• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JustinBailey

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You're watching the fall of the United States here folks. Gotham is already here.

Gonna be a great next 20-50 years.

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
Yall better pack the hell out of the courts, they've always been partisan and now it's just out in the open.

On the way out, dismantle ICE (or reform it to something so unrecognizable it's basically a 7-11. Good riddance.)

Horns

Dec 7, 2018
Indefinite detention. Remember when Libertarians used to care about this stuff?

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I can see calls to pack the courts are only going to increase from here. This is a horrific ruling.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
I look forward to RBG's dissenting opinion. I will listen to it opposite catchy rap tunes just like in her documentary.
(Yeah, this is an atrocious ruling. But this is what America is now.)

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
Concentration camps is the next thing.

ICE Detention camps have existed for years and years now. Are people not paying attention? Can't wait for people to see something bad and immediate think it's because this specific ruling destroyed freedom overnight when it was actually something that was already happening.

SaintBowWow

Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck. Is this an authority bestowed only onto ICE? If they were to be abolished would this ruling be effectively void?

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How long before I get locked up indefinitely for my political opinions I've posted online?

Don't even joke about that. It's horrifying to think if you've ever been arrested for anything at any point in your entire life, ICE can just grab you off the street with no warrant for any reason they want.

You can't even assume this'll only affect illegal immigrants, either. Anyone that wasn't born in America could be at risk.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
Exactly. Their silence on issues they used to get worked up about has been very telling.
Libertarians are nothing more than conservatives who pretend to be intellectuals. They are completely in favor of most conservative values, just looks at how many self described libertarians are part of the republican party.

Also this ruling is just atrocious on so many levels, conservatives truly are heartless and evil fucks.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
ICE Detention camps have existed for years and years now. Are people not paying attention? Can't wait for people to see something bad and immediate think it's because this specific ruling destroyed freedom overnight when it was actually something that was already happening.

Yup, there is one a few miles from me that we protested at. I just think the majority of Americans do not think its a 'thing'

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
Are Gestapo comparisons finally appropriate?
Their legality being asserted is what people are talking about here.