. This has proven to be an asset in many instances, as Johansson has used her star power to force change with her involvement in Time's Up or her activism. But sometimes, she's been able to stir up some controversy based on her honest answers to questions.

In a new interview with THR, that latter sentiment is explored even further as the Marvel actress opens up about one of the biggest collaborators in her career, Woody Allen. As you probably know, Allen has been the subject of intense sexual assault allegations for decades and with the rise of the #MeToo campaign, these claims have been brought back to the surface. But for Johansson, who has worked with Allen on films like "Match Point," "Scoop," and " Vicky Cristina Barcelona," she doesn't believe the allegations against the director. She firmly stands with Woody Allen.

"I love Woody," she said. "I believe him, and I would work with him anytime."

Johansson added, "I see Woody whenever I can, and I have had a lot of conversations with him about it. I have been very direct with him, and he's very direct with me. He maintains his innocence, and I believe him." Asked if this position feels fraught to express in a cultural environment where there is a new and powerful emphasis on believing women's allegations, Johansson says, "It's hard because it's a time where people are very fired up, and understandably. Things needed to be stirred up, and so people have a lot of passion and a lot of strong feelings and are angry, and rightfully so. It's an intense time." "

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yawn. These basic white feminists talk a big MeToo game until it's someone they know personally. Fuck off Scarlett.

Oct 25, 2017
I imagine the publicist who is working with her on her Marriage Story Oscar campaign is thrilled she said this.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Seems like par for the course with ScarJo, she really just needs to stop with the opening the mouth when in public thing.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
You'd think her manager or publicist would have these kind of questions banned from her interviews, she always puts her foot in her mouth. Like, read the room, lol.

Somehow that still isn't as dumb as this incredible quote by Kate Winslet though:

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Damn she love jumping in front of unnecessary bullets

PR:" Scarjo did not shit her pants"
Scarjo:" Not only did I shit my pants i did it wearing blackface"

Oct 25, 2017
That whole Woody Allen family stuff is just a total mess. You got accusations and counter accusations and rebuttals and denials that I have no idea what to believe when it comes to the sexual abuse allegations

That said, he's still a creep ass for marrying his adoptive daughter...

EDIT: Apologies but I must have misunderstood their relationship, it has been pointed out to me that his current wife is the adoptive daughter of Mia Farrow and a previous husband, not his own.

Last edited:

rrc1594

Oct 25, 2017
That whole Woody Allen family stuff is just a total mess. You got accusations and counter accusations and rebuttals and denials that I have no idea what to believe when it comes to the sexual abuse allegations

Yep above it all that shit is suspect as fuck

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Haha why even come out and say this shit? She could work with so many talented directors and she's out here sucking up to Woody Allen's overrated ass. All she had to do was say she didn't want to comment on it.

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Scarlett is doing some wack shit in the media recently. Gotta shut it down.

Hugare

Banned
Aug 31, 2018
Yeah, she gives no fucks because she has enough money to make her grandchildren millionaires. Fuck off.

But lol at people thinking that Black Widow will bomb. Dont do this to yourself, guys.
As much as I wanted it to fail based on Scarlet, we all know it just wont happen.

ZiZ

Oct 27, 2017
Scarlett has no problem being a spokesperson for a company that illegally builds it's factories on Palestinian land.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017

You know all of the former but you don't know that she isn't his adoptive daughter?

They've been together for decades now. You'd think people would afford her a bit more agency by now.

GrubChub

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I mean, Scarlet, as an Asian American, definitely needs to worry about being adopted by him and then molested by him. (Allegedly)

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
The way she been wild in the media lately tells me that BW will be her passing the torch and she is done with the MCU on many levels

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
You know all of the former but you don't know that she isn't his adoptive daughter?

They've been together for decades now. You'd think people would afford her a bit more agency by now.

She was the adopted daughter of the woman he once had a long-term relationship with. And he knew her since she was 8 or 9 years-old. If he wasn't a famous film maker there wouldn't be a single person outside of possibly his family that wouldn't find that to be extraordinarily creepy.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
As an aside, I love Christoph Waltz and I'm incredibly disappointed he's going to be in an upcoming Woody Allen film.

Oct 25, 2017

Sorry but i'm not sure what you're asking me. I am sure that his current wife was his adopted daughter